ADVERTISEMENT

2A West Discussion Board - 2nd Round

That was 97 That was my senior class. We were down 13-6 with 5 min left and threw 3 pick 6's. 2001 was one of our weakest teams ever finishing 5-6 a 15 seed against the 2 seed Lions and the final was 17-14 Shelby. I have never said we would beat them but we can play with them and its at our house for a change providing we both take care of business.

Originally posted by crestrulz:
Originally posted by owen98:
There are many teams that will have a say before its over. Not gonna give Shelby the title. They are gonna have to earn it.
laugh.r191677.gif

Shelby will destroy Owen if it happens. They will turn your field into their field and laugh at you while they're doing it. I applaud your effort here, but your team simply isn't good enough, and I've never saw them play. Speed will overwhelm you. Mountain football sucks.Unless you're ACR or Asheville, and sometimes ERWIN.
Owen has a potent running game, they're not a pushover mountain team.

That was 97 That was my senior class. We were down 13-6 with 5 min left and threw 3 pick 6's. 2001 was one of our weakest teams ever finishing 5-6 a 15 seed against the 2 seed Lions and the final was 17-14 Shelby. I have never said we would beat them but we can play with them and its at our house for a change providing we both take care of business.
I don't remember that game being that close. Only thing I remember about that game was I had my only bad snap of the season during that game...threw it about 5 feet over the punters head. Actually I also remember running a trap play where I cracked down on the defensive tackle (from the center position) and TKO'd him. He had no idea where I came from. I remember him looking up at me and saying "gaaa" and I just started laughing. I think that play may have actually gone for a TD. And that was Norris Hopper that was QBing.

It was 13-6 in the 4th quarter after those 3 ints it was 34-6. It was Norris Hopper and that was the first year Shelby dropped from 3a to 2a and they had like 70 players we had 27. The year prior Shelby had beaten Asheville in the 3a playoffs.

Green and Gold what kind of fans would we be if we didn't believe our team could win. We were the upstart 8 seed and you were the 1. We gave you all you wanted for a half for sure. Everything I hear y'all are not as good as last year and we are better than last year. Providing we both get by tonite it will be a good battle. All the Heritage people seem to think we shouldn't have a problem and since they played both of us that what I have to go on. Good luck tonite and hopefully we'll see you in Blk Mtn in a week.

Green and Gold what kind of fans would we be if we didn't believe our team could win. We were the upstart 8 seed and you were the 1. We gave you all you wanted for a half for sure. Everything I hear y'all are not as good as last year and we are better than last year. Providing we both get by tonite it will be a good battle. All the Heritage people seem to think we shouldn't have a problem and since they played both of us that what I have to go on. Good luck tonite and hopefully we'll see you in Blk Mtn in a week.
You are right. We are not quite as good as we were last year but we are not 30 points worse. Hopefully we can get by tonight and head up the mountain next week. Well, I would really like for Salisbury to beat you this week but don't really see that happening. Good luck.

Shelby is very, very good and will be the favorite against anybody they play! If we are fortunate enough to get past Mt. Pleasant, which will not be easy for us, we will show up and give it the old college try against the Lions.

The last thing Shelby needs to worry about right now is Owen, which btw, obviously is very good team this year. Shelby's focus needs to be on Reidsville and also on limiting the penalties. Shelby can't afford another sloppy performance next week.

Originally posted by crestrulz:
There are many teams that will have a say before its over. Not gonna give Shelby the title. They are gonna have to earn it.
laugh.r191677.gif

Shelby will destroy Owen if it happens. They will turn your field into their field and laugh at you while they're doing it. I applaud your effort here, but your team simply isn't good enough, and I've never saw them play. Speed will overwhelm you. Mountain football sucks.Unless you're ACR or Asheville, and sometimes ERWIN.
Ha! After seeing the way Kings Mountain got handled by a pitiful West Henderson team, as bad as anyone in your conference handled them, I'm not so sure I would take anyone in the SMAC against Owen. I expect Shelby to be spitting teeth if they make it into the Swananoa Valley.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT