ADVERTISEMENT

2A boys elite 8

Elite 8 in boys 2-A
Reidsville (26-0) vs. West Stokes (22-7)
Randleman (23-5) vs. Salisbury (26-3)
Farmville Central (28-1) vs. Northwood (27-3)
Fairmont (22-5) vs. Goldsboro (26-3)

post scores from these games here

think Sharpe had six 3 pointers plus a 3 point play the old fashioned way....may be wrong.....Rams were so focused in first half jumping out to 54-19 halftime lead

Reactions: Rammer16
In the Elite 8 last year, Reidsville beat Salisbury 59-50 ... can't either team being held below 60 this time around.

I'm guessing that the Reidsville-Salisbury game Wednesday will be the late one since those two schools are the closest to W-S in travel miles.

Reidsville 76-72.
Watched the game on NFHS network ... good video but the announcer was clueless. Never mentioned the Farmville-Reidsville rematch scenario. Never knew how many fouls Neal had that sent him to the bench for pretty much the entire third quarter. I'm thinking one of the fouls was a technical for delay of game after he made a layup. Anyway, Reidsville-Farmville in a historic rematch Saturday.

Reidsville 76-72.
Watched the game on NFHS network ... good video but the announcer was clueless. Never mentioned the Farmville-Reidsville rematch scenario. Never knew how many fouls Neal had that sent him to the bench for pretty much the entire third quarter. I'm thinking one of the fouls was a technical for delay of game after he made a layup. Anyway, Reidsville-Farmville in a historic rematch Saturday.
One of the worst announced games I have ever heard at any level. Clueless is a very generous assessment. I thought the lady ref was a little out of her element. Anticipated fouls that weren't and hurt both teams.

Congratulations to Reidsville for the win. Even though I’m closer to the Salisbury area I did pull for them. Good season for Salisbury. They had a good squad. Best of luck to Reidsville in State Championship game. I will be pulling for them.

One of the worst announced games I have ever heard at any level. Clueless is a very generous assessment. I thought the lady ref was a little out of her element. Anticipated fouls that weren't and hurt both teams.
Say it how it is. She didn’t belong out there on that floor. She came out with a purpose to get Neal in could trouble and slow the rams down. It started to work then Neal entered back in and dominated the game. Everyone fought hard even when things weren’t going their way. Heart of champions is what I saw tonight. They will be better Saturday. Go Rams

Going by what Mike London twitter stated. There was 6 ties and 12 lead changes in the Reidsville n Salisbury game. Salisbury hit 14 of 15 foul shots. Mostly Juke. Points off turnovers was 22-4 Reidsville advantage.

Last edited:
Reidsville 76-72.
I believe it would be better to have no audio than to listen to clueless and biased reporters that NFHS hires.

• Wow
Kendre Harrison had 19 points and 19 rebounds to lead Reidsville but huge games also from Al Lee, J Sharpe, Dionte Neal and Cam Jones.
Here's the box score as provided by the NCHSAA:
Impressive. Could you add the link to get the Hickory 3A game stats for me?

Neal's 3rd foul after the layup was for taunting the guy guarding him....short time later he was flattened by "juke" at half court for his 4th foul (midway thru 3rd qtr.),,,,Rams could've folded right there because they lost the lead but showed some poise in retaking the game...............

The biggest weakness Reidsville has was shown last night: depth and no backup PG. Team looked lost without Dionte, and Salisbury took advantage of that in the 3Q Rams were outscored 21 to 12 after having a 7 point lead at half.

But yes, Rams tightened up and never had any quit in them. Hope today is just a video and light shoot around, they need rest for Saturday.

Juke Harris is very very good and Wake Forest will have a guy that can get to the basket with ease.

The biggest weakness Reidsville has was shown last night: depth and no backup PG. Team looked lost without Dionte, and Salisbury took advantage of that in the 3Q Rams were outscored 21 to 12 after having a 7 point lead at half.

But yes, Rams tightened up and never had any quit in them. Hope today is just a video and light shoot around, they need rest for Saturday.

Juke Harris is very very good and Wake Forest will have a guy that can get to the basket with ease.

It could have been worse with Dionte

Some excellent highlights and interviews on HighSchoolOT

Next year I hope Reidsville travels out of state for competition in both football and basketball

Next year I hope Reidsville travels out of state for competition in both football and basketball
Schedule is already set for football ... basketball played a tough non-conference schedule with Dudley, Northern Guilford and the three quality opponents in the Christmas Tournament. The conference wasn't bad with West Stokes, Walkertown and Morehead. The schedule makers did a great job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT