ADVERTISEMENT

2023 NCBCA All-District Teams Announced

Wow. I'm actually more astonished at the districts themselves rather than who was chosen. Eastern Randolph and Marvin Ridge in the same district?? Some of the NC Congressional districts make more sense than some of these.

As for "District 8", I'll speak on it.....

I'm very happy to see Brecken Snotherly win POY on the girls side. I think they made the right call here. Also glad to see Gracyn Hall and Elizabeth York on the first team. Well deserved. Also surprised to see Ashara Spruill from Uwharrie on the first team. Congrats to her.

Glad to see Hannah Harrison and Autumn Gentry make second team. Harrison could've made first team. I'm also loving the selection of North Davidson's Lettie Michael to third team. She is very fun to watch.

As for COY, I hate that Jeff Davis wasn't selected. I personally think he did the best job of anyone. However, it is hard to argue against Brandon Varner.

Reactions: thekidd12
As for the guys....

I'm loving the selection of Davonte Brooks first team. I hated that he didn't get POY, but, I'm not mad at the selection of Dominic Payne. Payne had one heck of a year. Also great seeing Jequarius Stanbeck and Ashton Troutman make first team. Well deserved.

Sean Adkins and Tyshaun Goldston made second team. Also well deserved. Goldston should be on first team the next couple of years.

However, I'm not crazy about the absence of Pierce Leonard from these lists. Leonard should've at least made third team. Surprised not to see Dylan Hodges on here either.

As for COY..........let me take a deep breath here. So let me this straight......a coach comes in, takes over a team that won seven games the previous season, wins 29 games, wins a regular-season title, wins a conference tournament title, is playing for a freaking state championship (first in school history) and is NOT named district COY?? Whatever, man.

BTW......this coach also just beat the team that the actual COY's team lost to. In the words of Kevin Samuels, "make it make sense".

As for the guys....

I'm loving the selection of Davonte Brooks first team. I hated that he didn't get POY, but, I'm not mad at the selection of Dominic Payne. Payne had one heck of a year. Also great seeing Jequarius Stanbeck and Ashton Troutman make first team. Well deserved.

Sean Adkins and Tyshaun Goldston made second team. Also well deserved. Goldston should be on first team the next couple of years.

However, I'm not crazy about the absence of Pierce Leonard from these lists. Leonard should've at least made third team. Surprised not to see Dylan Hodges on here either.

As for COY..........let me take a deep breath here. So let me this straight......a coach comes in, takes over a team that won seven games the previous season, wins 29 games, wins a regular-season title, wins a conference tournament title, is playing for a freaking state championship (first in school history) and is NOT named district COY?? Whatever, man.

BTW......this coach also just beat the team that the actual COY's team lost to. In the words of Kevin Samuels, "make it make sense".
See…
Things ain’t what they should be…
And no one can convince me of the reasoning of how “they” voted…

As for the guys....

Wait until PAC7 awards come out…🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Wow71
As for the guys....

Chute, your case for your coach is strong. I know nothing of the politics of these selections, but the job Ann Ferguson did is also commendable. To blend a team with several football injuries, play a tough nonconference schedule with only one double digit loss, the close game with Bishop, beating Salisbury, all give her some serious chops. Co-COY may have been a better option.

Reactions: thekidd12
Sorry i was looking at District 7... you know.. the more logical district for Reidsville to be in... as opposed to district 6 on the outskirts of the Triangle...

• Haha
Reactions: tarheel fan1
I am sorry but some of this District voting is just so much pure BS!
The Number One Player in the State was voted to the Third Team in her District. Really.

IN the 4 4A Playoff Games this is what the Number One Player in the State Did:
1st Round against Hough: 27 Points, 9 Rebounds, 8 Steals, 10 Assist
2nd Round against Mallard Creek: 30 Points, 11 Rebounds, 8 Assist, 10 Steals
3rd round against Independence: 26 Points, 7 Rebounds, 5 Assist, 3 Steals
West Finals against Charlotte Catholic: 35 Points, 16 Rebounds, 5 Assist, 4 Blocks

Ask any of those teams who the Number One Player in the State is: 4 time this year Charlotte Observer Female Athlete of the Week, Lake Norman's Kirsten Lewis Williams. She and her 3 sophomore and 1 freshman teammates (31 and 0) will be playing in Chapel Hill on Saturday.

3rd team??? What a joke.

I’m not taking anything away from the coach at Cherokee, she’s a a great coach, but what Coach Ford did at Robbinsville this year is truly amazing! Things like that get overlooked when such teams like these get created.

Reactions: KW23
Does the coach have to be a member of the NCBCA to vote or have any players on the team? I think it was like that awhile back, just curious.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT