Aug 21, 2002
China Grove, NC
McCrary Park Asheboro 138 Southway Rd, Asheboro, NC 27205

Wednesday August 3rd 2022
9:30 am KY Owensboro Post 9 vs SC(#2) Camden Post 17
11:30 GA Evans Post 192 vs TN Columbia Post 19
4:30 pm FL Belleview Post 284 vs NC Wilmington Post 10
6:30 pm SC (#1) Rock Hill Post 34 vs Randolph County Post 45

Did I dream that there was talk of NC moving to region northward? Seems like people were saying it could increase the chances of possibly NC and SC team making World Series in Shelby.

Did I dream that there was talk of NC moving to region northward? Seems like people were saying it could increase the chances of possibly NC and SC team making World Series in Shelby.
NC was in the Mid-Atlantic Regional in 2019 and 2021 (DE, MD, PA, NC (2), NJ, VA) - 2017, 2018, (and now 2022) they are back in the Southeast (KY, GA, FL, SC (2), TN, NC (2)). In that time period - Randolph went to the WS in 2017, 2018, and 2019.

Not sure why they made the change back to the SE - maybe with the number of teams each year, NC is kind of the "floater" between the 2 regionals.

The way the brackets are set-up, it was either that game or play the 9:00 a.m. game. I think I would rather fight the sun myself than play a 9:00 a.m. game, if given the choice.
Seriously that sun is killer for whole team except third. Umpire in field can’t see a dang thing either. Plus that turf gets where you can’t hardly stand on it when temps get above 90. 9 AM is much better time to play there.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Seriously that sun is killer for whole team except third. Umpire in field can’t see a dang thing either. Plus that turf gets where you can’t hardly stand on it when temps get above 90. 9 AM is much better time to play there.
Trust me, I have coached and played there - totally get it, haha. But if you win that 9:30 a.m. opening game - guess when your next game is? The next day...at 4:30 p.m., lol.

McCrary Park Asheboro 138 Southway Rd, Asheboro, NC 27205

Wednesday August 3rd 2022
9:30 am KY Owensboro Post 9 vs SC(#2) Camden Post 17
11:30 GA Evans Post 192 vs TN Columbia Post 19
4:30 pm FL Belleview Post 284 vs NC Wilmington Post 10
6:30 pm SC (#1) Rock Hill Post 34 vs Randolph County Post 45
SC Camden 11
KY Owensboro 0
5 innings

Owensboro plays at 9:30am Thursday
Camden plays at 4:30pm Thursday

Last edited:
SC Camden 12
KY Owensboro 0
5 innings

Owensboro plays at 9:30am Thursday
Camden plays at 4:30pm Thursday
Sheesh - what a way to start the tournament.

There was one year that Kentucky had a team make the Final Four of a regional (2018 SE Regional), but most of the time they are just overwhelmed by the other participants in the SE (and Great Lakes a couple of times too, I believe).

Rock hill had their best hitter Michael Gibson leave the team to go to Charleston Southern for school after sc state tourney. Huge loss for Rock Hill. Also one of their best players Ethan Belk (Wofford Commit) broke his thumb. Camden is the better team. Rock Hill got hot at the right time. In the first two games of the state tournament Rock Hill won on bottom of the 7th inning walk off home runs. Could of been easily out in 2 games.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Why does South Carolina have two teams ?
There are 6 states represented. Since NC is the host they get 2 teams in. The 8th team is determined by which state has the most number of teams. That is SC and why they have 2.

To me it's a joke that some of these states are making a regional with less than 10 teams in their state.

Florida-18
Georgia-2
Kentucky-7
Tennessee-2

I don't think you should be allowed to send a team to a regional unless your state has at least 8 Senior teams. If Tennessee and Georgia have only 2 senior teams competing 1 of them should be going to Shelby every year. You can divide the state in half and draw any kids to play for your team. You could create super teams.

Thursday August 4th 2022
9:30 am KY Owensboro Post 9 vs NC Wilmington Post 10
12:30 TN Columbia Post 19 vs SC Rock Hill Post 34
4:30 pm SC(#2) Camden Post 17 vs FL Belleview Post 284
7:30 pm GA Evans vs Host Randolph County Post 45
I know they are hosting and usually host plays last game. Just odd that Asheboro never plays during sun time: Is same during Easter tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT