ADVERTISEMENT

2022 NC Sportswriters All State Team

Man... Now I know what the PAC-12 feels like every year... The Eastern players were robbed.
and if the East got all their kids, the West would say the same. The Pac-12 is also, not a good example of anyone getting robbed. Their best team is USC. 😥 Might make top 5 in the SEC

Last edited:
Reactions: DeBoer31 and btango
Let me say something right here. I asked coaches for nominations for 2 weeks. I contacted over 25 sportswriters all across the state and only 4 in the East responded.

Now, before you start saying so and so was robbed…know all the facts!!

Let me say something right here. I asked coaches for nominations for 2 weeks. I contacted over 25 sportswriters all across the state and only 4 in the East responded.

boom smile GIF

• Haha
Reactions: beamer24

You do incredible work! No need to justify it. Sad that coaches/fans will complain about no coverage, but when contacted the same coaches ignore people like you.
Keep up your work! It’s top notch!

Stuff like this is why there are still only 4 classifications.

Reactions: DeBoer31
Regardless of reasons it's a faulty list and the players are the ones that lose out.
Faulty list, based off of what? If sports writers and coaches don’t respond, what would you suggest they do? 🤷🏾‍♂️ When you watched film of every kid in the State, what’s your list, and what did you come up with? I would love to see it.

Last edited:
It is easy to look at a list and feel someone deserving was left off. It is usually very hard to figure out who to remove to make way for that player. Even tougher when the player you are adding is borderline making it.

How does East Forsyth's WR Que' Sean Brown(Duke Commit) NOT Headline this team? He only had 90 career TD's and over 5300 Total Yards. He had a terrific senior year. Plain & simple these writer's didn't do there homework and this ALL-State team is 50% wrong from top to bottom and this can't be taken seriously. Honorable mention is laughable.

If they can't get it right then abolish the whole so-called sportwriters votes.
PLEASE PUBLISH THE NAMES OF THESE VOTERS.

Reactions: Warhead1

Thanks for the explanation. Some of th kids in the East still got robbed, if not from the voters than from the coaches. I count 6 kids from the East on 1st team and 9 on the HM list. About half of those kids are from E. Duplin and 71st. Also, how does NB have no OL on any of those lists after what they just did?

and if the East got all their kids, the West would say the same. The Pac-12 is also, not a good example of anyone getting robbed. Their best team is USC. 😥 Might make top 5 in the SEC
Good point but there is plenty of NFL talent in the PAC 12 and there is plenty of D1 talent in the East.

Good point but there is plenty of NFL talent in the PAC 12 and there is plenty of D1 talent in the East.
I don't disagree with any of that, but what does any of that have to do with sports writers and coaches not showing up to nominate there guys?

Last edited:
Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
How does East Forsyth's WR Que' Sean Brown(Duke Commit) NOT Headline this team? He only had 90 career TD's and over 5300 Total Yards. He had a terrific senior year. Plain & simple these writer's didn't do there homework and this ALL-State team is 50% wrong from top to bottom and this can't be taken seriously. Honorable mention is laughable.

What's laughable is you not doing your Homework 😂. Both Chris Culliver & Nathan Leacock finished with over 1700 yards in receiving. If it was up to you, you would have cheated these 2 kids, who had 700+ yards more in receiving yards than Brown, just because you're a Bias Homer. PLEASE PUBLISH YOUR NAME?

So which one do you remove, Culliver or Leacock? Compare their seasons and let us know.

I don't disagree with any of that, but what does any of that have to do with sports writers and coaches not showing up to nominate there guys?
My point was, there is plenty of all state talent in the East even if the East isn’t as deep from a team standpoint. Shame on the coaches that did t nominate players.

Reactions: ncjeff and nepsy7
My point was, there is plenty of all state talent in the East even if the East isn’t as deep from a team standpoint. Shame on the coaches that did t nominate players.
No doubt, the East has some of the most talented kids in the State. I know Deana puts a lot of work into this team, with little or no help. She can’t make coaches and writers respond. Michael Short LB for us & UNC committ was Defensive player of the year for one of the toughest conferences in NC. He didn’t make it: He wasn’t robbed, and congrats to the kids who made it.

Thanks for the explanation. Some of th kids in the East still got robbed, if not from the voters than from the coaches. I count 6 kids from the East on 1st team and 9 on the HM list. About half of those kids are from E. Duplin and 71st. Also, how does NB have no OL on any of those lists after what they just did?
Not as bad as your top 4 4A East list a few weeks ago. Do you have a revised one?
Nope. Until that point teams had still prove themselves and they did. Keep cherry picking parts of a comment. I guess you earned the right. The victors write history.

@AmosAlonzoStagg

What did I cherry pick? You asked mrhonda why he had New Bern #1 and mentioned a game that happened over 365 days ago like that would have some sort of dictation of what would happen a year later. You also mentioned our schedule being a problem, well, was it? The schedule must not be too much of an issue for them as they're 4-0 in title games the last 15 years. You guess I earned the right? 16-0, what else you want? Lol. Waiting on that revised list.

And from what I was told, all HCs did not receive emails for this.
It's the same list of coaches and programs, that Deana sends out for her annual Yearbook. She leaves no programs out. There is not a Coach in NC, that's not familiar with the process of picking the All-State team. If for some reason, you have not received the form to select your All-State player, why are you not reaching out? The team is selected by coaches and sports writers. What would you suggest she do, to eliminate kids from getting robbed?

Reactions: ncjeff
I posted on twitter for coaches to send me players that I could put on the nomination list. Other prep writers were asked to send in players in their area to nominate. When we got the list together, I sent it to the sportswriters who took the time to help out in this process.

Since NCPreps is a state-wide site, I asked coaches for their input. No I didn’t send out an email to but tweeted it out.

Several other sites have their way of doing all-state as well.

We did it this way to be like the old AP way and hopefully more will participate in the future.

It truly was a tough task doing this. You can never make folks happy regardless. It’s why a lot of people I know in the sports media field are leaving it because of stuff.

I posted on twitter for coaches to send me players that I could put on the nomination list. Other prep writers were asked to send in players in their area to nominate. When we got the list together, I sent it to the sportswriters who took the time to help out in this process.

Since NCPreps is a state-wide site, I asked coaches for their input. No I didn’t send out an email to but tweeted it out.

Several other sites have their way of doing all-state as well.

We did it this way to be like the old AP way and hopefully more will participate in the future.

It truly was a tough task doing this. You can never make folks happy regardless. It’s why a lot of people I know in the sports media field are leaving it because of stuff.
It’s usually always a bias complainer, who’s usually clueless with Football
outside their zip code or area code.

Last edited:
Got to agree with Port's post concerning state 4a champ New Bern. Not only about the Bear's O-line but also that no Bear back got even an honorable mention? Hard to figure this one!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT