ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Rule Changes

Sportsnut17

Oct 7, 2005
I posted this on Ask the Ref, but feel like it gets little or no traffic, so I decided to post again under football boards.

1..40 seconds play clock similar to college. Starts as soon as run ends ( in bounds or out of bounds) , incomplete pass, first downs. 25 seconds,Any stoppage of play, time out, injury, change of possession, new quarter.

2. Offensive requirements: 5 on line (must meet number requirements 50-79. Must have 4 in backfield to be legal. Yes offense can play with 9 if they meet these requirements.

3. Tripping a runner is now illegal.

4. Horse collar now has added placard section of back of jersey.

5. Illegal kicking and batting, penalty reduced from 15 yds. To10 yds.

6. QB can now spike ball from shotgun, must be an immediate act. (This a NCHSAA rule only, NC is a test site for this rule)

Any announcers out there are going to love the uniform changes in 3 years. Numbers will be visible.

Last edited:
I thought I read somewhere spiking the ball from the shotgun position was legal now
You are correct. This was added about a month ago. It is not a national rule, NCHSAA is a test State.

Fixed it, thanks for pointing out.

Last edited:
I posted this on Ask the Ref, but feel like it gets little or no traffic, so I decided to post again under football boards.

1..40 seconds play clock similar to college. Starts as soon as run ends ( in bounds or out of bounds) , incomplete pass, first downs. 25 seconds,Any stoppage of play, time out, injury, change of possession, new quarter.

2. Offensive requirements: 5 on line (must meet number requirements 50-79. Must have 4 in backfield to be legal. Yes offense can play with 9 if they meet these requirements.

3. Tripping a runner is now illegal.

4. Horse collar now has added placard section of back of jersey.

5. Illegal kicking and batting, penalty reduced from 15 yds. To10 yds.

6. QB can now spike ball from shotgun, must be an immediate act. (This a NCHSAA rule only, NC is a test site for this rule)

Any announcers out there are going to love the uniform changes in 3 years. Numbers will be visible.
The uniform changes will be clutch. I was calling a game last season, and announcing in the moment over the PA system with the crowd waiting the hear the number and you can’t see it is terrible.

Reactions: PrepFanNC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT