ADVERTISEMENT

2A 2019-2020 2A Boys Early Season Predictions

This is the weakest the conference has ever been other than heritage there’s no good team.

I still think Mitchell and Madison can put a good team on the court, and possibly Owen. Not sure what Avery and Polk have coming up but some of the football transfers I would expect play basketball as well.

The 96 Madison basketball team is the best whc men’s team I’ve ever seen.
Very good team but I’ve watched a lot and still think that the mid 80’s team at heritage has to be best I have seen, Steven Ray, Mike and Blue Young, Sam Deyton and Jay Morgan, they were filthy

Last edited:
Reactions: Mhsneer
I also disagree with discussion about Hank and anybody could coach this heritage team. While they are great kids, it can be tough to mesh together that much talent and keep them happy. And then throw in parents, fans etc’s expectations, it can be tough. And for whoever said he cost them the Shelby game last year, thought he and his staff were spot on, slowed the game down by running a 1-3-1 and we never really let them get out and push the ball all night. Took a last second shot for them to beat us.

Reactions: golden one
Redo the preseason-returning players. I want see a couple of coaches added their stats..
Here is a list of early season boys teams to watch on the West-East 2A this season:
2A West
Mountain Heritage is loaded again on a 21-2 team from last season. South Point returns 9 players from a 15-12 team. Newton-Conover returns 10 players from last years 16-12 team. Lexington was one of the best young teams last season and return 7 players from a 18-10 team. Other teams you should never count out: Shelby, East Lincoln, Forest Hills, and West Stokes. All are successful year in and year out and have fantastic coaches on the sidelines.

2A East
Kinston has 9 players returning from a 24-7 team. Farmville Central was very young last season and still won the state championship although they may have lost a few players to transfer. Randleman returns 8 players from a 19-8 team. Reidsville returns 8 players from a 20-10 team. Southwest Edgecome returns 7 players from a 15-14 team and Vance County returns 8 players from a 24-6 team.

Below is a breakdown of the top 20 West-East 2018-2019 records, the number of players returning, and the number of points returning. All data was compiled from Maxpreps statistics. I have also included last seasons preseason chart to show how experience and number of points do not always lead to high finishes but it is a general indicator as you can see. The top number is where they were preseason and the second number is where they finished postseason.

What does everyone else think? Have you seen any of the teams on the list play this summer and how good to you think they are?

2019-2020 West-East Preseason Top 20

2018-2019 West-East Preseason Top 20

With ex Cox Mill coach at the helm. Watch out for Mt Pleasant??
Last I checked there are no ACC or DI players walking through the door at Mt. Pleasant. He was blessed with talent at CM...but their weak schedule may help out at the beginning of the year.
Still think Heritage makes a run at it when all said and done. Hank is a fine coach and will have them prepared as he is a seasoned coach.

Good info Ram King. Mtn. Heritage loses 1 player on a 21-2 team and does not even get mentioned. Guess that’s why they play the games. Pretty funny.

Laney is Top 5 in state and not even mentioned in the East...Joke...Mt. Heritage is Top 10 in West regardless of class....JOKE....

Forest Hills has destroyed everyone they've played. Other than the first game of the year not one team has been competitive against FH. Parkwood kept it close in their first meeting but the second meeting was a 30 point blowout. Definitely could make another run to the title game this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT