ADVERTISEMENT

1st Week games of interest in 4A

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
Here would be my 1st week games of interest in 4A. What would be yours.

8/22 Providence Day vs Weddington
8/23 Butler vs Rolesville
8/23 AC Reynolds vs West Forsyth
8/23 Hough vs Northwestern
8/24 Mallard Creek vs Prince Avenue Christian

Last year that was a good game. JM Robinson won 48-41 over HR. I actually was going to post that game but I decided not to. But definitely be good one to see I believe.
The score from last year is what made me pick this one. I’ve heard HR is better, not sure about JMR though. I know they lost their QB to graduation.

The score from last year is what made me pick this one. I’ve heard HR is better, not sure about JMR though. I know they lost their QB to graduation.
The QB wasn’t the biggest loss for JMR in my opinion. Big D’Nas White the 3-4 star DT, 4 Star 6-3 225 LB Braylon Baker and Canales on the OL were bigger losses. Baker made almost EVERY tackle for them. They got Hudson from HR at LB though this off season and a few other pieces.

Last edited:
The QB wasn’t the biggest loss for JMR in my opinion. Big D’Nas White the 3-4 star DT, 4 Star 6-3 225 LB Braylon Baker and Canaletto on the OL were bigger losses. Baker made almost EVERY tackle for them. They got Hudson from HR at LB though this off season and a few other pieces.

I think you could single handedly keep us up to date with the portal of hs football

As we seen things transpired the Providence Day vs Weddington game would be my top 1st game of the list to see.

I know Grimsley is really good but watch out for healthy Mt. Tabor Aug 23rd.... For the last decade, Mt Tabor has struggled with depth late in the year and in the playoffs except for maybe last year but they will be at full strength for Grimsley and that offense is super nice. I think this game is flying under the radar.

Look for Mt Tabor's solid 4 star athletes Ja'Don Blair and Snook Peterkin to play both ways as WR & DB/Safety to counter the strong Grimsley passing game. ...Now, I see Grimsley the rushing game with Mitchell Summers as a huge difference....He's a great back...QB Faison will only add to a superb running game.

Last edited:
Just a reminder, according to MaxPreps, the Weddington-Providence Day game is at 8 PM at Bank of America Stadium. Would hate for anyone to show up at Providence Day, or at Weddington, expecting to see the game.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Just a reminder, according to MaxPreps, the Weddington-Providence Day game is at 8 PM at Bank of America Stadium. Would hate for anyone to show up at Providence Day, or at Weddington, expecting to see the game.
Anyone that wanted to could catch 3 Varsity games in same week. Weddington-PD game on the 22 and then whoever they wanted to see on Friday on the 23, then the Mallard Creek-Prince Avenue Christian game on 24. That game will be at 4pm on Saturday.

Last edited:
Reactions: Straight Scope
I rea
I know Grimsley is really good but watch out for healthy Mt. Tabor Aug 23rd.... For the last decade, Mt Tabor has struggled with depth late in the year and in the playoffs except for maybe last year but they will be at full strength for Grimsley and that offense is super nice. I think this game is flying under the radar.

Look for Mt Tabor's solid 4 star athletes Ja'Don Blair and Snook Peterkin to play both ways as WR & DB/Safety to counter the strong Grimsley passing game. ...Now, I see Grimsley the rushing game with Mitchell Summers as a huge difference....He's a great back...QB Faison will only add to a superb running game.
I really wish I could attend this game... My son wants to see his High School play... So I have to put him 1st...

They lost to 71st last year 41-13 and went 5-6. Now they're going to beat 71st this year who returns a lot, who went 15-1?????

That sounds logical! Yes! Richmond should be the favorite. 😂 😂 😂

I agree with you. But at the end of the day the game has to be decided on the field.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT