ADVERTISEMENT

1AA West Playoff Projections

ES_Cards

Oct 2, 2015
1) West Montgomery(Conf. Champions 10-0)
16) South Robeson (WC 2-8)
8)East Montgomery (#2 9-1)
9)Mt. Airy (#2 8-2)
5) East Wilkes (Conf Champion Share 9-1)
12)Walkertown (#3 5-5)
4) Whiteville (9-1 Conf Champion)
13) North Moore (WC 6-4)

3) Pine Lake Prep (Conf. Champion 10-0)
14) Starmount (WC 6-4)
6)Granville Central (Conf Champion 8-2)
11) North Stanly (#3 8-2)
7)Mitchell (Top 1A Seed in Split Conf 9-1)
10) Swain (#2 7-3)
2) East Surry(Conf. Champions 10-0)
15) Bessemer City (WC 3-7)

Of Course all of this is subject to change the last two weeks of the season but I tried to project how it would end and we all know that things will change. It will be interesting to see who the State throws from the East to the West to finish the bracket. As you can see the top three seeds could be anywhere from 1-3 and 13-14 could switch spots as well. All conference Champions are in BOLD. Mitchell will be seeded at the #1 out of the split conference but be seeded below all conference champions due to not winning the conference outright and winning the draw for the top seed. Mitchell could be as high as #5 or as low as #7 depending on the next weeks and if a draw is needed. Avery more than likely had a chance of the playoffs slip through their fingers with their loss to Madison last week. Thought it would be fun and generate some good discussion. Good luck to all teams as you finish this last two weeks and here is to a healthy and successful playoff season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tigertown_a_Rick
if this holds up, you're looking at some very good round 2 games.....especially than #2 vs 7/10 winner

I agree bareman. Problem is a lot can and will change over the next two weeks. Game results, coin flips, ADM's, and who get's pulled from the East into the West will change things around. One thing is for sure though, whomever comes out of the West this year will be no cupcake as there are a lot of solid teams. Good luck to your Bears Friday night at Walkertown!

If EW finishes 9-1 and Granville 8-2, EW will still be seeded above them. They will be treated just like a conference champion tie or no tie I'm pretty sure. Esp since they would tie with 1 or 2 2A schools.

I deleted that post front of the line. I went back and read the first post and it answered the question. Sorry about that.

East Montgomery will be 9 - 1 most likely, maybe 10 - 0. Not sure if that would change anything but they are 9-1 overall 7-0 in conference. Have West Montgomery in 2 weeks. If they drop 1 game, you know.

East Montgomery will be 9 - 1 most likely, maybe 10 - 0. Not sure if that would change anything but they are 9-1 overall 7-0 in conference. Have West Montgomery in 2 weeks. If they drop 1 game, you know.

I fixed their record to 9-1 but it doesn't change their place. I have them being the highest #2 seed in the bracket.

With the way Swain responds come playoff time. I would not pick against them at this time. Would hope Mitchell could get past them in round 1, but said it earlier I wont pick against Swain until they are out.

1) West Montgomery(Conf. Champions 10-0)
16) South Robeson (WC 2-8)
8)East Montgomery (#2 9-1)
9)Mt. Airy (#2 8-2)
5) East Wilkes (Conf Champion Share 9-1)
12)Walkertown (#3 5-5)
4) Whiteville (9-1 Conf Champion)
13) North Moore (WC 6-4)

3) Pine Lake Prep (Conf. Champion 10-0)
14) Starmount (WC 6-4)
6)Granville Central (Conf Champion 8-2)
11) North Stanly (#3 8-2)
7)Mitchell (Top 1A Seed in Split Conf 9-1)
10) Swain (#2 7-3)
2) East Surry(Conf. Champions 10-0)
15) Bessemer City (WC 3-7)

Of Course all of this is subject to change the last two weeks of the season but I tried to project how it would end and we all know that things will change. It will be interesting to see who the State throws from the East to the West to finish the bracket. As you can see the top three seeds could be anywhere from 1-3 and 13-14 could switch spots as well. All conference Champions are in BOLD. Mitchell will be seeded at the #1 out of the split conference but be seeded below all conference champions due to not winning the conference outright and winning the draw for the top seed. Mitchell could be as high as #5 or as low as #7 depending on the next weeks and if a draw is needed. Avery more than likely had a chance of the playoffs slip through their fingers with their loss to Madison last week. Thought it would be fun and generate some good discussion. Good luck to all teams as you finish this last two weeks and here is to a healthy and successful playoff season.

Great job, but do you think South Robeson will qualify?

I think they've only won 1 game, and still have both Whiteville and Red Springs to play to get to 2 wins?

That is a good question Tiger. It will be a long shot but looking at the teams that they sent west last year I went ahead and threw them in there because I don't know who else the state may throw west if they don't qualify. I am sure ADM's may have some baring on things as well. I hate the fact that the state has to bring potentially three or four teams from the east into the west to complete our bracket. Wish we had enough to truly have all western teams! Good luck to your Tigers this week and next!!

Reactions: Tigertown_a_Rick
That is a good question Tiger. It will be a long shot but looking at the teams that they sent west last year I went ahead and threw them in there because I don't know who else the state may throw west if they don't qualify. I am sure ADM's may have some baring on things as well. I hate the fact that the state has to bring potentially three or four teams from the east into the west to complete our bracket. Wish we had enough to truly have all western teams! Good luck to your Tigers this week and next!!

West Columbus made the move to the West last year, and that may be the case again this year as they have 2 wins thus far with a chance for a 3rd in the season finale against East Columbus, but the Vikings played in the 1A West Bracket, and not the 1AA?

Agree that it will be interesting to see how it all shakes out once the ADM#'s are released...Again great job of putting together the bracket, and good luck to your Cardinals for the rest of the season...

Roar Tigers Roar!

Reactions: ES_Cards
Just saw where the state finals are in Winston this year. Sure will make it a lot closer for who ever comes out of the West.

And it is really no advantage whatsoever. We drove 1 and half hours and JK drove 4 hours in 2013 and they still annihilated us. A short yet very painful ride home.

Reactions: Buzzard15
The only advantage I see is the # of fans that will be able to make it for the west teams. Take for example either of the East (Surry or Wilkes) schools, then fans from other teams in Surry, Yadkin and Wilkes would come to watch the game because of the closeness each team feels. Much easier for those fans to make a normal trip to Winston than to Raleigh or Chapel Hill. Of course if it is your team that makes it, it does not matter where they play, you will be there if at all possible.

The West is loaded this year and I believe they will give WRH or JK all they want.

Its good to have hope, but until a team from the west can keep it close, the gap is still pretty sizeable. The game was not really as close as the score indicated last year and Wallace won by 2 td's. Maybe this year will be different. But, I will believe it when I see it. Just being realistic. The fact that the West has more undefeated teams does not mean the west is any stronger.

Hey Fanatic! Of the three venues, Wake Forest is my favorite. Not as big as the other two but just a beautiful football stadium and atmosphere. Of course the one and a half hour drive from Charlotte makes it extra nice.

I haven't seen too much on here about the far western teams but don't write off the SMC just yet. The injury bug landed dead in the middle of the SMC early in the season and took up residence. Every team has been affected to some degree, especially the Maroon Devils. Coach Blankenship and crew seem to have gotten things back on track for the stretch run and I believe the Devils and your Warriors just might see each other again in a few weeks.

Hey Diablo, I have no doubt that the west will be competitive with the west. I just don't know that the west will be competitive with the James Kenan's and Wallace Rose Hill's of the world. Whoever it is from the west that wins the right to play them of course.

I remember in 2001 Swain County laid the beat down on highly favored #1 Williamston for a state championship. I'm not counting out the West this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT