MAY 28 CHERRYVILLE 6 UNION ACADEMY 5
CHERRYVILLE WINS SERIES 2-1

EAST
MAY 24 AT PERQUIMANS 6 BEAR GRASS 1
MAY 28 AT BEAR GRASS 3 PERQUIMANS 7
PERQUIMANS WINS SERIES 2-0

Last edited:
Reactions: Maiden Creek
I listened to the broadcast. That was some kind of game. Cherryville was up early 3-1; Then UA came back with four runs to take a 5-3 lead; The Ironmen scored three in the sixth and held on for the win. Both teams had a pretty big following according to the commentator.

Cherryville plays Perquimans somewhere next Friday. Looking forward to hearing how Perquimans gets pronounced by friends from over there (Cherryville). Already, I heard it called Persimmons and Perkimmins. At the end of the broadcast the announcer said we have someone who is going to pronounce it for us. Whomever it was got on the radio and told how to say it.

According to Siri it is in Hertford, NC (Home of the great Jim Catfish Hunter), which means they know something about baseball, too. It is 345 miles from Cherryville. Perquimans is 29-1 with fourteen shutouts, ten of those were consecutive. They've had six runs scored on them in six playoff games with three of the six being scored in the last game against Bear Grass Charter.
The Ironmen are 21-10. They've had five shutouts and earlier in the season four of their ten losses were to two teams namely Burns and East Gaston. Best of luck to the Ironmen as they will need it but I got a feeling they'll give it their best.

*Side note: The Randleman Tigers who won the western regional has not been score on in either of their playoff games. Their first round victim was my Lincolnton Wolves who were beaten by them 15-0.

I listened to the broadcast. That was some kind of game. Cherryville was up early 3-1; Then UA came back with four runs to take a 5-3 lead; The Ironmen scored three in the sixth and held on for the win. Both teams had a pretty big following according to the commentator.

Cherryville plays Perquimans somewhere next Friday. Looking forward to hearing how Perquimans gets pronounced by friends from over there (Cherryville). Already, I heard it called Persimmons and Perkimmins. At the end of the broadcast the announcer said we have someone who is going to pronounce it for us. Whomever it was got on the radio and told how to say it.

According to Siri it is in Hertford, NC (Home of the great Jim Catfish Hunter), which means they know something about baseball, too. It is 345 miles from Cherryville. Perquimans is 29-1 with fourteen shutouts, ten of those were consecutive. They've had six runs scored on them in six playoff games with three of the six being scored in the last game against Bear Grass Charter.
The Ironmen are 21-10. They've had five shutouts and earlier in the season four of their ten losses were to two teams namely Burns and East Gaston. Best of luck to the Ironmen as they will need it but I got a feeling they'll give it their best.

*Side note: The Randleman Tigers who won the western regional has not been score on in either of their playoff games. Their first round victim was my Lincolnton Wolves who were beaten by them 15-0.
My eldest….called ‘em…“Perk won’t win”…😂😂

Let’s go! Churvyl!

Man, don’t be giving shout outs to orange/blue team sir!
Geesh…
Otherwise always good to see you post..

Glad to see an all public 1A final.

But the Charter schools are still a problem.

It took historically strong programs to get rid of the charters.

Orange & Blue team just reloads. I'd be interested to see how good they'd be if they had to play with all kids that are zoned for them. Wonder if it is any fun for them anymore. Playing 2A with a stacked squad.

I’ll be careful about the shoutouts my friend. We’ll both pull for Whiteville.
I did wonder though if that Eastern Randolph team you played on had Randleman players, too.
When I think of the boys of summer I think about the area you live in. Besides that is the area The Chatham Rabbits are from. They had the player who hit the ball out of sight off of my uncle when he was pitching for Central Prison, uh, I meant he was pitching for that gated community in Raleigh.

MC, they might give your son the key to the city and make bumper stickers with that on it. 🤠

I’ll be careful about the shoutouts my friend. We’ll both pull for Whiteville.
I did wonder though if that Eastern Randolph team you played on had Randleman players, too.
When I think of the boys of summer I think about the area you live in. Besides that is the area The Chatham Rabbits are from. They had the player who hit the ball out of sight off of my uncle when he was pitching for Central Prison, uh, I meant he was pitching for that gated community in Raleigh.

MC, they might give your son the key to the city and make bumper stickers with that on it. 🤠
No sir. Orange/blue players played at Asheboro Post 45 on legion back then and still do (if they live in the area 😂). Sorry couldn’t help myself.
That eons ago Legion team you are referencing from ER was primarily our HS team with a couple of players from Southern Alamance and two I believe from Southeast Guilford. Heck Chatham county had their own team then led by Greg Harris who ended up pitching for the Padres.
In short no sir orange/blue has never mixed well with green/gold 😂

Thank you, my friend. Randolph County is such a large county in land area it's hard to keep the locations of towns straight, without looking. I know Trinity is northwest (Thomasville area); Ramseur (Home of TheKidd12) is far east and Liberty is north.
After I looked Randleman was north. For some reason I had it pictured on the south side near Seagrove (Home of Louis Baldwin). Randolph County is quite a bit larger in land area than both Lincoln and Gaston counties combined.

My eldest….called ‘em…“Perk won’t win”…😂😂

Let’s go! Churvyl!
MC, I noticed you used the local pronunciation of Cherryville which around here is pronounced Churvl. If someone says it like it's spelled they know they're not from there and they immediately get suspicious... Now, consider this: if you have Siri (That woman's voice on iphones), ask her what the distance is from your town to Cherryville. Siri sometimes calls Cherryville "Churvl". I just wonder how they pulled that off. Maybe she's from there.

Last edited:
  • Haha
TICKET-ONLINE ONLY GoFAN.COM

Friday only $8 (no re-entry)
Saturday only $12(will also be given a wristband to re-enter)
Children 5 and under admitted free
Tickets are non-refundable
TARHEEL SENIOR CARDS will be accepted(Not Gold Cards)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT