ADVERTISEMENT

****#18 Franklin 7 @ #15 W Rowan 35 final Rd1****

BiltmoreCANE

Jan 7, 2002
Panthers travel to Mt. Ulla to take on the Falcons. Need info on the Falcons, their record passes the eye test. This isn't the best Panthers team. Panthers run the ball fairly well and can pass a bit. D can play the run okay but is very susceptible to a good passing attack. I'm assuming West will be a heavy favorite in the game.

I have seen them twice this year, was not impressed with them. They play in a very weak conference. Not saying their bad but they are not that good.

they couldn’t move the ball the two times I seen them.

Reactions: BiltmoreCANE
West Rowan started out strong by beating Salisbury and Davie Co. Lost to Mooresville by 3 TDs. Then about mid season they seem to not do as good as I anticipated. Makes me wonder if they were dealing possibly with injuries. Then last part of the season they started playing more like the start of the season. As for Franklin I don’t know anything about them. So I’m just going to see how this game turns out.

Reactions: BiltmoreCANE
Not a big guy transitive property guy but hey, it's the playoffs and I have nothing else:

West Rowan beat Concord by 7.
Ashbrook beat Concord by 24.
TC Roberson beat Ashbrook by by 12.
Franklin beat TC Roberson by 21.

I would say Franklin has more than a decent chance to go win this game if the matchup is favorable.

Tough loss for the Panthers. Had several opportunities to score but were thwarted by TO’s. Bottom line was the Falcons were more physical up front. See y’all next year!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT