ADVERTISEMENT

#10 W.S.P.(5-6) At #2 Robbinsville(9-2)

That's a long ride from Winston-Salem. I can't remember...do you turn to go to Robbinsville before the Nantahala Gorge. I haven't been up to Murphy since the 2002 state football game and state playoff basketball game in 2003. Beautiful scenary through the Gorge.

That's a long ride from Winston-Salem. I can't remember...do you turn to go to Robbinsville before the Nantahala Gorge. I haven't been up to Murphy since the 2002 state football game and state playoff basketball game in 2003. Beautiful scenary through the Gorge.
You can go through the gorge Deana or through fontana it is longer that way. I recommend the gorge.

You can go through the gorge Deana or through fontana it is longer that way. I recommend the gorge.
Train you are correct that you can go through the gorge (Hwy 19) and turn right on Hwy 129 to get to Robbinsville (about 35-40 minutes from the hwy 19 - hwy 28 intersection) - however you don't have to go through Fontana if you make the turn before the gorge (Hwy 28). There is a road, off of Hwy 28, that goes across a mountain and directly into Robbinsville (Hwy 143). It is only about a 20 minute drive after you turn onto Hwy 28 into Rville if you go that way.

Dont go through the gorge unless your just wanting to see it. And dont go to Fontana unless your wanting to see it.

She was talking about beautiful scenery that is why I said the gorge. I forgot about 143 only been that way once thanks guys.

The gorge is nice but its a bad ride. You will be stuck behind someone from florida or GA going 25 miles below the speed limit and scared to death. Even worse you might get behind someone from Winston Salem. lol.

Reactions: mbdfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT