ADVERTISEMENT

YVC coach of the year.

4yds-cloud-dust

Sep 2, 2015
This year coach of the year has to be NS coach Scott Crisco. No one except NS fans and Chris Hughes gave them hope of winning conference. He has his team playing on a different level.

Crisco has done more with less Gaster and Eddies pulled from talent rich community. West Mont and North Rowan is loaded with Atheltic players Just saying

Reactions: NSCometFan1975
I think he will win Coach of the year..I remember when this team was in middle school they won the conference championship 2 years in a row and now the middle school is doing the same thing now..So hopefully North will be good for awhile!!!..Go Comets Gooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Very seldom does the team that wins the conference does the coach also win coach of the year honors.It normally goes to the coach who does the most with the least and if that’s the case North’s coach will not win. I’m not saying he doesn’t deserve the award but I would be surprised if he wins it.

Reactions: sway1532
Crisco has done more with less, Gaster and Eddies pulled from talent rich community

Kids from Albemarle went to play at NS also, so I could say the same. Congrats on beating NR (in which they choke in every big game), and NS coach definitely deserves some recognition.

But stop reaching...

Very seldom does the team that wins the conference does the coach also win coach of the year honors.It normally goes to the coach who does the most with the least and if that’s the case North’s coach will not win. I’m not saying he doesn’t deserve the award but I would be surprised if he wins it.

Right. North Stanly is loaded from top to bottom

Kids from Albemarle went to play at NS also, so I could say the same. Congrats on beating NR (in which they choke in every big game), and NS coach definitely deserves some recognition.

But stop reaching...

You are totally wrong.
There is zero players from Albe on the North Stanly team this season

Please I beg for that answer. No one is the answer. But Sway I understand the perception that most would think that. I have heard others say the same thing bout kids coming from other schools to North. But not true. Now I'm hearing kid after kid wants to transfer from other schools to North. Because North coaches are getting colleges to notice our players and making them Great students. But we all know that usually doesn't happen because all the work involved in moving families But I'm proud of that coaching staff and players.

Ralph Jackson should get a lot of credit for changing the culture. The coach before him treated everybody like an idiot. That’s one reason why Albemarle struggled so bad last year. Same coach.

Reactions: 4yds-cloud-dust
Ralph did help some. He had lots of people in his corner doing work to make the culture what it is today. I will give Ralph some credit but not a lot. Wasn't until he left that the kids started playing football. The community has decided they want football plain and simple. The kids are coming out almost 2 to 1 now since Crisco is coach. Ralph is a good person and coach though

Reactions: atucker2
I was curious at this as well. So there are no Albemarle players on North? That is very surprising. Either way congrats on the win by North Stanly, and yes, a good coach can make a huge difference. Apparently yours is better than good.

It matters to me or I would not have asked. Just for curiosity sakes because I was interested in if that did indeed help because of all the turmoil for a few years. And Dear God please, I have no dog in the fight, but I read for years about how Albemarle had players supposedly coming in. So spare me. And I did congratulate them. They can win the state title for all I care. I would be there pulling for them

But congrats to NS on a great season and especially Merritt on finally getting his opportunity and doing a great job. Amazing that young man has been waiting and doing very well and never really had a shot until this year.

Thanks Guys. I as a fan appreciate that. But last season North had one player transfer in from Albe HS that had played for them. Another kid played freshman year for them and decided to play his senior year for us. But he had been at North for a year or 2 before deciding to play Most folks not close to program would think that with all the turmoil that went on at Albe kids would come to NS. Truth is the Albe kids and North kids pretty much stay put. In years past when North wasn't great we lost a hand full to Albe. Now those kids stay at home. So I guess its all equal now. If you are Comet most have Pride in that

They still have 2 games to play. Both games are big for the Comets. I Hope the guys stay focused
Roll Comets Roll

Avery Merritt was the starting qb last year..they finally let him throw more this year which is good..that kid has a heck of a arm and uselly puts the ball in front of the receiver which is a good thing

Reactions: 4yds-cloud-dust
But congrats to NS on a great season and especially Merritt on finally getting his opportunity and doing a great job. Amazing that young man has been waiting and doing very well and never really had a shot until this year.

Merrit started last year also. But he really has improved and much of the success comes from that. Love that kid. He looks 6'5". That's a big kid.

North Stanly is playing great football right now...few penalties, superb execution and balance. Criscoe is the coach of the year. If it were based on getting more out of less, then that award would go to the winner of the Albemarle, South Stanly game this week.. Those two are playing for 4th place when neither program was expected to win many this season. North does have a few that play who lived in the traditionally Albemarle HS district when they were in middle school. My understanding is that the county has ended the open departure rule that was put in place a few years ago. Many good athletes left the traditional city district while the adults played politics. With kids not leaving now, Albemarle will continue to get better. SS has a sophomore qb who is doing great. NS has a middle school that went undefeated. Stanly County will have some good football to look at in the next few years....and right now...with North Stanly. Congratulations on the big win Friday. You man-handled the North Rowan team and looked like a 4th round team...or better.

As someone stated before the winner of SS - Alb probably should be COY. More with less. But Crisco does have a tough case to beat. At least All-Conference should be loaded with NS players if they win conference like WM has had the luxury of having the last couple years. Entire Defense at least. Reminds me of the D that used to be played down the road in Alb.

Coach at Albemarle.

To take a team that was god awful last year, to a really competitive team.

I think it has to be Albemarle coach, with North Stanly coach second.
You can honestly say the winner between Albemarle and south stanly Friday will goto the playoffs. This is the same team from last year for the most part so for coach Davis to have them in this position is a great accomplishment especially coming in late. I do agree Crisco has North playing at a high level and they deserve the credit they are getting this year. But you have to recognize the job that coach Davis has done in a short period

Reactions: Sleehrat84
Pretty much we know one thing. The Coach of the Year is coming from Stanly County, and honestly you can make a case for all three. Should be fun times ahead once again for Stanly County football fans.

Well West Montgomery is going no where for two or three years. After that you will get your wish

I think Criscoe but its not hands down. Those guys at Albemarle and south have done a good job as well. But Albemarle coach should be the third of the group, imo. The Dogs just have talent always, sorry, just how it is. One of best jobs in the state to have.

Reactions: Sleehrat84
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT