ADVERTISEMENT

Your own Top ten!!

Monroe is the team to beat. What's sad is there might be an early match up with them and Reidsville/Salisbury in the playoffs depending on seedings.
It appears that Max Preps agrees with you! Chopper.
New 2021 2A rankings are posted.

1. Monroe
2. Reidsville
3. East Surry
4. Salisbury
5. Maiden
6. Hendersonville
7. Clinton
8. Shelby
9. St. Paul’s
10. Wallace Rose-Hill
11. R S Central
12. Princeton
13. Burns
14. JM Robinson
15. Wilson Beddingfield
16. Holmes
17. Hertford Co.
18. Northeastern
19. Polk Co.
20. Washington

It appears that Max Preps agrees with you! Chopper.
New 2021 2A rankings are posted.

1. Monroe
2. Reidsville
3. East Surry
4. Salisbury
5. Maiden
6. Hendersonville
7. Clinton
8. Shelby
9. St. Paul’s
10. Wallace Rose-Hill
11. R S Central
12. Princeton
13. Burns
14. JM Robinson
15. Wilson Beddingfield
16. Holmes
17. Hertford Co.
18. Northeastern
19. Polk Co.
20. Washington

East 3rd? Shelby 8th? What knowledge is this based off???

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I wouldn’t look at max preps until after week one. Not sure why it’s this much discussion about it

Reactions: UNC91
East 3rd? Shelby 8th? What knowledge is this based off???
The only reason ES is in the top 10 is because of last year and the returning of Benge Goznell. Now that Benge has left East and returned to Virginia (where he should have been last year) East will come back down to earth.

Reactions: UNC91
Salisbury wasn’t overly impressive in their scrimmage.
Nobody is supposed to be impressive in a scrimmage. It’s not about winning but about putting new players in the right position, seeing who can help you on Friday nights, and making sure everyone knows to the plays in game situation. Reidsville always look Terrible in scrimmages.

Last edited:
The only reason ES is in the top 10 is because of last year and the returning of Benge Goznell. Now that Benge has left East and returned to Virginia (where he should have been last year) East will come back down to earth.

Goznell wasn't going to do anything by himself, hence why he left. East had no talent from what I'm hearing. Average at best top 75 in 2a maybe

• Haha
Reactions: tarheel fan1
Goznell wasn't going to do anything by himself, hence why he left. East had no talent from what I'm hearing. Average at best top 75 in 2a maybe
I am sure that Gosnell went to the powerhouse that is Carroll County Football so he could cash in on the great football team that they field year in and year out.

lol....I guess that's a little sarcasm there...not really familiar with Carroll County FB but I do know that Galax usually does pretty well for a small mountain school..............btw for those that don't know both are in SW Virginia...just north to nw of Surry County, N.C.................

lol....I guess that's a little sarcasm there...not really familiar with Carroll County FB but I do know that Galax usually does pretty well for a small mountain school..............btw for those that don't know both are in SW Virginia...just north to nw of Surry County, N.C.................
You caught the sarcasm. Of course he did not have a choice. I was just proving that he probably did not leave East because they lacked talent.

There's no more subdivision, as I mentioned before the cluster of high caliber teams are in the same arena now and not very far from each other. There's too many of them not to have an early round match up.
I just think Reidsville and Monroe will be seeded too high to meet in the second round. But who knows

Eastern Alamance will be one of the best 3A teams in the state and should be a solid favorite at home when they play Reidsville.
Hey! Mule….hoping you and yours are well!
Yep….I love an aggressive non-conference schedule and I thinks it’s worth the risk of losing a game or two. I could envision a team like Shelby with a couple of losses, due to their brutal schedule, possibly playing Monroe or Reidsville in the 2nd round.
I’m betting there’s a “humdinger” in one of those (8) second round games.

I just think Reidsville and Monroe will be seeded too high to meet in the second round. But who knows

I think iti's possible depending on if they lose a game or 2 and outside influences.

It's not just those two. I think Shelby, Burns, and Salisbury are capable of sending Reidsville or Monroe home early.

I suspect Chase, Maiden, Hendersonville, and RS Central can send anyone home if they slip up for one quarter.

Good teams will go home early this Fall. No second half vacations in the early arounds anymore.

I think iti's possible depending on if they lose a game or 2 and outside influences.

It's not just those two. I think Shelby, Burns, and Salisbury are capable of sending Reidsville or Monroe home early.

I suspect Chase, Maiden, Hendersonville, and RS Central can send anyone home if they slip up for one quarter.

Good teams will go home early this Fall. No second half vacations in the early arounds anymore.
Oh I think there’s a good 8 or 9 teams good enough to win it. 2A is brutal

Hey! Mule….hoping you and yours are well!
Yep….I love an aggressive non-conference schedule and I thinks it’s worth the risk of losing a game or two. I could envision a team like Shelby with a couple of losses, due to their brutal schedule, possibly playing Monroe or Reidsville in the 2nd round.
I’m betting there’s a “humdinger” in one of those (8) second round games.
Playoffs will be different and, in my opinion, much much more competitive in early rounds. Going to be a fun year.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Max Preps 2a

1. Reidsville vs Page
2. Monroe vs Piedmont
3. East Surry vs Mt. Airy
4. Salisbury @ Polk County
5. Maiden vs Watauga
6. Shelby @ AC Reynolds
7. Hendersonville vs West Henderson
8. Clinton Open
9. Wallace Rose. Open
10. Washington vs First Flight
11. Burns. vs Crest
12. St Paul’s vs Fayetteville Westover
13. Polk County. vs Salisbury
14. Princeton. @ East Duplin
15. Mt Pleasant. vs Carson

Some really good games this week in 2a!…

I’m hating that Clinton-WRH is canceled!

Max Preps 2a

1. Reidsville vs Page
2. Monroe vs Piedmont
5. Maiden vs Watauga
6. Shelby @ AC Reynolds
8. Clinton Open
9. Wallace Rose. Open
11. Burns. vs Crest

Yea it sucks was really looking forward to it. Had all the makings of anothwr instand classic between the two. Hopefully well meet down the road in the playoffs

Max Preps 2a

1. Reidsville vs Page
2. Monroe vs Piedmont
5. Maiden vs Watauga
6. Shelby @ AC Reynolds
8. Clinton Open
9. Wallace Rose. Open
11. Burns. vs Crest

Us too!
Reidsville was scheduled to play Rockingham County 0n 9-3-21 (cancelled because of covid issue at RC).....let's get WRH and Reidsville together again.....I would love to travel there since I might head to the beach anyway..............
would be a good matchup; I think WRH is open the 3rd; the dog pound is a experience. if that happens I'll go and sit with you

Max Preps 2a

1. Reidsville vs Page
2. Monroe vs Piedmont
5. Maiden vs Watauga
6. Shelby @ AC Reynolds
8. Clinton Open
9. Wallace Rose. Open
11. Burns. vs Crest

tell us! We hate it too! Most exciting game on our schedule.🙁

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT