ADVERTISEMENT

WMAC Week 1

Reynoldsrocks2

Sep 18, 2015
Well I thought one of the Erwin guys would start this up like they usually do, but they appear to be really silent this year, so I guess I'll start it up. Lets hear your picks.....

East Forsyth @ AC Reynolds
Franklin @ Asheville
Enka @ Rosman
Mitchell @ Erwin
Patton @ North Buncombe
North Henderson @ Hendersonville
TC Roberson @ Watauga
East Rutherford @ West Henderson

Tuscola is preparing for their trip to TN next week.

Here are my picks.....

East Forsyth (I have to be real here, but I pray I'm wrong)
Asheville
Enka
Erwin
Patton
Hendersonville
Watauga
West Henderson

East Forsyth ( I too hope I am wrong but ACR is still trying to find their way )
Asheville ( Too much speed for Franklin )
Enka ( Somebody has to win )
Mitchell ( My upset special )
Patton ( Don't know much about Patton but I know enough about NB )
H'ville ( Same as above, just insert different teams )
Watauga ( TC will look great getting off the bus but you have to play the game )
W. Henderson ( I think West is going to be much better this year )

I don’t think it’s an upset if Mitchell beats Erwin. Not a lot of buzz in west Asheville, we’ll see how the coaching changes work out.

East Forsyth 24 AC Reynolds17
Asheville 35 Franklin 7
Enka 42 Rosman 7
Mitchell 28 Erwin 21
Patton 35 North Buncombe 7
Hendersonville 42 North Henderson 14
Watauga 35 TC Roberson 28
West Henderson 42 East Rutherford 14

E.F. over ACR
Asheville over Franklin
Enka over Rosman
Mitchell over Erwin
NB over Patton
Hendo. over NH
Watauga over TCR
West over ER

East Forsyth over Reynolds
Asheville over Franklin
Enka over Rosman
Erwin over Mitchell
North Buncombe over Patton
Hendersonville over North
Watauga over TC
East Rutheford over West

East Forsyth over Reynolds
Asheville over Franklin
Enka over Rosman
Erwin over Mitchell
North Buncombe over Patton
Hendersonville over North
Watauga over TC
East Rutheford over West

Rosman enka no idea
Mitchell over Erwin because they return so many starters off a good team
North buncombe and Patton no idea
Hendersonville by 40 over north Henderson
Watauga by a lot over Roberson even though Roberson always looks like a D1 college football team.
East Forsyth by 17 over Reynolds if east Forsyth is really a top 5 in all of Nc team.
Ashevilles defense likely won’t be able to hold bethel middle school under 21 points, but I think we outscore them by 14. Famous better get used to seeing double to triple teams all year

hope every team has a healthy start to the season rockets 31 e forsyth 21 erwin 21 mitchell 17 hendersonville 37 n henderson 7 cougars 35 franklin 31 patton 7 n buncombe 6 wautauga 24 tc 21 enka 10 rosman 7 west henderson 24 e rutherford 17

Pasley a man amongst boys. I’d be shocked if every team on the schedule doesn’t triple team him the rest of the year. 4 tds so far in first half

West drops 56 on ER and wins by 2TD's. ER was no scrub, they had athletes everywhere and it's easy to see why they won 10 games last year. I like this opening matchup for West preparing for Hendersonville.

Reactions: Reynoldsrocks2
Pasley finished with eight catches for 229 yards and four touchdowns during Asheville High's 34-6 win over Franklin on Friday night.

That was all in the first half

Reactions: Reynoldsrocks2
For some quick team stats for the ACR/East Forsyth game click this link

Http://www.gobiggreen.net

East Forsyth is all that you would expect a 4A champion to be, big, fast, and big again! This team is easily the best team ACR has faced in several years. Yes even better than the Weddington teams we lost to several times. They look the part and played it as well. They did seem to get tired as we ran 77 offensive plays. Our 4 turnovers, and inability to stop the big plays hurt us, EF scores 3 times from 42 yards out of more, now granted one was a pick 6 from 52 years a out. Really thought we played much better then we did against Crest. Guys fought their butts off and never quit. Falling behind 14-0 after two possessions killed us as playing catch-up to EF is very tough. We played them even the last 3 quarters and I believe we can take a lot from that. Next week we get another defending state champion in Shelby, ending our Crest, EF, Shelby stretch to start the year! Hope we can stop the big play next week or we will be playing catch-up again!

Cougars looked much improved from last year. But it’s only first game. Wait and see
Congratulations to all WMAC teams who came away with victories!
i wondering. Definitely not questioning coach laws. But Do y’all guys think jahri should be at QB? play a Rico role he played years ago.

I don’t think playing Jhari at QB would be a great idea just because there isn’t a pass threat at all. jMHO.

EF is a very good team. I was very proud of ACR for not folding after getting down 14-0 early. Like I’ve said before, it’s going to take ACR a little bit of time to find their footing with all the new players this year. We even have a different OC this year. All in all I think we are going to be just fine. I’m not sure ACR will play any teams the rest of regular season as good as EF and Shelby. I saw lots of positive stuff from ACR but we have a lot to fix as well.

Good of luck to EF the rest of the way. They were the better team last night.

I don’t think playing Jhari at QB would be a great idea just because there isn’t a pass threat at all. jMHO.

EF is a very good team. I was very proud of ACR for not folding after getting down 14-0 early. Like I’ve said before, it’s going to take ACR a little bit of time to find their footing with all the new players this year. We even have a different OC this year. All in all I think we are going to be just fine. I’m not sure ACR will play any teams the rest of regular season as good as EF and Shelby. I saw lots of positive stuff from ACR but we have a lot to fix as well.

Good of luck to EF the rest of the way. They were the better team last night.
Most definitely. ACR will be fine. Was just wondering. I know he was QB on JV and back up on varsity.

I know it’s a loss but I’m impressed that Reynolds was able to hang around in the game. Young team that got thrown into the deep end game 1. They may not be Olympic swimmers yet, but they can doggie paddle. As your quarterback grows this Reynolds team will be a tough out come November.

Reactions: GG4BAMA
I know it’s a loss but I’m impressed that Reynolds was able to hang around in the game. Young team that got thrown into the deep end game 1. They may not be Olympic swimmers yet, but they can doggie paddle. As your quarterback grows this Reynolds team will be a tough out come November.

That’s what we are hoping for. Thanks for the kind words.

I’m not saying it couldn’t happen but i don’t think so.
I too thought Jahri would be the starting QB at Reynolds. Jahri is likely the best athlete in wnc, much like Rico dowdle was in 2015. I’m surprised Shane laws hasn’t used him like he did Rico with the same “we want to get the ball in his hands every play” philosophy. I think it’s only a matter of time. Rico wasn’t a threat to throw either and I’d say it worked out ok.

Reactions: Kylar2018
I too thought Jahri would be the starting QB at Reynolds. Jahri is likely the best athlete in wnc, much like Rico dowdle was in 2015. I’m surprised Shane laws hasn’t used him like he did Rico with the same “we want to get the ball in his hands every play” philosophy. I think it’s only a matter of time. Rico wasn’t a threat to throw either and I’d say it worked out ok.

If they do go with a runner at QB they would just stick Carter Lindsey who is a junior there. He is probably the quickest players on the team and has already played qb.

Cougars looked much improved from last year. But it’s only first game. Wait and see

i wondering. Definitely not questioning coach laws. But Do y’all guys think jahri should be at QB? play a Rico role he played years ago.

I don’t see this ever happening except maybe in short yardage situation or something like that. He is our deep receiving threat and with him in the backfield that threat is gone. He’s also not as good a passer as Rico who passed for over 1000 yards when he was QB. Carr and Lindsay both are capable and will switch in and out based on what package we are running. I will say this there isn’t a team we will face in conference or in playoffs as good as EF is so we know we can compete with anyone if we play a clean game.

Reactions: CougarsOfAHS
Has North Buncombe
ever put 60 points on a team before.?
Allen tried to put it on Patton last night. The only time in program history that Patton ever beat Freedom was Allen's last year in Morganton. It was bitter sweet. We lost to Patton for the first time, but we also lost Allen!

I could be wrong anddd usually am! But, I see NB starting out 3-0 this year and winning the all the games that MHHS-12 listed and maybe, possibly even a 6th game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT