ADVERTISEMENT

Mountain Week 4 Predictions

Titanman27

Sep 4, 2019
Watauga @ AC Reynolds

This is going to be an interesting game. Reynolds is starting to find their groove despite their very tough schedule and get Watauga at home. Watauga is undefeated but hasn't really played anyone that tough yet (TC maybe?)

Reynolds 27
Watauga 21

Erwin @ West Henderson

Erwin has also been struggling this season and it doesn't get any easier this week. West is one of the top teams in WNC and will likely put up a lot of points against a porous Erwin defense.

West Henderson 48
Erwin 20

McDowell @ Avery

It's been a tough season for McDowell as they are winless. They did show signs of life against Tuscola as they were tied at the half. They are also bringing some players up from JV. Avery has also struggled. This is a good chance for McDowell to geta win.

McDowell 28
Avery 21

North Buncombe @ Brevard

Can North go 4-0? This will be their toughest game of the season, Brevard is 1-2 but better than their record suggests. North should win a few more this season but not this week.

Brevard 27
North Buncombe 14

Enka and Roberson- BYE

Last edited:
Reactions: mhhs94
Reynolds-tough to call think it’ll be a great game
DB
WH
McDowell-I think
Brevard

Last edited:
Going to go with my guys this week. It will be a tough game (again), but we have experience with tough games.

I've got Asheville this week, I think they are battled tested also.

West Henderson will make Erwin feel bad about themselves.

I'm going to give McDowell this one. They did show some fight last week scoring 22 against Tuscola.

North Buncombe is back to reality, Brevard wins by 2 TD's

I think Enka and TCR both can handle Open this week. TCR easily, Enka in a nail biter!

I am predicting an Asheville high shut out! Unfortunately both offensive and defensive since it's a bye week.

I am predicting an Asheville high shut out! Unfortunately both offensive and defensive since it's a bye week.
Wow good call, didn’t catch that. I change my pick for them then I say Asheville handles Open easily! 😁

What is the status for the RB of AC Reynolds. How long is he expected to be out? And are there more players out due to injuries.

What is the status for the RB of AC Reynolds. How long is he expected to be out? And are there more players out due to injuries.
I’m thinking our TB will be out a couple more weeks. I don’t have inside info just my thoughts since he was in cast last week. Barring any setbacks I see him playing a few snaps in 3 weeks against Enka, and being ready for the Asheville game. Our LB is out probably 4 or 5 weeks just started eating solid food last week (broken jaw). Hopefully he is back by Erwin although we have open date after Erwin so they may hold him out until TCR. Our OL was in walking boot last week, I’m guessing he is getting close, maybe a couple weeks. One of our backup TB got hurt and didn’t return last week but I don’t know anything more about him. We will be healthy before long God willing.

Watauga beat Reynolds and Roberson by 1
Yeah we scored with 3:40 to go and went for 2 and didn’t get it. We played bad defensively, they moved the ball at will. Our injuries are starting to catch up with us. Neither one of our DE played due to injuries. We had a total of 9 players (6 starters) not play due to injuries. A couple will be back next week, but our TB probably out until TCR game. It’s tough but we are building depth! Offense played well, but we just couldn’t stop them. Hats off to Watauga they deserved this win.

Yeah we scored with 3:40 to go and went for 2 and didn’t get it. We played bad defensively, they moved the ball at will. Our injuries are starting to catch up with us. Neither one of our DE played due to injuries. We had a total of 9 players (6 starters) not play due to injuries. A couple will be back next week, but our TB probably out until TCR game. It’s tough but we are building depth! Offense played well, but we just couldn’t stop them. Hats off to Watauga they deserved this win.
Some will disagree but going for two was the right call imo.

Reactions: Reynoldsrocks2
In all fairness that play had resulted in positive yardage all night. Watauga anticipated and shot the gap is what it looked like to me. The play call on fourth and 5 to the back of the end zone was probably one they want back....but all in all a very entertaining football game

In all fairness that play had resulted in positive yardage all night. Watauga anticipated and shot the gap is what it looked like to me. The play call on fourth and 5 to the back of the end zone was probably one they want back....but all in all a very entertaining football game
Good points, they did send everyone at our TB on that play, they guessed right and deserved the win.

Man poor McDowell, unless they get Enka I don’t know if there’s a win in the cards. I knew AC-Watuga would be a great game. Rockets are definitely battle tested. Hopefully they can get healthy soon. I think fully healthy they handle TC but if the injury bug keeps showing it’s head it could be tough.

Common opponent, similar result. The TCR vs ACR game is shaping up to be very interesting.
Mcdowell.....

Man poor McDowell, unless they get Enka I don’t know if there’s a win in the cards. I knew AC-Watuga would be a great game. Rockets are definitely battle tested. Hopefully they can get healthy soon. I think fully healthy they handle TC but if the injury bug keeps showing it’s head it could be tough.

Yes, we are awful. I saw it coming after losing 5 of our best players to graduation and our best player to transfer. Either way, McDowell should not lose to Avery. Hopefully, Brewer will get some heat for this year but winning at McDowell is not an expectation, more of a nice surprise.

Praying to God we will be healthy by then!
I will say just watching TC in a scrimmage (I know that means very little) but the thing that stood out to me vs normal TC teams of the past is the fact their Defense was very physical. The backers and safeties in particular. The reason I still give the edge to AC is I’m not sold on their offense just yet. They have some athletes and did score once in the scrimmage against Pisgah on a hook and ladder play. To their defense Pisgahs D is not elite but it’s definitely the strength of the team.

I just can’t see them beating Reynolds especially if Reynolds gets healthy, but TC is legit especially on D and I think could make a game of it. Especially if it’s low scoring much like they kept Watuga in. However, part of me still thinks Reynolds schedule being so tough is skewing my outlook on the game and they blow Roberson out

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT