ADVERTISEMENT

WMAC Preview

I like it. We're being overlooked. Sorry Erwin and Asheville. Reynolds going to be much closer than many think. I don't think anyone else will ne within 21 points.

I’m not sure Tuscola is being overlooked so much as the writer of the article is basing a lot of his preseason picks based on history. Tuscola has to prove they can compete with ACR, Asheville, and Erwin, and they very well may do so this year as you say, but typically preseason rankings are past history and last years results combined a little with what’s coming back and what was lost. I personally hope Tuscola is ready to compete because our conference needs good teams and with Tuscola’s deep history it would be great for WNC as well.

I like it. We're being overlooked. Sorry Erwin and Asheville. Reynolds going to be much closer than many think. I don't think anyone else will ne within 21 points.

That's some big aspirations for a team that got housed by the big 3 in the WMAC last year by a combined score of 117-6 with 2 shutouts.

its been a while since the mountaineers gave us a good game. a friend of mine has a son playing at tuscola and he thinks they will be much improved too. good luck to you guys. i still think it will be tough when you play us erwin and asheville though.

Just show up tonight so you know what's coming your way! After this evening, everyone will have a much better understanding of what I have been stating all summer. Let the fun begin!

Non biased opinion here. AC looked average tonight at the Cleveland County Jamboree. Before Crest put their backups in they were down by three scores I believe.

This is going to be an interesting year for ACR. They may struggle early until they can get some things ironed out. For some reason or another ACR doesn’t look good in scrimmages. I don’t know if that is by design or what. You don’t prepare for scrimmages like you do regular season games so I’m not worried about it. I have plenty of faith in the coaching staff and I am sure they will have them ready to do business as usual very soon.

This is going to be an interesting year for ACR. They may struggle early until they can get some things ironed out. For some reason or another ACR doesn’t look good in scrimmages. I don’t know if that is by design or what. You don’t prepare for scrimmages like you do regular season games so I’m not worried about it. I have plenty of faith in the coaching staff and I am sure they will have them ready to do business as usual very soon.

GG4Bama I was shocked who started at QB. I thought he did a good job, and has a good arm, just held onto ball too long a couple times. Everyone and everything I had read and heard had Carter starting. I’m with you overall I was pleased especially since it was our first scrimmage of the year and with a new line basically and new QB I believe all will be business as usual after the first two weeks. Starting week 3 no one on our schedule will be what Crest was. I also liked that we didn’t quit despite getting down early. Our first drive we got to red zone and did well moving the ball down the field. ACR will be just fine, next week will be a tough one though!

Last edited:
Reactions: crest91 and GG4BAMA
I had heard that who started at QB was what they were going to do. He just needs a little time to get acclimated and it puts Carter in his best position. I just don’t think we can read too much into anything based on our one and only scrimmage. I’m excited to get started though.

Agreed that is Carter’s best position, and it gives us a third threat at WR along with Jhari and Don. I also think we will see more offensive sets in the regular season, we ran just our basic plays. Excited to see next week, finally glad football is back!

Reactions: crest91 and GG4BAMA
ACR is and will always be a state power. Like I said on another thread. I never cared for the jamboree. The real game starts on Friday fellas, strap’em on tight, it’s gonna be a wild season

Tuscola got drilled by little ole Robbinsville don’t think they have a shot doing anything in this conf

Different teams have a different mentality when it comes to scrimmages. Some coaches really want to see the first teams go a long time and others want to see the backups in a game style situation. It’s just so hard to tell about a team from a scrimmage.

a friend of mine was at the scrimmage and told me crest was verry good.lots of speed and size. kinda like normal im sure they are goin to be one of the top teams in the state.i hope our quarterback situation works itself out quick. good luck to crest.

i hope our quarterback situation works itself out quick. good luck to crest.

QB play never seemed to be an issue against Crest, he was 12-16 for 128 yards 1 TD and 1 int (in the end zone on first drive). Carter had a nice night at receiver just like last year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT