ADVERTISEMENT

Who ya got?! EGHS vs. WHS

Who ya got?!

• Eastern Guilford

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • Weddington

Votes: 17 45.9%

• Total voters
Tim Carson at Weddington is a defensive genius. Going to be very interesting to see the game plan they have drawn up for the Wildcats

You & I differ on this one Cougs. I think Weddington is good. I think Eastern Guilford is better.

If Weddington has some athletes with speed. They will win. Defensively they will if Weddington can just hit their QB the running one that is ...,they again will be ok. E.G. they no they dodged a bullet. If not for a blown coverage which lead to their 70 yard TD pass different ballgame. They had no answer for Jacksonville speedy athletes in the running game. Got gashed for over 300 yards rushing. It was more of what Jacksonville gave them versus what they did to them. But hey they did what they had to do to win so congratulations. If Weddington is what they say they are..should win.

If Weddington has some athletes with speed. They will win. Defensively they will if Weddington can just hit their QB the running one that is ...,they again will be ok. E.G. they no they dodged a bullet. If not for a blown coverage which lead to their 70 yard TD pass different ballgame. They had no answer for Jacksonville speedy athletes in the running game. Got gashed for over 300 yards rushing. It was more of what Jacksonville gave them versus what they did to them. But hey they did what they had to do to win so congratulations. If Weddington is what they say they are..should win.

Did they blow a coverage on EG's other TD pass? How about the long pass to the right corner (which set up EG's game-winning TD). EG had nothing to do with that one either? I guess J'ville also blocked their own field goal as well. :)

Reactions: L Boog
Right chute.... loose with grace- plays STILL had to be made. Smh. Great game E.G.! Make GUILFORD COUNTY proud!

Speed wise it's no contest, EGs speed is superior by far.......BUT .....Weddinton plays great defense as a unit and are very discipline. Well coached unit.

Reactions: marsgreen
Now you guys are a little ridiculous. You know like I know take away. The couple of passed on yes blown coverage you lose. Now your kids did make the plays when they needed to in order to win and they did just that. But you saw that it was nothing like you thought it would be coming in. I pray to god we see you guys again. Your kid made a excellent play with the fumble. That fumble does not happen I think you know that you probably lose. Because they gashed you all night long and was driving before that turnover. Congratulations to your kids and your coaching staff like I said before. More then likely for the first time all year you guys had athletes who could match yours with speed all over the place like you were not used too. You won...Congratulations! I hope you do bring a title to the east. If y'all use the speed that you do have against Weddington you more then likely will win. If you think your going to just grind it out against those boys you won't.

I also assumed there was blown coverage on that last play (sack fumble) as well right?
Nope great play by the kid who made it. I hope we see you again. A team basically loaded with sophomores took arguably your best team that your school has had to within about 3 minutes to coming from behind on your home field and beating you. Great game by your kids and your coaching staff. Hope to see you guys again.

Weddington is incredibly well coached. They are not athletically impressive, you see them warm up and you're like "we got this", but I don't know if I've ever seen a team tackle better and be in the right spots more than weddington. You have to beat weddington, they don't beat themselves and I wouldn't be surprised to see one of their coaches be offered a collegiate job at some point

Reactions: marsgreen
24-7 Weddington. Coach Carson wins his first state title. Wouldn't be surprised if Cougars prediction about college offers for coaching staff.

Excuses, excuses, excuses! Is that all you got Footballaholic3232. Dang, Jacksonville was and is good. I will give them credit for that. But, they played the game for a reason and Jacksonville lost. Be classy and just give them credit. And don't say EG hasn't seen speed like that all year. They had their hands full twice this year with WA and WA could have easily won the 1st meeting. In the second meeting Christman #10 for WA took a screen pass 78 yards on them in which he out ran the entire defense including #8 who had an angle on him. Jacksonville was extremely fast but EG had seen that speed before. Now EG go bring that trophy home to Guilford County.

well if team speed is the deciding factor weddington will lose. they really dont have any speed offensively or defensively. what they do have is discipline on both sides of the ball.if its a low scoring game i think weddington wins. if its high scoring ill take east guilford. good luck to both teams and lets pray for an injury free game..

Excuses, excuses, excuses! Is that all you got Footballaholic3232. Dang, Jacksonville was and is good. I will give them credit for that. But, they played the game for a reason and Jacksonville lost. Be classy and just give them credit. And don't say EG hasn't seen speed like that all year. They had their hands full twice this year with WA and WA could have easily won the 1st meeting. In the second meeting Christman #10 for WA took a screen pass 78 yards on them in which he out ran the entire defense including #8 who had an angle on him. Jacksonville was extremely fast but EG had seen that speed before. Now EG go bring that trophy home to Guilford County.
Go straight to you know where. Go back and read moron. Where I have said time and time again congratulations to your kids and coaching staff and said that they won and made the plays that they needed to make when they needed to make them. They may have seen it from one player but overall and go back and look even some of your own fans on other boards have said the same. They have not seen overall team speed like they have all year. Who and the hell did you play where the team rushed for over three hundred yards on your defense? Nobody was even close. How many teams you played that had two backs go for over a 100 yards and a 3rd damn near a hundred? None. I will say it again like I have said before congratulations to your kids and coaching staff and like I said before I hope you bring back the trophy for the east. You know as well as I do if not for that fumble they were driving down field at will you were going to lose. That's not a excuse it's a fact. Your kid made a hell of a play and it got you a trip to the state championship game. I pray and hope that the team dominated by 10th grade starters a few juniors and 4 seniors meet you again if the stars align correctly next year.

Go straight to you know where. Go back and read moron. Where I have said time and time again congratulations to your kids and coaching staff and said that they won and made the plays that they needed to make when they needed to make them. They may have seen it from one player but overall and go back and look even some of your own fans on other boards have said the same. They have not seen overall team speed like they have all year. Who and the hell did you play where the team rushed for over three hundred yards on your defense? Nobody was even close. How many teams you played that had two backs go for over a 100 yards and a 3rd damn near a hundred? None. I will say it again like I have said before congratulations to your kids and coaching staff and like I said before I hope you bring back the trophy for the east. You know as well as I do if not for that fumble they were driving down field at will you were going to lose. That's not a excuse it's a fact. Your kid made a hell of a play and it got you a trip to the state championship game. I pray and hope that the team dominated by 10th grade starters a few juniors and 4 seniors meet you again if the stars align correctly next year.

Moron? Really lol! I wasn't disrespecting Jacksonville at all. They were very good like I said. 300 yards rushing against that defense was very impressive. Congrats on a very successful season and it sounds like you guys will be a power house for a few years. Just saying give credit where credit is due. You did that in the last message though.

BTW, I am not a Eastern Guilford guy but pull for teams in our own conference. I actually pull for Western Alamance. We could if and but our two meetings with Eastern Guilford this year to death but we didn't. We lost bottom line so just lick your wounds and move on. Good luck to Eastern Guilford this week and to Jacksonville moving forward. Sounds like you guys have a lot to be excited about.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT