ADVERTISEMENT

Who will be #1 in East?

I think West would have to win out to get the #2 seed. That would be great. You just can't tell how kids in high school play from game to game. I'm pulling for WC to do it.

Reactions: Swo1980
Unless the temperature in Hell dips far below 32' F. . . or Tarboro decides to abide by the Good Book and practice that it is "Better to give than to receive" and allow another eastern school to try its hand at a state championship game against Mt. Airy, then the Vikings and their full house T backfield will once again represent the beautiful eastern part of the state. It's just a shame more coaches don't revisit offenses like that or the I, Power I, wishbone, etc. and perfect them.

Let's put it this way while Tarboro would be #2 just .00436 behind Mt Airy if you combined East and West but #2 in the East Perquimans would be #7 & #3 West Columbus #9. So unless there's a big upset Friday night I don't believe there's any question as usual in the East who the best is. But good thing is Perquimans has the opportunity to prove everyone wrong on the field.

Reactions: curtiscummings1
Just out of curiosity.. but Eastern Randolph is located in Ramseur which it seems is only about 2 hours from Tarboro and seems closer to Eastern Teams then western team... if ER had to travel to Murphy in the playoffs.. they would have to drive close to 5 hours and that's in a car.. a bus would take an hour longer. The furthest eastern team would maybe be Perquimans and that is around 3 and half hours in a car or 4 and half hours in a bus. Would it not make more logical sense to put them in the East?

With that being said.. that would make better competition for Tarboro and not necessarily a "gimmie" each year. Thoughts?

No offence to the other team in the east but Tarboro is like Alabama or Georgia playing in the sunbelt or socon division can a team beat them. Ya sure but is it unlikely yes very much so.

Reactions: curtiscummings1
Just out of curiosity.. but Eastern Randolph is located in Ramseur which it seems is only about 2 hours from Tarboro and seems closer to Eastern Teams then western team... if ER had to travel to Murphy in the playoffs.. they would have to drive close to 5 hours and that's in a car.. a bus would take an hour longer. The furthest eastern team would maybe be Perquimans and that is around 3 and half hours in a car or 4 and half hours in a bus. Would it not make more logical sense to put them in the East?

With that being said.. that would make better competition for Tarboro and not necessarily a "gimmie" each year. Thoughts?
Well as you may or may not know ER has traveled both ways before they established a dividing line. My son, baby boy for those that know, went to First Flight on a Tuesday night in baseball first round. Well over five hours on an activity bus. The only thing is SOME team has to be easternmost if you actually draw a line which NCHSAA has and it’s Randolph/Chatham line. Is it ideal? Probably not but it’s where they drew the line. Reidsville and ER have always been the teams it seems that could/would go either direction.

Couple years While and West Columbus was in the west. A long ride to the mountains. Murphy and Swain county came to Whiteville in playoffs. WC had a 6 hour bus ride to mountains. Hope NCHEAA doesn't do this again. Honestly speaking,I think WC gets a #3 seed if they win out.

Unless the temperature in Hell dips far below 32' F. . . or Tarboro decides to abide by the Good Book and practice that it is "Better to give than to receive" and allow another eastern school to try its hand at a state championship game against Mt. Airy, then the Vikings and their full house T backfield will once again represent the beautiful eastern part of the state. It's just a shame more coaches don't revisit offenses like that or the I, Power I, wishbone, etc. and perfect them.
How good is Tarboro this year. I went to see South Columbus play Tarboro one year and Willie Goes defense held Todd Gurley under 50 yards. rushing that night. Good game.

How good is Tarboro this year. I went to see South Columbus play Tarboro one year and Willie Goes defense held Todd Gurley under 50 yards. rushing that night. Good game.
That was a great game. Todd was very banged up, and south Columbus did a great job of containing him. Most sc fans thought Linconton would end up blowing us out the following week but Todd went off like a mad man against them. We played them again the following year, but blew them out, but as you said, that game in 2011 was a very good game

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT