ADVERTISEMENT

Whiteville @ Northeastern

Of course the Clinton people will say that is not enough, and they may be right.
At this time of the year Idc how much it is 1 or 40 aslong it’s a W………and please stop grouping all of us together we all aren’t cocky and understand no two games are alike and games ain’t played on paper it’s played on the field.

Reactions: sam and loveboat500
What a game and what a play at the end, I guarantee you the guy that returned that blocked FG will be telling his grandchildren about the night they took Whiteville down. Nice find daagoob!
I couldn’t believe it, and you are right that kid will never forget that. That was a good video and I’m glad I watched it in entirety. That’s a tough way to lose but it made for a good ending

The Whiteville Touchdown Club is sponsoring an event at The Whiteville Wolfpack’s Thanksgiving morning practice at 9am. It’s going to fun, plan to go if you can!

Man goob #5 is slick fast I know y’all have lots of weapons but #5 would get a majority of the carries until was stopped or needed a blow. But your D line hardly gets any penetration, seems like some guys should be going both ways to me. But at 13-0 hard to argue with the results. Thanks for the videos.
Your welcome. Tyselle does get the majority of carries but our qb Tre Jones has been on fire this year passing the ball so it’s hard to keep him from airing it out. In the playoffs he’s thrown 41-58 for 978 tds and 12 touchdowns. We have a lot of players who do go both ways so that does hurt us some

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Must of been before I got on these boards. I’d love to have East Duplin or JK come here for an out of conference game

We played a home and home with you guys in 2012-2013. ED won both. The game in Elizabeth City wasn’t close. And we had Northeastern fans sitting on the visiting side trash talking us about winning state championships in Golf. 😆

• Haha
Reactions: daagoob
The previous post got me thinking on the years ED and Northeastern did the home and home. I covered one of those so I went back and checked thinking it was earlier. Turns out, ED played at Northeastern in 2011 (ED 39-15) and hosted Northeastern the following season (ED 30-20). NE went 10-3 in 11 and 11-3 in 12.

Not to hijack the thread and to stay on point with the topic here is how I see it.

NEs game with Princeton speaks volumes to me. Princeton was down this season and played in probably the weakest 2A conference in the east. They gave up 50+ points to Eastern Wayne. They run a very basic, old school, almost exclusively run offense and put 53 on Northeastern. That is a huge red flag.

Whiteville runs a more diverse offense but is based out of Wing T principles and we know NE has struggled with variations of wing t offenses in the past. Whiteville is much better than Princeton in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

NE has the advantage of playing at home (thats a long ride for Whiteville), Whiteville has the advantage on the sideline (multiple state championships with the staff).

For me, I only see Whiteville stopping themselves with penalties or turnovers. I think special teams also favor Whiteville. NE will have the best offense Whiteville has seen but I think the Dline of Whiteville will be far more physical than anything NE has seen. NE does play in an improved football conference compared to previous years but none of the teams appear to be able to play a lick of defense.

Give me the Pack by a couple of TDs. Just one guys opinion.

The previous post got me thinking on the years ED and Northeastern did the home and home. I covered one of those so I went back and checked thinking it was earlier. Turns out, ED played at Northeastern in 2011 (ED 39-15) and hosted Northeastern the following season (ED 30-20). NE went 10-3 in 11 and 11-3 in 12.

Not to hijack the thread and to stay on point with the topic here is how I see it.

NEs game with Princeton speaks volumes to me. Princeton was down this season and played in probably the weakest 2A conference in the east. They gave up 50+ points to Eastern Wayne. They run a very basic, old school, almost exclusively run offense and put 53 on Northeastern. That is a huge red flag.

Whiteville runs a more diverse offense but is based out of Wing T principles and we know NE has struggled with variations of wing t offenses in the past. Whiteville is much better than Princeton in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

NE has the advantage of playing at home (thats a long ride for Whiteville), Whiteville has the advantage on the sideline (multiple state championships with the staff).

For me, I only see Whiteville stopping themselves with penalties or turnovers. I think special teams also favor Whiteville. NE will have the best offense Whiteville has seen but I think the Dline of Whiteville will be far more physical than anything NE has seen. NE does play in an improved football conference compared to previous years but none of the teams appear to be able to play a lick of defense.

Yall will be surprised. Lol

Wish you were a gambling man.

Wish you were a gambling man.
Wish I had money to gamble with.

Again, just based on what I have seen and heard from others. Whiteville is better than Princeton, much better on both sides of the ball. NE had a difficult time stopping Princeton.

If I'm wrong so be it. I've been wrong numerous times on picking games this year on the boards.

Wish I had money to gamble with.

Again, just based on what I have seen and heard from others. Whiteville is better than Princeton, much better on both sides of the ball. NE had a difficult time stopping Princeton.

If I'm wrong so be it. I've been wrong numerous times on picking games this year on the boards.

Trust me. Princeton is way better than Whiteville on the OL. DL id give to Whiteville but it’s all about matchups in the playoffs.

So the only thing you are disagreeing with me on is which Oline is better?

Whiteville/Princeton, who would you take?

I agree its all about matchups.

Trust me. Princeton is way better than Whiteville on the OL. DL id give to Whiteville but it’s all about matchups in the playoffs.
You are correct I seen both teams in person against Clinton. Even though the record may not show it and Whiteville lived to play another round. Both teams are pretty even in comparison to how good each other are. That's if your using Princeton as a measuring stick. So let's see Whiteville lost to Clinton 47-14 and Princeton lost to Clinton 40-14 so hey maybe Princeton is actually 1 touchdown better than Whiteville defensively but Clinton did send in the backups so its hard to judge. Heck I see similarities to another set of Bulldogs this year too. Whiteville resembles Wallace minus the awesome backs Wallace had this year. And we see what Hertford County did to Wallace after hearing how improved the defense was since the Clinton game. What other team does that sound like? Anyway I know its a matter of opinion but we may have seen a preview of what Northeastern will do to Whiteville because there is a lot of similarities between HC and Northeastern. Sorry if I rained on anyone's parade. Speaking of weather. Look out Northeastern the weather man says Mr. Thunder and Lightning is on the way. Might be wrong though cause the weather man got it wrong against Clinton. Either way I wish all the teams still playing luck. Going to be a awesome Friday night of round 4 playoff football. Not going to argue with anyone. Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Reactions: TD08 and daagoob
So the only thing you are disagreeing with me on is which Oline is better?

Whiteville/Princeton, who would you take?

I agree its all about matchups.
Princeton of course. Wait I forgot another similarity of Whiteville and Wallace. Wallace beat a banged up young ED team in overtime and Whiteville beat them worse than Wallace but they were banged up even more by time they got to Whiteville. In all honesty if ED had been healthy ED would of won that game. It would of probably been really close but I still feel ED would of won both games if did not have injured players.

............and if West Columbus hadn't blocked field goal with no time on the clock AND returned for a TD(not a common occurence) Whiteville would have won and won the conference and a higher seed, lots of if's there as the argument that injuries or lack of them would have resulted in a win. Maybe the boys need to lift some more or strech so more and avoid said injuries.

• Haha
Reactions: FootballDad2023
............and if West Columbus hadn't blocked field goal with no time on the clock AND returned for a TD(not a common occurence) Whiteville would have won and won the conference and a higher seed, lots of if's there as the argument that injuries or lack of them would have resulted in a win. Maybe the boys need to lift some more or strech so more and avoid said injuries.
I'm not going to get in the what ifs. Haven't all year and not going to start now. But one thing I can guarantee you and know without a doubt. The weight room and conditioning is not a problem at East Duplin. Not with Battle Holley. Thats Facts

Last edited:
Wow that response was about as hilarious as your Thunder and Lightning post. That's really what you think is that ED doesn't lift or stretch. Sorry if I struck a nerve but I can promise you ED has excellent work ethic in the weight room. I think you owe ED an apology on that one. It shouldn't of even came down to a field goal between Whiteville and West Columbus. Whiteville was seeded exactly where they should of been seeded.

Honest question. How well would this new and improved Whiteville team do in the SEC? Not sure they’d beat UGA but with their defensive line they’d probably be competitive.

Honest question. How well would this new and improved Whiteville team do in the SEC? Not sure they’d beat UGA but with their defensive line they’d probably be competitive.
Not sure what or who you are referring to, I don't think you find any of our posters banging their chest about our defense being great, we play solid defense, that's it.

I just had # 22 over for thanksgiving and showed him a play on defense I use to run when I was coaching called WAO. Man, he loved it and said they run something close to it, but he liked mine better. The O line was so confused that they didn't know who to block. The QB only had around 2 seconds to get rid of the ball. In order to run this, play you have to have quick lineman and linebackers which we do have. WAO means Wide Ass Open. One hell of a play for the defense if it is run right. Cause all kind of trouble no matter what type of offense set you run. Showed him how to run it against 4 different formations. He said he would show it to our DC coordinator. Hope he likes it and maybe try to run it. Guess I will see.

Greg Morris from where ? I found one that went to West craven hs
That’s me. It’s public so anyone can watch. I just posted that I would be at Northeastern doing fb live so it will make it easier for others to find.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT