ADVERTISEMENT

West Charlotte @ Crest round 3

Wow. Them and Dudley opting to play down. 🤔
Sounds like possible early excuses. Can’t just look at raw numbers when they use a formula for schools and factor in things such as free lunch, etc for ADM numbers and which classification they fall into. At the end of the day WC and Crest both have 54 players on the roster and only can play 11 at a time so.

Sounds like possible early excuses. Can’t just look at raw numbers when they use a formula for schools and factor in things such as free lunch, etc for ADM numbers and which classification they fall into. At the end of the day WC and Crest both have 54 players on the roster and only can play 11 at a time so.
Can you explain how free lunches figure in the adm #’s?

Wow. Them and Dudley opting to play down. 🤔
What are you all talking about Dudley enrollment right now is 1,407 West Charlotte enrollment is 1,538. Yes they a some of the larger 3A schools. Before the realignment they were small 4A school when we has A & AA. Crest is 1,125. So you all feel that Dudley are more closer to schools like NW Guilford (2,125), Grimsley(1,950), Charlotte Butler (2,100) or the CHARLOTTE SCHOOLS that have 2,500 to 3,200 Students? I don't know what information some of you are looking at, but go to the Guilford County Schools website and get the real information. Why on earth you think Dudley would choose to play down when they was successful for decades in 3AA & 4A in Boys & Girls Basketball and Track & Field, Football. If anything Dudley's have loss students to Page, Southeast Guilford, Eastern Guilford & Page for decades holding their enrollment down. County schools coming into their city lines. You Crest Folks are the first I heard crying, Never Heard Charlottle Catholic, Kings Mountain, South Point, T.C. Roberson making excuses like you all.

Can you explain how free lunches figure in the adm #’s?
GCS chose Dudley to host a program to offer free breakfast & lunches for Low Income Students throughout Greensboro, Northeast & Southeast Greensboro. That side of Greensboro has Low Income, lack of Grocery Stores, Resources. The school itself is just 1,407 Students. Many kids don't get the food they need, so certain High Schools & Elem Schools are picked to host these programs

What are you all talking about Dudley enrollment right now is 1,407 West Charlotte enrollment is 1,538. Yes they a some of the larger 3A schools. Before the realignment they were small 4A school when we has A & AA. Crest is 1,125. So you all feel that Dudley are more closer to schools like NW Guilford (2,125), Grimsley(1,950), Charlotte Butler (2,100) or the CHARLOTTE SCHOOLS that have 2,500 to 3,200 Students? I don't know what information some of you are looking at, but go to the Guilford County Schools website and get the real information. Why on earth you think Dudley would choose to play down when they was successful for decades in 3AA & 4A in Boys & Girls Basketball and Track & Field, Football. If anything Dudley's have loss students to Page, Southeast Guilford, Eastern Guilford & Page for decades holding their enrollment down. County schools coming into their city lines. You Crest Folks are the first I heard crying, Never Heard Charlottle Catholic, Kings Mountain, South Point, T.C. Roberson making excuses like you all.
First off not all Crest folks are crying or making excuses. That was pretty disparaging my man. Thanks for explaining it now we understand. I don’t give a crap how many students any of them have. Gaffney has more and crying Crest sent them packing. We even fed them for FREE before we did.

If we win and Dudley comes to Crest. You come on over and say hello.

Last edited:
GCS chose Dudley to host a program to offer free breakfast & lunches for Low Income Students throughout Greensboro, Northeast & Southeast Greensboro. That side of Greensboro has Low Income, lack of Grocery Stores, Resources. The school itself is just 1,407 Students. Many kids don't get the food they need, so certain High Schools & Elem Schools are picked to host these programs
Thank you.... Now we know. That was all that was required.

If WC enrollment numbers is 1538, why does their 2023-2024 numbers on NCHSAA say 2009 students?

Reactions: beamer24
ADMWest Charlotte High School 2,009West Columbus High School 448West Craven High School 806West Davidson High School 777West Forsyth High School 2,312West Henderson High School 1,05

Right from the New ADM numbers that were just posted
Not sure where they got that number from. From the NCDPI West Charlotte 9th 613, 10th 415, 11th 329, SR 249 for a total of 1606. Not sure how the NCHSAA adjust the numbers to reflect the higher total. But for majority of the Charlotte Schools the NCHSAA number was inflated.

-Would have to ask someone on the NCHSAA why these schools had extra numbers added to them over actual enrollment.

600Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools576West Charlotte High School---------613415329249---------41,610

Also your list has Garinger at 2289, but NCDPI has them at 1729.

600Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools397Garinger High School---------608527304290---------61,735

West Mecklenburg your list 1845 DPI 1231

600Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools579West Mecklenburg High School---------344363284240---------81,239

Reactions: crestrulz
Not sure where they got that number from. From the NCDPI West Charlotte 9th 613, 10th 415, 11th 329, SR 249 for a total of 1606. Not sure how the NCHSAA adjust the numbers to reflect the higher total. But for majority of the Charlotte Schools the NCHSAA number was inflated.

-Would have to ask someone on the NCHSAA why these schools had extra numbers added to them over actual enrollment.

600Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools576West Charlotte High School---------613415329249---------41,610

Also your list has Garinger at 2289, but NCDPI has them at 1729.

600Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools397Garinger High School---------608527304290---------61,735

West Mecklenburg your list 1845 DPI 1231

600Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools579West Mecklenburg High School---------344363284240---------81,239
If it's like Caldwell County Schools we count kids that go to the early college that live in our district. Hibriten has 802 on campus and an adm of 970.

If it's like Caldwell County Schools we count kids that go to the early college that live in our district. Hibriten has 802 on campus and an adm of 970.
Dont think WC has early college. They used to get some Northwest Students so maybe NW is included in the total. Their enrollment had be slowed down due to a new school. They will definitely be 4A next realignment,

You coming to Crest this week or you headed to Salisbury?
3rd round, undefeated opponent, away, the boys are clicking.....I gotta go watch my Lions this week. But the fam will be at Crest giving me updates. Hoping we both move on.

What a gem it would be if we both made the state championship game and both 2A and 3A were played at the same site?!?!

Replying to whom ever… I don’t care how many you have in enrollment. We’ll play y’all in Iran!! We don’t back down from nobody. 2nd all 3 of us used to be 4A. The most recent 4A to 3A drop was Dudley.

3rd round, undefeated opponent, away, the boys are clicking.....I gotta go watch my Lions this week. But the fam will be at Crest giving me updates. Hoping we both move on.

What a gem it would be if we both made the state championship game and both 2A and 3A were played at the same site?!?!
Yea I can't even lie that would be awesome.

Good luck bro... Be safe... I don't think Salisbury can handle Shelby myself. They've not played who Shelby has played.

Early excuses. Never heard that one before. Don’t lose your mind yet the week is still young.

There isn't a parking lot big enough for that many tractors.

Do the kids that come to Dudley for free lunches stay all day? Are they allowed to play sports?

A lot of schools systems started that after the pandemic but I think when they initially put the classes together free lunch was somehow part of the equation.

Reactions: New3ra
@bigdadd11103 I know you are keeping up with the Charlotte Middle School football championship. I love the concept that Charlotte Middle Schools used to determine their champion this year. WC will probably get the “Lions” share of the talent out of the two teams playing in the championship. Ranson vs Piedmont will have a lot of future WC Lions on the field tomorrow.

Last edited:
tumblr_inline_mkfgneHqs81qz4rgp.gif

• Haha
@bigdadd11103 I know you are keeping up with the Charlotte Middle School football championship. I love the concept that Charlotte Middle Schools used to determine their champion this year. WC will probably get the “Lions” share of the talent out of the two teams playing in the championship. Ransom vs Piedmont will have a lot of future WC Lions on the field tomorrow.
The tournament has been great. Will likely miss the Piedmont/Ranson game., but it will be good. Give me Ranson. #2 Jamil Watson is an absolute BEAST. #2 Josh Person from Piedmont is really good too, but Ranson can tackle. Thought JMA could and should have beaten Piedmont. Give me Ranson for the win over Piedmont.

WC will get the Lions share but Chambers and MC will get a bunch too. This tournament has really showcased the talent in Char/Meck. The 2028 and 2029 classes are insanely talented. Right now Chambers, WC, MC, are getting the best MS players from the IB schools. Then Indy/Butler from the eastern schools. Hough gets a bunch too, but they just tend to show up w/o rhyme or reason as the feeder schools are not that talented at all.

Excellent event by VTO Sports/CMS. Will grow bigger next year.

Reactions: shutdownD24
A lot of schools systems started that after the pandemic but I think when they initially put the classes together free lunch was somehow part of the equation.
I feel like your word equation should be replaced with "manipulation".... because while everyone wants to make sure kids eat...how that plays into/affects what classification you play sports in is total horse shmanureit IF that actually is a factor in determining classifications for sports.

I’ll bet 1, 500 dollars in Monopoly money. Park place and board walk and all the hotels on both of them.

Plus my dog and my lawnmower that this game won’t be played.

In the rain.
Chargerbacker.

Looks like I was wrong and he will run them in the rain. That’s crazy to me but what do I know.

I don’t have a dog. I’m not giving you my lawnmower either. 😂😂😂

The home side of the field was showing wear last week. If they play on a wet field this week. It will effect and possible change the results of the game.

Reactions: crestrulz
Yep. That particular white hat is weak. He’s been a menace.

But hey. At least he didn’t make a big deal in the end. The film says it all.
Officiating is shaky with fewer referees in the last few years, but the most disappointing aspect is the white hats appear to not call their position, rather wanting to keep the clock moving so they can get home to take their Geritol. It is what it is and it ain't good or fair to the kids.

Reactions: DeBoer31
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT