ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Week of 3/25 scores

3/26 Final East Rowan 10 Carson 3
Final West Rowan 7 South Rowan 0

Last edited:
3/26 Final Hickory Ridge 3 South Iredell 2
Hickory Ridge stays undefeated in conference. South Iredell shows toughness against a good team.
South will have another chance at home against HR this Thursday 3/28

Some of the Cherryville players, et al, will have to face him again this summer if he plays legion baseball for Cleveland County. Wish Post 100 had him.
One of Cherryville's (Post 100) problems, lately, is their inability to generate some offense. In what's becoming the distant past everyone in Post 100's entire batting order was an extra-base threat. I can recall the fans chanting "Wake up the dead", meaning hit it in the cemetery (The town's public cemetery) which is across the street from the outfield at Cherryville's Fraley Field.

Lots of good memories of those days: Seems like they were playing Rowan County in an Area III versus Area IV semifinal series under the old format, at home in front of a very big crowd . I'm sure it was Sunday night because there was this old man, and I mean really, really old, had to have been well into his 90's, who showed up at the game wearing his church clothes. He looked so repectable, almost reverent, him in his suit and tie. He came over and to the bleechers where I was sitting. The fans, who obviously knew him, had to help him sit down because of his lack of balance, and they called him "Uncle Pal" or I think that's what they were calling him.

The game was close and Cherryville got something going with a couple of runners on base. The top of the order was coming up and the fans began chanting "Wake up the dead" hoping somebody would clear the bases. This girl who was sitting in front of this elderly gentleman turned around and said, "Uncle Pal, I'll bet you knew a lot of people who are over in the cemetery, don't you?"
He answered "yes, quite a few" in a frail weak voice like you'd expect from someone that old. This girl then said. "I know you'd like to see some of them, again," to which he said "yeah, but I'd just as soon some them SOB's (he didn't abbreviate) would stay there".

Anyway, I do wish they could get themselves a balanced combination of hitting and pitching and maybe get back to the level they were at before. I know how much legion baseball means to Post 100 fans in this area.

Final East Rowan 16 Concord 4
West Rowan 3 NW Cabarrus 2

Last edited:
As of now South Iredell is tied with Hickory Ridge 3-3 in the bottom of the 7th
3-3 after 8 innings

Last edited:
Carson vs South Rowan was postponed to another day. Not sure why. According to Max Prep South Rowan will take on Concord later today at 4

Reactions: Sportsnut17
Spring Tournament. East Rowan 11 South Iredell 2
NW Guilford 6 Carson 5
West Rowan 11 Mooresville 4
South Rowan 4 Concord 0

Last edited:
Don't want to hurt anyone's feelings and call it an Easter Tournament. Not directed at you Vik. I'm sure that's what the tourney is called.
Yeah I know what you mean. I saw it earlier as spring break tournament on one of the sites. But my thoughts was Easter Tournament

Finals West Rowan 8 NW Guilford 2
South Iredell 3 Carson 0
East Rowan 12 Mooresville 5

Last edited:
Not hearing anything on here about West Henderson baseball but they are 10-1 ( 6-0) according to Max Prep. Last win was 15-2 over Pisgah. Anyone have any insights on this team. They look to have a promising season and could make a good run in the playoffs.

Not hearing anything on here about West Henderson baseball but they are 10-1 ( 6-0) according to Max Prep. Last win was 15-2 over Pisgah. Anyone have any insights on this team. They look to have a promising season and could make a good run in the playoffs.
I would look for West to make a run at it all again this year. I don’t think they lost much from last year. They have a solid lineup that’s deep. Truitt Manuel and Jackson Lyda are two top shelf ball players but the batting order is full of hitters all the way down the line like last year. TCR wore them out in their only loss but 1. I think TCR has an exceptionally special group this year themselves and 2. I expect that to be a tighter game when they matchup again later this season.

I watched the 2nd Pisgah Game. We ( Pisgah) started a Freshman on the mound and they started Manuel. That Freshman is going to be a very good one but that was a tall task for him this early. We got 3-hits off Manuel when I think he’d only given up 1 so far this year I believe. Pisgah doesn’t have ideal pitching depth this year, either. Tuscola will be West’s strongest opposition in conference, IMO as they’ve got a solid young roster themselves with several very strong younger players with Amos Rich being the biggest standout.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Here are list of Tournament games going on for 4/1
NW Cab vs Salisbury 10am
West Rowan vs South Iredell 1pm
East Rowan vs NW Guilford 4pm
Mooresville vs Carson 7pm

Reactions: Sportsnut17
Update Finals West Rowan 16 South Iredell 3
Salisbury 20 NW Cabarrus 19
Central Cabarrus 13 Concord 0
East Rowan 8 NW Guilford 7
Carson 10 Mooresville 2