ADVERTISEMENT

WEEK # 1 IN THE ECC

SWO-#1

Aug 28, 2002
It's TIME ....... Cant wait no longer. A full slate of games to kick off the 2023 season.

August 18

East Duplin @ Dixon
Havelock @ Wallace Rose Hill
Swansboro @ James Kenan
Kinston @ South Central
West Johnston @ South Lenoir
Greene Central @ North Lenoir

Pick game of the week, Well for me anyway;

Jacksonville @ South West Onslow

ED/Dixon
ED rolls 42-6. The next 2 weeks we’ll see a lot about ED.
Havelock/WRH
Man, Havelock is Havelock. I honestly think WRH can beat the Rams. Our offense should be a mistake free machine. Dogs have got the best backfield in the state, again. Dogs got a senior oline as good as we’ve had. Rams have solid coaching staff and athletes. Little turmoil in the off season for the staff. If Dogs have improved on d, Dogs win in the DogPound 40-35
Swansboro/JK
Don’t know much about JK other than top notch staff and JK always has athletes. JK 48-28
Kinston/South Central
I know nothing about these teams but pulling conference.
Other games I’ll take SL and Green Central.
Game of the week!
Jacksonville/SWO
I’m pulling for those Stallions but don’t think Jacksonville will over look SWO. If SWO will run it like they’ve said they were, then swo got a shot. Cardinals 37-34.

It's TIME ....... Cant wait no longer. A full slate of games to kick off the 2023 season.

August 18

East Duplin @ Dixon
Swansboro @ James Kenan
Kinston @ South Central

I would say Wrh/Havelock is the game of the week with the edge to the Dawgs.
After that:
Jacksonville
ED
JK
Not sure the outcome of the remainder of games listed.

August 18

East Duplin @ Dixon
Swansboro @ James Kenan
Kinston @ South Central

Couple of minor corrections-

Dixon travels to East Duplin, not that it should matter much in the outcome.
South Lenoir goes to NORTH Johnston, in a game SL should win
WRH squeaks by a Havelock team still in transition
JK bullies Swansboro
Kinston has enough offense to get by South Central
Greene Central by a couple of TDS over North Lenoir
Jacksonville by 20+ over SWO

Reactions: dogs79
Couple of minor corrections-

Dixon travels to East Duplin, not that it should matter much in the outcome.
South Lenoir goes to NORTH Johnston, in a game SL should win
WRH squeaks by a Havelock team still in transition
JK bullies Swansboro
Kinston has enough offense to get by South Central
Greene Central by a couple of TDS over North Lenoir
Jacksonville by 20+ over SWO
Heard some positive news out of SWO this summer and fall camp. Jville+20 over SWO? Off what knowledge? Or just a guess?

Hopefully SWO gets it back together and plays smash mouth football of old. Spoke with Burney the other day, seems to be trying get these boys ready. No better person for them to be listening to.

SWO #1 hope you had a great winter and summer buddy. You still going to do the play by play this year?

Reactions: dogs79
Its been a real good year, thanks for asking 87swo. I plan on doing most all the SWO games. Might miss one on 29 Sept. as I will be at the annual Rimfire National Bench Rest match and the Professional Shooting league matches in Wright City Mo. for 6 days.

I have been stocking up on game snacks and drinks for this years broadcasts. Got some great deals on Bud Light and recalled Doritos. Dumpster diving has yealed an ample supply. My head phones broke but a little duct tape and all is coming in load and clear. My right ear gets a little sore from the tape but as long as The Stallions run left I'll be OK. My satallite Internet service resets the 11th so no buffering for the first game at least. Its had enough to keep up with Billy and Melvin as it is with all the spittin and sputtering and yelling. I always give the internet link in my post so if ya dont want to listen to my Totally biased geme calling (recalling) go watch yourself as the World Wide Braodcast is always in living Black and Orange. It gets a little confusing when we play the mangy mutts from Teachy as they use our trademarked colors. they have no good taste of their own. We dont mind as copycating is the highest form of flattery.

GO STALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIONS

Its been a real good year, thanks for asking 87swo. I plan on doing most all the SWO games. Might miss one on 29 Sept. as I will be at the annual Rimfire National Bench Rest match and the Professional Shooting league matches in Wright City Mo. for 6 days.

I have been stocking up on game snacks and drinks for this years broadcasts. Got some great deals on Bud Light and recalled Doritos. Dumpster diving has yealed an ample supply. My head phones broke but a little duct tape and all is coming in load and clear. My right ear gets a little sore from the tape but as long as The Stallions run left I'll be OK. My satallite Internet service resets the 11th so no buffering for the first game at least. Its had enough to keep up with Billy and Melvin as it is with all the spittin and sputtering and yelling. I always give the internet link in my post so if ya dont want to listen to my Totally biased geme calling (recalling) go watch yourself as the World Wide Braodcast is always in living Black and Orange. It gets a little confusing when we play the mangy mutts from Teachy as they use our trademarked colors. they have no good taste of their own. We dont mind as copycating is the highest form of flattery.

GO STALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIONS

Good to hear from you brother. Glad everything is going okay up your way. I'd stay clear of the bud light and recalled Doritos tbh, not a good look lol. Pm your address I'll send you some new ear phones, my wife has plenty. I'll be at the away games this year and listen to and read along with your play by play. Hopefully SWO goes back to smash mouth football this year. Been hearing some good things out of camp. My buddy sent me a few pictures of SWO practice, all I could see was these huggggggge coaches with cut off tees looking like they're in 11th grade. Just caught me off guard as suppopppper weird TBH....... Like they more worried about their look then the kids....

Reactions: olddog77 and dogs79
West Johnston would probably defeat South Lenoir but South Lenoir is playing NORTH Johnston and I think will get the win.

No more Friday nights without FOOTBall. To top it off this Sunday night "HOW BOUT THEM CHIEFS" as we say round these parts. Mahones is probably the most thrilling player in the NFL, and the rest of the team aint to shabby either.

GO STALLIONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNS

GO CHIEFSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

No more Friday nights without FOOTBall. To top it off this Sunday night "HOW BOUT THEM CHIEFS" as we say round these parts. Mahones is probably the most thrilling player in the NFL, and the rest of the team aint to shabby either.

GO STALLIONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNS

GO CHIEFSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Please stop Mahones is trashhhhhh, just like his weirdo wife and brother.. He was terrible in college and HS until he had Andy Reid lead him. Never hated a athlete more then pat, just has no respect for the game.....

• Haha
Reactions: sam
Down to the last 36 hours till the 2023 kickoff of Hs football. SWO hosts the 3A Jacksonville Cards. Do we have a chance ? Most would say Nay, Nay. I say if we show up we have a chance. Will a loss mean a bad year, no I dont think so. We have lost the first game to Jville and went on to take the Title. We also have lost and ended on one of the worst years in Stallion History. What do I think ?, Its SWO football and I'm excited. As I said earlier in this thread I will post the play by play on here and come what may. No matter the outcome there will be a game next week and then 8 more.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIONS

Simmons predictions for the ECC in week #1

WRH by 2 over Havelock
ED by 55 over Dixon
Jville by 37 over SWO
JK by 32 over Swansboro
Kinston by 11 over S. Central
Greene Central by 41 over N. Lenoir
N. Johnston by 28 over S. Lenoir

Other games of intrest in the East and West

Kings Mountaine by 34 over Shelby
Reidsville by 21 over W. Alamance

August 18

East Duplin @ Dixon
Swansboro @ James Kenan
Kinston @ South Central

Ed by 48
WRH by 1
JK by 34
SC by 6
SL by 6
GC by 14
JVILLE by 22

Reactions: Tiger_Pride21

August 18

East Duplin @ Dixon
Swansboro @ James Kenan
Kinston @ South Central

ED BIGGG
WRH
JK BIGGG