ADVERTISEMENT

Way too early look at 2024

Hibriten won 2AA running the triple and WRH won 2A running the wing-t in 2017. I think it depends more whether or not run heavy teams can defend the pass than whether or not there offenses work.
lot of truth in that last sentence....typically run oriented teams are not great defending the pass because they rarely have to play against it (eastern schools mainly because so few down east throw it much....Havelock being the exception)...........................

1. Many want him, but himnleaving Reidsville isnt likely. Possible, but not likely.

2. Been waiting on your take from the game.
Nothing I can say about the game that we all know or probably hasn’t already been said. I haven’t even looked at the game thread since about 6 Saturday night. I have had to watch Ryan walk off the field three times after losing state finals. I may be taking this harder than he has.

Really hate how the game turned out for Amaris. He probably played too many snaps and people seem to forget he was recruited as a DL not a RB. He just filled that role because he is great team player.

There’s a lot on my mind that I won’t say here. I took a few days to decompress and after seeing the latest ramblings from our Shelby triumvirate, maybe I should have taken more.

GA6xSHiWQAAv4eW.jpg

Reidsville has a couple of big holes to fill......#1QB Al Lee......#2 the two headed linebacker monster that was Paul Widerman and Aidan Mansfield................big shoes to fill.................................skill wise tho....the Rams will be loaded........
Shyrock will be missed as well. Defensive end/linebacker, blocking back, punter and kickoffs. Hard hitter!

yeah Devin did a tremendous job all year...all-conference and was terrific in the punting....in title game he punted 59 yards on the punt that he got roughed on.................................

Reactions: TheMule
Hibriten won 2AA running the triple and WRH won 2A running the wing-t in 2017. I think it depends more whether or not run heavy teams can defend the pass than whether or not there offenses work.
You hit the nail right on the head. That Hibriten defense was different from years past. They were hard to run on, but they could defend the pass. For Hibriten, the changing of DC helped them as well when Coach Mackey came over. The previous DC defensive scheme hurt them much vs Tuscola in 08, and I think in 14 vs Forestview.

Nothing helped Hibriten as much as Melvin Scott only getting three carries before injuring his ankle and being unable to return to the game. He had 94 yards and a touchdown when he went out. I have no doubt the game would have gone down differently had he not gotten hurt. But to your point, after he went down ED had nothing for that Hibriten defense.

The prior week vs Shelby, Hibriten lost the 6’6 DE/WR when he fell on his shoulder after making a catch that was critical for Hibriten. If he played would some of those runs have been made? The play that stands out in that game was the MLB for Hibriten sprinting down field and saving a would be TD in that game.

The prior week vs Shelby, Hibriten lost the 6’6 DE/WR when he fell on his shoulder after making a catch that was critical for Hibriten. If he played would some of those runs have been made? The play that stands out in that game was the MLB for Hibriten sprinting down field and saving a would be TD in that game.
I think that muffed punt we had really doomed us. Couldn't get our footing back after that

That was a cold day when ED lost to Hibriten, a bunch of us WRH supporters made the trip early to watch them in a snow storm. A few ED folks stayed for our game but most left.

I just want to say that @oldway55 is 💯 and a great guy. He and I had made a small wager early in the season and he wasn’t able to come through on the night we played Clinton due to his work schedule but he sent me this $50 gift card in the mail. That’s what I’m talking about, It shows what kind of person he is and says a lot about his character. Did I mention he’s even from Duplin County 😂. Thanks so much Oldway!!! And yes, Northeastern will be loaded and fielding our best team since the days of Walker and Freshwater. No excuses next season. I hope everyone has a great Christmas and I look forward to another year on NcPreps 😀. I have met many new friends up here and I love this site.

I just want to say that @oldway55 is 💯 and a great guy. He and I had made a small wager early in the season and he wasn’t able to come through on the night we played Clinton due to his work schedule but he sent me this $50 gift card in the mail. That’s what I’m talking about, It shows what kind of person he is and says a lot about his character. Did I mention he’s even from Duplin County 😂. Thanks so much Oldway!!! And yes, Northeastern will be loaded and fielding our best team since the days of Walker and Freshwater. No excuses next season. I hope everyone has a great Christmas and I look forward to another year on NcPreps 😀. I have met many new friends up here and I love this site.
First thanks and you're welcome. Now I hope y'all are loaded because you going to need it.🤣 So will all y'all eagles, dogs. horses, wolfpack. tigers and all the rest better be ready because ED will be starting next year and for the next 4 or 5. And yes that goes for you rams and lions too. 🤣🤣🤣 And I didn't forget you Creek your Blue Devils can get some too. 😁

I hope all of you have a Merry Christmas and Happy and Healthy New Year !!!!

First thanks and you're welcome. Now I hope y'all are loaded because you going to need it.🤣 So will all y'all eagles, dogs. horses, wolfpack. tigers and all the rest better be ready because ED will be starting next year and for the next 4 or 5. And yes that goes for you rams and lions too. 🤣🤣🤣 And I didn't forget you Creek your Blue Devils can get some too. 😁

I hope all of you have a Merry Christmas and Happy and Healthy New Year !!!!
Oldway spreading the love!😂

Merry Christmas! Brother.

Reidsville has a couple of big holes to fill......#1QB Al Lee......#2 the two headed linebacker monster that was Paul Widerman and Aidan Mansfield................big shoes to fill.................................skill wise tho....the Rams will be loaded........
Johnniyus Will more then likely fill that QB1 hole which that is his natural position

Johnniyus Will more then likely fill that QB1 hole which that is his natural position

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Yeah, Harrison, Neal, and Jones at WRs may not be enough firepower. o_O :cool: :rolleyes:

Since Reidsville runs a lot of 1 back sets, and their big power guy they used when they went 2 backs is graduating, those 4 and 5 wide sets may be a little more common and he definitely has value there. All the young guys mentioned plus a few others can probably step up and helps fill that spot if J9 is the QB. But anyone that watched this team this year knows J9's value is much larger on defense. Replacing your 2 ILBs is gonna be tough enough without having to replace your safety as well is all Im really getting at. Other options are limited but good. Neal would be a human highlight film if he was the QB. Robinson was the JV QB and likely the guy in a year or so. Sure would be nice to ease a sophmore into that role with that returning OL and D1 skill guys at WR and RB though.

Since Reidsville runs a lot of 1 back sets, and their big power guy they used when they went 2 backs is graduating, those 4 and 5 wide sets may be a little more common and he definitely has value there. All the young guys mentioned plus a few others can probably step up and helps fill that spot if J9 is the QB. But anyone that watched this team this year knows J9's value is much larger on defense. Replacing your 2 ILBs is gonna be tough enough without having to replace your safety as well is all Im really getting at. Other options are limited but good. Neal would be a human highlight film if he was the QB. Robinson was the JV QB and likely the guy in a year or so. Sure would be nice to ease a sophmore into that role with that returning OL and D1 skill guys at WR and RB though.

You do bring up a good point about j9 at safety.

You guys also forget about pinnix as a wr option

Last edited:

I'd rather play Galloway or Whitted at receiver based on what I've seen from all 3 players. Galloway, as mentioned above, is also a great option at safety to possibly replace J9 and Whitted could slot in at CB if need be.

I'd rather play Galloway or Whitted at receiver based on what I've seen from all 3 players. Galloway, as mentioned above, is also a great option at safety to possibly replace J9 and Whitted could slot in at CB if need be.

That’s fair. Pinnix already has a starting position at cb

I always make good points, even when our resident know it all tries to be a smart ass LOL.

Pinnix could play S, and move Galloway down to his more natural corner spot opposite of Neal. Robinson is an athlete and will get some reps somewhere. Brathwait is another young guy that will be in the mix offense or defense. Whitted, who I think has the nickname Rocket which is always a good sign, will be right there as well.

Reactions: tarheel fan1
Surprisingly, their roster was loaded with sophomores and juniors that were key parts on both sides of the ball. On paper…. it appears to me that Brevard should have another outstanding year.

Go! Blue Devils. 😉

I think they always fly under the radar. Should be a preseason top 10 team

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I can't see any 2A teams beating Reidsville if all of the underclassmen return. I'm sure that the Harrison kid will get a lot of looks from the IMG-type schools.

My Golden Lions should be pretty competitive, but hard to replace WR Bridges' production, WR/LB Hollifield's intangibles, DB McGill's ball-hawking and lose 5 of the 6 DL rotation.

Need some the young bucks to step up at WR and Defense. QB, RB, OL will be strengths.

Anybody know what Burlington Cummings will have 2024? They have impoved in the couple of years.

Replacing 20+ seniors is rough cupboard ain’t that bare we still have enough returning to compete for conference probably like a 2nd/3rd round team. #1#3 #4 #15 #50 will be your key guys returning gotta build around them. Some underclassmen I’m excited to see their growth. Jaden Ashe, Tremayne Asford, Aaron Cooper, Jonah Boone,Josh Moore, and Tyler Patrick.

This didn’t age well considering #1, #3, #4, and #50 followed Johnson to SC.

Clinton will hopefully recover but it won’t be next fall.

Reactions: nwguilford007
This didn’t age well considering #1, #3, #4, and #50 followed Johnson to SC.

Clinton will hopefully recover but it won’t be next fall.
Well shit happens happy for them hope they all do well which I believe they will all talented young men………We still have some talented first time varsity juniors and sophomores coming up people need to stop obsessing over what happened and move on…….one player/person ain’t bigger then the program which is the message I been hearing since all the drama started so time to actually believe in that message

Last edited:
Well shit happens happy for them hope they all do well which I believe they will all talented young men………We still have some talented first time varsity juniors and sophomores coming up people need to stop obsessing over what happened and move on…….one player/person ain’t bigger then the program which is the message I been hearing since all the drama started so time to actually believe in that message
I heard the pay at sc schools is on a different level

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT