ADVERTISEMENT

Walkertown is open

Hope not, Garrett is a good man and good coach. Hope this is his choice and that he is on to bigger and better things.

Word on the curb it was his choice, but given it's Walkertown who knows. There will be a few jobs coming open he might could slide into of he is interested.

Reactions: FHJackets90
I hate it for him; he seemed like a really good dude. He had to inherit a mess because of how bad McKoy had it before he got let go, he did a pretty solid job considering. Varsity wasn't what they were expecting but considering the transfers it coulda been a lot worse. I enjoyed seeing them play on NFHS though, they played hard. He deserves better, hope he gets another shot somewhere if he wants to do it.

Until they get someone over there willing to be patient and build the program up the right way it's never going to get better. They sold it all on McKoy and it went the usual way with him with the violations and it's not been pretty since. They do have an AD who's always been solid on doing things the right way, so it will help for the search. Wait and see I guess.

I hate it for him; he seemed like a really good dude. He had to inherit a mess because of how bad McKoy had it before he got let go, he did a pretty solid job considering. Varsity wasn't what they were expecting but considering the transfers it coulda been a lot worse. I enjoyed seeing them play on NFHS though, they played hard. He deserves better, hope he gets another shot somewhere if he wants to do it.

Until they get someone over there willing to be patient and build the program up the right way it's never going to get better. They sold it all on McKoy and it went the usual way with him with the violations and it's not been pretty since. They do have an AD who's always been solid on doing things the right way, so it will help for the search. Wait and see I guess.
Who is the AD now?

This is definitely an intriguing job. You have the possibility to finish 2nd or 3rd in the conference behind Reidsville. I’m sure it’s gonna be some interesting names in this pool for this job and if the right person gets it, the portal is open and don’t be surprised if Walkertown turns the corner and gets back to the playoffs next season.

Reactions: nwguilford007

We were talking about Garrett stepping down last night at the FH/Anson game. He was a former Forest Hills player/Grad. Hope he finds another head coaching job somewhere soon.

Truth of the matter is Walkertown is a great place for football. Some very unsound facts about a coach that was given a job from a hand shake. Just so you know the player's that was at Walkertown were all coached by Mckoy. Mckoy coached 80 percent of the fathers of the student/athletes that transferred. So, before we put the cart to far ahead please know what you are talking about and keep the rhetoric at a minimum. Mr. Mills did not build the program he actually inherited a program that was already playing hard from what Mckoy had build. Let's talk about facts and understand that opinions are good but when you don't know anything that happened within the program, this can be considered ignorance. He stepped down but if any other coach did some of the things he did they would have been fired. I find it so hard to hear the negativity about coaches and not know hardly any of the truth that goes along with it. Facts: Mills tenure he did not win or beat a team with winning record. The 8-2 team he lost in the first round of the playoffs but it seems to me that he gets a pass for that. Another Fact: Mills hired his buddy the old AD as his OC, I wonder why no one talks about that! That AD is now Gone too! "Dread it, run from it... destiny arrives all the same. And now, it's here or should I say I am"
Thanos2023

Last edited:
Truth of the matter is Walkertown is a great place for football. Some very unsound facts about a coach that was given a job from a hand shake. Just so you know the player's that was at Walkertown were all coached by Mckoy. Mckoy coached 80 percent of the fathers of the student/athletes that transferred. So, before we put the cart to far ahead please know what you are talking about and keep the rhetoric at a minimum. Mr. Mills did not build the program he actually inherited a program that was already playing hard from what Mckoy had build. Let's talk about facts and understand that opinions are good but when you don't know anything that happened within the program, this can be considered ignorance. He stepped down but if any other coach did some of the things he did they would have been fired. I find it so hard to hear the negativity about coaches and not know hardly any of the truth that goes along with it. Facts: Mills tenure he did not win or beat a team with winning record. The 8-2 team he lost in the first round of the playoffs but it seems to me that he gets a pass for that. Another Fact: Mills hired his buddy the old AD as his OC, I wonder why no one talks about that! That AD is now Gone too! "Dread it, run from it... destiny arrives all the same. And now, it's here or should I say I am"
Thanos2023
LOL, I believe it is pretty obvious you do not know what inheritance is. If so he inherited a complete dumpster fire. 1-9?????????? let's not act like that is good. Walkertown is a feeder school for east Forsyth, don't believe me go look at last years roster vs this years then compare east. The BEST thing Garrett has ever done is get away from WT a school that clearly doesn't support their football organization. Keep an eye on him coming up the school he lands at next, he will make things happen.

Reactions: FHJackets90
LOL, I believe it is pretty obvious you do not know what inheritance is. If so he inherited a complete dumpster fire. 1-9?????????? let's not act like that is good. Walkertown is a feeder school for east Forsyth, don't believe me go look at last years roster vs this years then compare east. The BEST thing Garrett has ever done is get away from WT a school that clearly doesn't support their football organization. Keep an eye on him coming up the school he lands at next, he will make things happen.
It is obvious you don't know who feeds who. You also have no clue about what is going on. I will not subject myself to your ignorance. The only thing Garrett could have done was get away from WT. Forsyth county is a open enrollment. Where ever he lands, I hope he does well. I wish nothing but the best for the young man. The last I checked WT is also a educational institution which means you also have to teach too. Football is the easy part. Some coaches teach to coach, and if WT is a feeder to East how did a 12 total of West Forsyth, Mount Tabor, Glenn and East best player's in up at Walkertown their 9th and 10th grade year? With all do respect, Garrett had keys to a Ferrari using cheap tires. This issue is dead moving forward! I am very connected to this community. I will not use my reality stone on you, it's not worth it.

It is obvious you don't know who feeds who. You also have no clue about what is going on. I will not subject myself to your ignorance. The only thing Garrett could have done was get away from WT. Forsyth county is a open enrollment. Where ever he lands, I hope he does well. I wish nothing but the best for the young man. The last I checked WT is also a educational institution which means you also have to teach too. Football is the easy part. Some coaches teach to coach, and if WT is a feeder to East how did a 12 total of West Forsyth, Mount Tabor, Glenn and East best player's in up at Walkertown their 9th and 10th grade year? With all do respect, Garrett had keys to a Ferrari using cheap tires. This issue is dead moving forward! I am very connected to this community. I will not use my reality stone on you, it's not worth it.
You have a serious screw loose if you base your comments around a made up Marvel character. You must be commenting from your mom's basement. Seek some professional help. Reality stone?

Reactions: FootballThanos2023
A Thanos screen name? Hilarious. Yes, open enrollment at TW at EF just picks the best apples from the surrounding trees to join. Numerous state Misty Walker is not very competent with athletics, she and the lady in Welcome seem to be first cousins for football.

Reactions: sammyk
A Thanos screen name? Hilarious. Yes, open enrollment at TW at EF just picks the best apples from the surrounding trees to join. Numerous state Misty Walker is not very competent with athletics, she and the lady in Welcome seem to be first cousins for football.
Mr. Brown, you are a good source. You know then! Yes sir, not very competent at all as you would put it. Did you know that the big SE that East had last year went to WT first and they both would not let him view the campus because he asked about the football team...LOL! Mr. Brown have a wonder day!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT