ADVERTISEMENT

Tuscola @ Hibriten rd 1

And...Brosius was the best QB Tuscola has ever seen...no offense to coach Crompton but Brosius was simply on another level, had he never went to baseball he would have been in the NFL eventually.

And...Brosius was the best QB Tuscola has ever seen...no offense to coach Crompton but Brosius was simply on another level, had he never went to baseball he would have been in the NFL eventually.
Had he stayed the course at nc state he would have been there.

Reactions: BlueVols
And should have been there. Those were some fun times.

Some of the most fun years that were ever experienced as a Tuscola fan, I could probably argue some of the brooks years during the Leon Williams era but it was definitely some of the best and most exciting Tuscola football times.

Crompton was great, but he was 0-5 against us because he would always make a back breaking play to kill his team. I don’t know how many plays he had where he fumbled and we returned it for a TD or we pick 6d him etc.
Brosius was a beast. I’m shocked he didn’t really have a football career after HS. He was elite

I can remember the 1979 Mud Bowl when we tied 14 up.
36675026_10214504912274382_4702858493265182720_n.jpg

I find it odd to say but this tuscola team reminds me somewhat of those years on film. Would rather run it but don't care to sling it.

Tuscola gonna be ready to play this Friday! Won't get to make the trip but hopefully it gets streamed!

Goodluck to both teams! Play well and no injuries.
Everyone is now 0-0

I find it odd to say but this tuscola team reminds me somewhat of those years on film. Would rather run it but don't care to sling it.

Tuscola gonna be ready to play this Friday! Won't get to make the trip but hopefully it gets streamed!

Goodluck to both teams! Play well and no injuries.
Everyone is now 0-0
I think we have tried NFHS streams this year but not sure if this game will be on there but I would imagine that Kicks 103.3 will have the radio broadcast of the game

Crompton was great, but he was 0-5 against us because he would always make a back breaking play to kill his team. I don’t know how many plays he had where he fumbled and we returned it for a TD or we pick 6d him etc.
Brosius was a beast. I’m shocked he didn’t really have a football career after HS. He was elite
One of these things is not like the other. Listen I am not a Crompton fan at all. Like there’s a I’m from Pisgah I don’t care for Tuscola side of me. But, then there’s a im from Pisgah and don’t care if Tuscola wins a game with him as the coach side of me that despises it that much worse.
But, I’m going to take up for him. I didn’t like the dude then and I don’t now. But, simply put Crompton was the better athlete, he made back breaking plays because his teams had not near and I mean nowhere near the supporting cast. He had to carry that team a ton, not to mention he was playing much better AHS teams than Brosius did. My Senior year Crompton drug 600 pounds of defender for 8 extra yards for a first down that broke out back. And it wasn’t running through arm tackles he had our two biggest lineman on his back. Plus the dude was a pretty durn good safety.
Now pure arm talent I probably give the nod to Brosius. He was perfect for that team he was smart and could make most every throw. But I’d argue he had better receivers for sure and probably an equal or maybe better O line. But that’s the end of being the better player in my opinion. Brosius was not going to play safety (he didn’t have to his team had more talent) but point be is he couldn’t have. I also always thought he was or would have been a step slow in college. But I can see why most ppl including most Tuscola fans I know think it was Brosius he was perfect for that team. I’d also just give a slight nod to Brosius having a coach that knew how to put him in successful situations a bit more. Not a knock on Coach Nolan’s he was a great coach, but there’s a reason ppl in canton were happy when Keiffer left. (Although I think he knew when to leave but that’s an argument for a separate time)

As far as this game goes, I really don’t know what to think. Depends on which Tuscola shows up? If the come out inspired like the did in late portions of the season I believe they can pull the upset. If the team from the first…I dunno 5 or 6 weeks shows up then the bus driver should just keep it warm. I’m gonna say Tuscola by 7 but I wouldn’t be surprised either way. One of the first years in a long time that the playoffs are starting and I’m not sure about several teams in the mountains. I feel like there are few sure fire teams and then several teams from this area I have no idea if they are any good or not. Lots of inconsistent ball this year in WNC in 3A minus Reynolds and West Henderson.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
Yall gonna give us a scouting report? I have no idea what Hibriten runs.

Good luck tonight! With just a little more going to the neers! Safe travel for everyone and safe playing!
GO BIG T!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT