ADVERTISEMENT

Top 5 4A 2023

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
What is your top 5 way too early 4A picks in 2023.

Last edited:
I might be late to the party but why would Myers Park be ranked in any poll over Butler?
I personally wanna see what they do - they got some new coach n I really like their QB but idk what all they got but I’m sure they will be very good but I like Indy too so

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Myers Park? 3-7 Varsity team and 5-3 JV, to top 5 in the State. That's a stretch! Butler is loaded. I don't know how we will line up this year at the Creek, but we were 8-4, beat Myers Park and our JV was undefeated 9-0.

Last edited:
2023 way to early 4A picks

1. Grimsley
2. New Bern
3. Hillside
4. Independence
5. Weddington & Myers Park tied
New Bern will not be top 5 next year and Hillside Definitely will not be a top 5 4A team. Hillside loses 17 starters and this past season they were senior heavy and it was their best chance to make some noise. Grimsley will be a top 5 4A team though but no so sure about the others just yet.

New Bern will not be top 5 next year and Hillside Definitely will not be a top 5 4A team. Hillside loses 17 starters and this past season they were senior heavy and it was their best chance to make some noise. Grimsley will be a top 5 4A team though but no so sure about the others just yet.
Heard the same thing before last year. Watch out for the Bears to make another run as the offense might top last years.

I also said no way a team that throws the ball 1 time a game would win a State Championship? I ate crow. 😂
Lol, you weren't the only one. It took a while for it to grow on me but it's actually a thing of beauty when run correctly. Plus, no defense or defensive coach wants anything to do with defending it.

• Love
Reactions: ncjeff and dogs79
Myers Park? 3-7 Varsity team and 5-3 JV, to top 5 in the State. That's a stretch! Butler is loaded. I don't know how we will line up this year at the Creek, but we were 8-4, beat Myers Park and our JV was undefeated 9-0.
What is Mallard Creek’s non conference looking like?

Lol, you weren't the only one. It took a while for it to grow on me but it's actually a thing of beauty when run correctly. Plus, no defense or defensive coach wants anything to do with defending it.
Mike Palmieri would've love going against that offense. It was his specialty. Shut down a very talented Elijah Hood of Charlotte Catholic, he was averaging 200+ a game rushing. Final 52-7

Mike Palmieri would've love going against that offense. It was his specialty. Shut down a very talented Elijah Hood of Charlotte Catholic, he was averaging 200+ a game rushing. Final 52-7
We run it a little different than CC. The year you're talking about, Hood had over 3,600 yards rushing. Easier said than done of course, but you just had to focus on him where over here you have to worry about the QB running it or handing off/pitching to 2 other guys that had 1,200 yards rushing or another that had 800 yards rushing. Talking about 4 rushers with over 800 yards rushing. But Mike was/is very competitive and would've welcomed the challenge, no doubt.

Hood was one of the best backs imo to come outta NC. He was a beast at CC and He was a true definition of a Workhorse

Cardinal Gibbons?
Need to replace #45, #99 and #5 and 2 really good WR's and develop a rushing attack. #99 has been one of the most productive defensive players the past few years for them and is a big loss. QB is coming back and they're well coached (as usual) and will contend in the East.

Mallard creek and Dudley shut him down that season. Those were the only two games Charlotte Catholic didn’t win that year. He was definitely one of the best backs I’ve seen.

Mallard Creek will be very good. Lots of depth. Early matchup with Independence will go a long way in dictating the direction of their seasons.

Gimme New Bern though, Great offensive scheme
Do you know who they scheduled? The Indy game will be a good one

Mallard creek and Dudley shut him down that season. Those were the only two games Charlotte Catholic didn’t win that year. He was definitely one of the best backs I’ve seen.
Catholic also lost to NWestern from Rock Hill. Hood had about 150 yards vs NW.

Reactions: New3ra
I also said no way a team that throws the ball 1 time a game would win a State Championship? I ate crow. 😂
Me too. As hard as it is to win it all without passing, winning back to back without passing will be even more difficult. If NB offense is even better that would be very impressive.

One Gaffney schedule I seen, if it hasn’t changed from early season. Shows Gaffney at Crest 8/18 and Gaffney at Mallard Creek 9/8.

Hough will be good, Mallard Creek will be good. Independence will be good as well. Do you think the county AD will be watching these teams and their recruiting after what happened to MP?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT