ADVERTISEMENT

Tell your deer.hunting stories here

Just used them for coyotes…
They work on deer too?
Huh…
My churches choir director posted pictures of her husband last week he killed a 10 pointer and a coyote the same day.
He hunts coyotes all the time and they are huge. I had a big 97lb husky mix dog who coyotes were scared of her because they're usually around 35-40lbs but these are big I really wonder if they're a coyote /wolf hybrid

Reactions: thekidd12
My churches choir director posted pictures of her husband last week he killed a 10 pointer and a coyote the same day.
He hunts coyotes all the time and they are huge. I had a big 97lb husky mix dog who coyotes were scared of her because they're usually around 35-40lbs but these are big I really wonder if they're a coyote /wolf hybrid
Not sure about the hybrid. I have only killed 4 coyotes around here. Do my hunting in daytime and they just happened to wander by. My neighbor has the night time setup and I have been with him just watching. He has got a few that pushed 75.

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
That hybrid is something Dr Fauci would experiment with. Government loves to solve one problem by creating another one. Look at the wolves the Government brought into Yellowstone to thin the elk herds out.

Well want I meant by a hybrid you have the Eastern coyote and the Western coyote. The Western is the smaller I guess more pure breed 20-30 lbs range the Eastern is the hybrid but really more of it's own species now since its been around so long, were Wolves particularly the gray wolf due to a population decrease started breeding with coyotes up in the great lakes they were first noticed around the 1930's and '40's they run around 50-60lbs a 75lbs one would be a monster infact that's the record of the biggest one ever killed. All coyotes arrived in NC in the late '80's.

Reactions: RealStihl
You all have the Red Wolf of in the Cataloochee Valley in Haywood County right? Would they ever cross with your coyote?

You all have the Red Wolf of in the Cataloochee Valley in Haywood County right? Would they ever cross with your coyote?
From what I've read the Red Wolf is listed as critically endangered species. They've tried since the 1980's to keep introducing them into the wild one problem I believe they once in the '90's or early 2000's was them breeding with coyotes among other things. They released 4 adults and 4 pups this past May making 18 known wild ones left but as of October they've found 10 dead over the summer the last one in October was shot and killed by a private land owner who was afraid of it going around his chicken coup, he self reported but I do believe that's illegal shooting a collared endangered species, so only 8 left in the wild and 12-17 in captivity in North Carolina but a few more nationality in captivity. According to the US Fish and Wildlife website...
  • Population Estimateas of October 2021:
    • Known/collared (wild): 8
    • Total estimate (wild): 15-17
    • Species Survival Plan (captive): 241

The only thing I've heard about red wolves is that they might be my Washington Football teams new mascot next year. I sure hope not #HTTR

• Haha
Reactions: Old Mountaineer
My father was a diehard Washington fan a lot of your older man around were when he was young listening to the radio well wherever he could find a radio his parents house didn't have electricity until he got out of the Navy and had it put in along with toilets when he was 19 but then the Redskins was the team that was always on and unlike most people around here who are Braves fans him and a lot of man his generation were LA Dodgers fans because again the baseball team you heard on the radio was the Brooklyn Dodgers.
So he was Redskins my oldest brother was Redskins/Green Bay eventually all Green Bay because he grew up in the early Superbowl years and me and my other older brother the Dallas Cowboys because we grew up in the Roger Staubach days.
Mom got were she didn't want us watching the cowboys and redskins playing in the same house lol.

My father was a diehard Washington fan a lot of your older man around were when he was young listening to the radio well wherever he could find a radio his parents house didn't have electricity until he got out of the Navy and had it put in along with toilets when he was 19 but then the Redskins was the team that was always on and unlike most people around here who are Braves fans him and a lot of man his generation were LA Dodgers fans because again the baseball team you heard on the radio was the Brooklyn Dodgers.
So he was Redskins my oldest brother was Redskins/Green Bay eventually all Green Bay because he grew up in the early Superbowl years and me and my other older brother the Dallas Cowboys because we grew up in the Roger Staubach days.
Mom got were she didn't want us watching the cowboys and redskins playing in the same house lol.
Never a Cowboys fan, but not a hater either. But the way Jones treated Tom Landry was the reason I still pull against them in every game.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Really wish I'd been in my stand yesterday morning. Game cam had a real nice 8 pt that came by about 8:17am to visit 🤦‍♂️

Really wish I'd been in my stand yesterday morning. Game cam had a real nice 8 pt that came by about 8:17am to visit 🤦‍♂️
Got 7 different bucks in picks last three days. One shooter for me and about three for son coming in from Philly late tonight. Only problem is only one daytime pic. Most between 10pm and 3AM…

Got 7 different bucks in picks last three days. One shooter for me and about three for son coming in from Philly late tonight. Only problem is only one daytime pic. Most between 10pm and 3AM…
Those are the easy ones with night vision

• Haha
Great accomplishment. Will be hard to beat. I have taken one in all 3 seasons. Just right place right time. Congratulations
Was lucky enough, or hard headed enough, to stumble across a 160 inch back in 96 on December 6th. Best day ever had though my oldest son got a 16 inch 8 pt one morning about 8 years ago. After dragging, pictures and cleaning he wanted to take a nap that afternoon. I hunted his stand and got a 18 inch 9 point that afternoon.
We both enjoyed that day a lot.

Last edited:
I wrasseled a big 8 pointer this morning outside of Mayberry on Red Brush Rd. Was loading er up in my Silverado when Buzz came screaming by in a dark blue Mustang. He darn near hit me. I dropped the deer in fear only to see some big ole hillbilly in a purple jacked up C10 hit it head on smashing it into creamed deer. I assume that boy in the purple truck was a chasin Buzz.

Last edited:
I wrasseled a big 8 pointer this morning outside of Mayberry on Red Brush Rd. Was loading er up in my Silverado when Buzz came screaming by in a dark blue Mustang. He darn near hit me. I dropped the deer in fear only to see some big ole hillbilly in a purple jacked up C10 hit it head on smashing it into creamed deer. I assume that boy in the purple truck was a chasin Buzz.
This is a cool and funny tale…
But if a man who used “wrassle” in a sentence had an 8 point in hand he would never drop it. And if he did wouldn’t mind a little road rash on a ham…
😂

A6bYCrK6y7jfOi1fxyzTo5GzlN2YZAVhX5yVVyMhFURSckXm111DExUi1yy3OZce5J1WawVTHXWlJusxfTRfB-gWdHdL2ZAWA3wb67YGfoy9TMEp3_j2QlVrKGFCL6qCUFw9bAz2RMjGECRgH41mfQI84EAEtK4Dn5S-71BGjpcIODtij266pgZs5KnVzpbbfLx5apweMLP_AanWyJ7CMcF2PltVag2Aic_iKWgoLHlURINO2e-XViPfYbLEPb0wWI7leCNdtkRB6OSNXgpg2-eIGzREaZJT3qXLoQEoG1T-hfC17c_d644dpHchNrMkdjeQqF-Rui9wwr9W4i5_KFVjTLT_8yho8fnPvSVXWzRgzlG_qx73LvRNwm7hZGjyWN-PV5cnWghX2xNbCMhp7VH72HDRX3CeMXJyZJN6iAm9Vu_J69tAXJy6CvzPIbtGvKv2ITcKW0YkCOR-9hgku2Hc2iHrcKPrjsvFAZODmGSpD3QijPeNsyXVGubu1iV-VQ7PyYR6ueBESmG0i6hXCOJRd1LsAL6-Qx3XQ5K-n8L6GHrlj6xQ5J-u1IlSya0xmu1Zs9OBTmFeqGu0C5IxAY6iSeb_x8JD5PE7ecRdPiDLp0LXTgwrC_2HtSfK-CMhB2rlqn66StGvhfcVn_GImFee6khwh9oVOK49K6xCyvJPdzrZ0fvWrpx0UL16ZKNX9k-nIgoSY3Jei0_aucq3b8KH=w1080-h760-no

I don't hunt deer but I do Woodburn/paint them sometimes.

No wind here to speak of this morning. Heard boys in mountains dealing with gale force. Supposed to be here this afternoon. Put oldest son in honey hole stand. Nothing yet. Just a few shots around. One hunter either missed badly or wanted to make sure rifle had five cartridges in it.
Good luck to all hunters and to the teenagers y’all pulling for…

No wind here to speak of this morning. Heard boys in mountains dealing with gale force. Supposed to be here this afternoon. Put oldest son in honey hole stand. Nothing yet. Just a few shots around. One hunter either missed badly or wanted to make sure rifle had five cartridges in it.
Good luck to all hunters and to the teenagers y’all pulling for…
Only calling for 6 to 7 mph winds for our foothills area. Guess it will jump over us. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT