ADVERTISEMENT

Teams with 300 plus wins since 1980

ourown.....you can believe it or not...but it;s a matter of record....look it up for yourself....Are you from Missouri?? LOL.........

Since 1980:

Richmond County has played 459 games with an 83.3 winning percentage. They have 6 titles and 6 appearances.

Shelby has played 480 games with a 77.99 winning percentage. They have 8 championship titles and 13 appearances.

Thomasville has played 473 games with a 77.4 winning percentage. They have 7 titles and 10 appearances.

AL Brown has played 451 games with an 80 winning percentage. They have 2 titles and 5 appearances.

SW Onslow has played 462 games with a 77.92 winning percentage. They have had 4 titles and 6 appearances.

The reason Shelby has only 8 less wins is due to the fact that we have had such deep playoff runs for those 35 years. We have played 21 more playoff games than them. The reason we have more losses is due to our difficult regular season schedule that has us playing up 1 or 2 classifications.

From 80-96, Shelby lost 24 3A regular season games....that's while we were 3A.
From 97-2014, Shelby has lost 6 regular season 2A games (in 18 years)....that's since we've been 2A.
48 of our losses have been to higher classifications across those 35 years and 27 were playoff losses that ended our playoff runs.

Since 1997 we average 0.33% losses a year to 2A regular season opponents.

If you throw out the 48 losses to higher classification teams, our winning is 86.7%. The only reason we don't blow Richmond County's doors off is because we play up in classification all the time. They NEVER play up!

98 you do have a point this time. I did notice Independence, Crest, Shelby, and Mallard Creek(even Catholic), have all played up and scheduled tougher out of state competition(mostly SC Big 16 teams) in the past. They all took the losses, but at least they played those hard games. I've never seen Richmond(I wouldn't count Marlboro as playing up, I dont think Butler has scheduled higher level of competition either) doing that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT