ADVERTISEMENT

Sumter SC Assistant Job

Deana_King

Staff
May 31, 2001
Sumter High School (Sumter SC) is looking for an Assistant Coach with a PE certification for defensive backs, linebackers, or outside linebackers, whichever is the best fit. The supplement range is $14,700 to $17,700 on top of the Sumter School district teacher pay scale. We are looking to make the hire before May 10th. If interested, please contact Head Football Coach Mark Barnes at paul.barnes@sumterschools.net.

I say until the GA starts paying NC teachers and coaches they deserve to lose bright young teachers and coaches, and old and experienced ones as well.
Sammy, that $14,000-$17,000 for a position coach is more that most head coaches make in NC?

• Sad
Reactions: btango
Sammy, that $14,000-$17,000 for a position coach is more that most head coaches make in NC?
Ok I have been a head coach in several counties, one was Wake and the top of the head coaches pay scale is about $7500 in Wake. Forsyth is about $7,000 maybe now if you do the weight room its over $10,000. Johnston is about $8500-$9,000. So nowhere close to a paid assistant in SC. So I say if you can get out of NC then get out, hell Virginia pays more

Do you really actually care about coaches if you think advertising opportunities to potentially financially benefit them and their family is a bad thing?
Oh I care, which is why I think NC needs to buck up and be more competitive with pay.
I also care about our schools doing well in athletics, which is why I want to keep our good coaches....
But, advertising other states coaching vacancies on an NC board is laughable, imo.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
The more teachers and coaches that leave the system for better paying jobs out of state or in the private sector is what it will take for pay changes to be implemented. Increasing income for teachers in the first ten years but doing very little, if nothing, for those in the system longer shows the mindset.

Reactions: smashmouth5
$14,000-$17,000 is more than most coaches in SC make also. Sumter pays their assistant coaches around double the average amount for the state.

Take that up with school boards not someone trying to help others. Complaining on here doesn't help if your not going to school board meetings and voicing the same concerns to them.
We've talked to local leaders and school board officials over the years, nothing seems to ever get done when the ball is in their court though.....

The HC in Sumter is a well known Coach from NC who retired and moved South. So the post on a NC board is not out of the bounds in my humble opinion. As far as plenty of coaches to hire in SC, one would be surprised at the number of quality assistants to choose from, especially with experience.

Reactions: PagePirates44
$14,000-$17,000 is more than most coaches in SC make also. Sumter pays their assistant coaches around double the average amount for the state.
Depends on the school. I know about 12 years ago, a SC school down 85 south, had a person make over 10k just to film games and practices, nothing else, just film. The head coach told us, they pay the assistant coaches very well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT