ADVERTISEMENT

Southern Lee at Eastern Randolph

Chute Boxe Hero

Aug 11, 2005
Could be an interesting one in Ramseur this Friday......

I'm not sure what to expect from the Cavaliers. SL used to be pretty decent around 2010. Seems like they've fallen on hard times since then. I know that Coach Cates (both of them) is very familiar with them from their days at Lee Senior.

I'm not sure what to expect from the Cavaliers. SL used to be pretty decent around 2010. Seems like they've fallen on hard times since then. I know that Coach Cates (both of them) is very familiar with them from their days at Lee Senior.
I know nothing about Southern Lee but we know ER! ER will take care of business.

Know they are 2-0.
Know they are 3A.
Know they have averaged 40 some points those first two games.
Other than that should be a cakewalk 😂

Know they are 2-0.
Know they are 3A.
Know they have averaged 40 some points those first two games.
Other than that should be a cakewalk 😂
Exactly.🤣

Just because you have Eastern in your school name and you are one of the most Eastern schools in the Western NC district doesn't mean we don't expect you to represent this side of the line well.😄

Need to get rid of predetermined east/west line
BK in the past, as I have posted before, Eastern Randolph never knew which way they were going until brackets came out for each sport. Baby boy’s sophomore year played First Flight in baseball. Junior year ended up playing Lincolnton In football. At least this way high schools in middle of state know which way to point activity bus if they have to travel. ER baseball this past spring traveled all over the western part of NC before coming back to play Charter in semis.
I say all that to say it’s probably not perfect but does give high schools an idea which part of state they have to contend with to start.

BK in the past, as I have posted before, Eastern Randolph never knew which way they were going until brackets came out for each sport. Baby boy’s sophomore year played First Flight in baseball. Junior year ended up playing Lincolnton In football. At least this way high schools in middle of state know which way to point activity bus if they have to travel. ER baseball this past spring traveled all over the western part of NC before coming back to play Charter in semis.
I say all that to say it’s probably not perfect but does give high schools an idea which part of state they have to contend with to start.
If you were say in the east certain teams would not have to play your big school.

I didn't say to put ER in the east boy.
Predetermined lines make the east weak. It's already weaker than water. Eastern side is around 530 while west is much larger schools. I think it need to be the bottom 64 then split it up. That way East and West is near the same size schools.
Nobody is worried about MA or ER in the big picture. I worry about Tarboro and Murphy.

Reactions: curtiscummings1
I didn't say to put ER in the east boy.
Predetermined lines make the east weak. It's already weaker than water. Eastern side is around 530 while west is much larger schools. I think it need to be the bottom 64 then split it up. That way East and West is near the same size schools.
Nobody is worried about MA or ER in the big picture. I worry about Tarboro and Murphy.
Thanks for clearing that up BK…
What would that do to travel between schools of like size?
I really do not know. Would Murphy go to Manteo? Exaggerating but not sure how logistics would look.

No no.
Still have east and west just determine the east/west line after the teams are determined.
Like we always have until the last two years.

Now we determine the east/west line before hand. All that does is make the east even weaker. Tarboro has it made. They don't have to battle ER. MA, lil Rville, Murphy, Thomasville, Draughn, Mitchell, MH, and Swain.

They Cruze into the Ship healthy. Big advantage.

P.S. it would be fun though if we got rid of East/West line but not realistic as you said.

Last edited:
Pretty good so far. He's got a nice set of wheels on him. Ran for the game-winning TD against Asheboro.
Shhhh…
When I see you we need to have a talk about being cryptic and secretive…
They gonna know EVERYTHING about ER before playoffs you keep this up!
And yet I guarantee someone will say “we don’t know anything about East Randolph” come playoff time.

Well from what I saw last night: SL likes to run the ball A LOT.
Defense not super great against the pass.
And finally stay away from their sideline when on defense because coaches and fans want a flag on every play.

See Chute that’s how you give a synopsis of a game next day! Said some stuff but not really 👍

OK your recaps are much better 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: sbbbfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT