ADVERTISEMENT

South Point vs Dudley Regional Final

Ok.... Trolling getting a little weird now... Shelby def plays the most difficult sched in 2A most years... And beat 3A and sometimes 4A teams literally every year... AC Reynolds and Crest being a couple...

What makes you say Shelby can't stop the run? A rivalry game with Crest? Which they won? I need some actual evidence on this because they haven't given up alot of points this year, and when EG scored 28 they were giving up over 60 points... Twice. Only scored 15 the second game. Asking for a friend...

Last edited:
Lol, I am glad you said,”most years” because all the blow outs I don’t believe are against top notch opponents, “this year”.
Seems like I remember seeing South Point beat them several times and pretty sure Kings Mountain and Credt have all done the same. 🤔🤔🤔

You can look back and Max Preps will show you…..

Should be a great game between WRH and Shelby. That stout never seen before Defense I’ve been hearing about against an offense that can just flat out run the ball.

• Haha
Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Oh, I thought we were talking non conference. Which is always loaded. Everyone knows Shelby's conference is garbage this year. Not their fault, you don't choose your conference. The only team they lost to was a SC power that just won SC 4A. Again... Evidence?

Like I said before, should be a good game. Shelby definitely favored but WRH has a punchers chance.

😂😂 That never seen before “D” got blown up in that game. Then Burns about beat the Shelby team.
It’s all good, really I am ready for Rose v Dudley.
That Dudley “D” vs the Rose powerful, fast running game. Those guys deliver a blow and run angry, truly impressive if you like a running attack.

Burns is a rivalry game... Crest a rivalry... SP a rivalry... KM a rivalry... Cleveland County opponents tend to give Shelby more than other schools. I'm sure you've noticed that in your research on maxpreps... I don't consider losing to the SC perennial state powerhouse evidence of a weak D... But anyway. On to Dudley and Rose. This thread is a dead horse now and I am giving it enough heart electricity at this point 😂

@theTRUEdynasty you can take it from here...

Last edited:
Burns is a rivalry game... Crest a rivalry... SP a rivalry... KM a rivalry... Cleveland County opponents tend to give Shelby more than other schools. I'm sure you've noticed that in your research on maxpreps... I don't consider losing to the SC perennial state powerhouse evidence of a weak D... But anyway. On to Dudley and Rose. This thread is a dead horse now and I am giving it enough heart electricity at this point 😂
👍

😂😂 That never seen before “D” got blown up in that game. Then Burns about beat the Shelby team.
It’s all good, really I am ready for Rose v Dudley.
That Dudley “D” vs the Rose powerful, fast running game. Those guys deliver a blow and run angry, truly impressive if you like a running attack.
That plays into the DBoyz hands! Those three anchors not moving. We wish a mutha would run that ball 🤣🤣

• Haha
Rose
Statesville
Jacksonville
Eastern Alamance
Lee County
Scotland County
South Point
Crest
Terry Sanford
Havelock
Probably Burns if they had another shot that game was 16-14 but I’m sure there is some huge excuse for why it was so close.

Go ahead now tell me why none of these teams could beat Shelby…..
Shelby beat Kings Mountain 37-14, Kings Mountain beat South Point 24-7, Plus Crest. Their only loss was to 4AAAA South Carolina Champs South Pointe 51-37. Plus they defeated 4A Asheville A.C. Reynolds. Maxpreps has Shelby #17 overall in all Classes, other than Cardinal Gibbons, Cleveland Co. and Rolesville none of your list of Eastern NC teams are ahead of them on that RANKING!

The SP@Dudley game is over and the Red Raiders got badly trounced.

If you folks want to talk about Shelby and whether they can play well against or beat Dudley, Rose, Wallace Rose Hill, they have multiple topics on this subject on the 2A boards. BTW, the W/L/T between Shelby and their annual county foes, Burns (34 -16-0); Crest (28-21-1, including 5 of the last 6 games) and Kings Mountain (72-18-7) , as well as sometime foe SP (40-17-0).

If you folks want to talk about Shelby and whether they can play well against or beat Dudley, Rose, Wallace Rose Hill, they have multiple topics on this subject on the 2A boards. BTW, the W/L/T between Shelby and their annual county foes, Burns (34 -16-0); Crest (28-21-1, including 5 of the last 6 games) and Kings Mountain (72-18-7) , as well as sometime foe SP (40-17-0).
Ok

Threads get off topic all the time

Shelby, Shelby, Shelby, that’s all I hear….
News Flash, they don’t play a difficult schedule.

yes, statesville would beat them also….
Tell Statesville AD and Coach to schedule the game then. Statesville is what we call paper Champs. Sure athlete for athlete they match up perfectly to Shelby. Well if they're so good Whats stopping them from scheduling a home and home series with Shelby. I don't wanna hear about them until they step up there non conference schedule.

Or what's stopping Shel Goes both
Tell Statesville AD and Coach to schedule the game then. Statesville is what we call paper Champs. Sure athlete for athlete they match up perfectly to Shelby. Well if they're so good Whats stopping them from scheduling a home and home series with Shelby. I don't wanna hear about them until they step up there non conference schedule.
I think we proved how good we are when we played Dudley tough. What other 3A opponents played Dudley that tough? As far as reaching out to Shelby, why doesn't Shelby reach out to us?You obviously no nothing about Statesville being a formidable opponent back in the day and trying now to get back to that hiatus. Then again maybe you are just a paper poster?🤣🤣🤣You do know a about
a 1990 3A championship game against Burlington Cummings and couple of other western 3A finals. Bottom line the Hounds don't have a D****MN Thang to prove to you or anyone else. As far you not wanting to hear about them I guess the question is : Whatcha' gonna' do about it tough guy?😄😄😄😄😄

Or what's stopping Shel Goes both

I think we proved how good we are when we played Dudley tough. What other 3A opponents played Dudley that tough? As far as reaching out to Shelby, why doesn't Shelby reach out to us?You obviously no nothing about Statesville being a formidable opponent back in the day and trying now to get back to that hiatus. Then again maybe you are just a paper poster?🤣🤣🤣You do know a about
a 1990 3A championship game against Burlington Cummings and couple of other western 3A finals. Bottom line the Hounds don't have a D****MN Thang to prove to you or anyone else. As far you not wanting to hear about them I guess the question is : Whatcha' gonna' do about it tough guy?😄😄😄😄😄
Lol you a clown. How many football state titles do Statesville have by the way?? Just curious

Clown? If we had won any state ships' of course I would have mentioned them idiot. Obviously you measure the success of a program based on how many titles it has won, correct? Also you are not aware of the Powercross program in Statesville. How dense and close minded you are. You could never be a coach or a leader. Basically what you are saying is that championships mean more than life skills and character. I am not surprised. I guess this means we will not be getting your gate money at any of our games next year!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😅🤣

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: Kylar2018
Lighten up fellas, you can have a heated discussion without all the foul language.

Clown? If we had won any state ships' of course I would have mentioned them idiot. Obviously you measure the success of a program based on how many titles it has won, correct? Also you are not aware of the Powercross program in Statesville. How dense and close minded you are. You could never be a coach or a leader. Basically what you are saying is that championships mean more than life skills and character. I am not surprised. I guess this means we will not be getting your gate money at any of our games next year!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😅🤣
I remember my dad taking me to see Statesville vs. Crest like mid 80s. It was a freaking downpour. I was thinking yall won it all that year....how far did Statesville go that year?

Sorry Gettin Blazed,
but there is no way that Statesville would beat Shelby or Crest. We already know what Kings Mountain does to Statesville when they meet. Be satisfied with the Greyhounds being king of the baby pool, stay away from the deep end…

I remember my dad taking me to see Statesville vs. Crest like mid 80s. It was a freaking downpour. I was thinking yall won it all that year....how far did Statesville go that year?
I can't remember but I can find out.

Sorry Gettin Blazed,
but there is no way that Statesville would beat Shelby or Crest. We already know what Kings Mountain does to Statesville when they meet. Be satisfied with the Greyhounds being king of the baby pool,

Sorry Gettin Blazed,
but there is no way that Statesville would beat Shelby or Crest. We already know what Kings Mountain does to Statesville when they meet. Be satisfied with the Greyhounds being king of the baby pool, stay away from the deep end…
Hey Run-Down Corner naught-naught didn't you make the prediction that the Dudley Statesville game would be over at halftime? LOL Your predictions are as bad as the My Pillow idiot's! What's next on your pathetic predictions? Maybe JFk showing up at one the championship games this weekend?🤣🤣🤣 Gimme' a break!!🤣🤣🤣

Hey Run-Down Corner naught-naught didn't you make the prediction that the Dudley Statesville game would be over at halftime? LOL Your predictions are as bad as the My Pillow idiot's! What's next on your pathetic predictions? Maybe JFk showing up at one the championship games this weekend?🤣🤣🤣 Gimme' a break!!🤣🤣🤣
Dudley had over 400yds of offense and 200yds in penalties against Statesville. Those penalty yards are why you guys were able to boast about a moral victory lol. Some of that Iredell County officiating kept you around. Statesville had about 50yds of offense in the first half and were in desperation mode when they got most of their yards. Truth be told the game was basically over at halftime because y’all never threatened them. I respect Statesville’s athletes but beating up on that weak schedule every year scares absolutely no one else around the state.

Reactions: Kylar2018
Dudley had over 400yds of offense and 200yds in penalties against Statesville. Those penalty yards are why you guys were able to boast about a moral victory lol. Some of that Iredell County officiating kept you around. Statesville had about 50yds of offense in the first half and were in desperation mode when they got most of their yards. Truth be told the game was basically over at halftime because y’all never threatened them. I respect Statesville’s athletes but beating up on that weak schedule every year scares absolutely no one else around the state.

Perfectly Said bro. Paper Champs love talking but RUN from competition. Can't make this up lmao

Reactions: shutdownD24
Statesville is a good program. Like North Davidson. A consistent team that is not a 3A powerhouse. Always close but no cigar.

I remember good games with them in 2011-12. We were small 4A and they were a very good 3A team that lost in the regionals to champ Catholic. My impression in both wins, other than Shy Tuttle destroyed them, was that they were very athletic and quick. But our lines were better and we won the trenches where it matters.

Dudley has the line and the skill. And the defense. And the special teams. And the coaching. And the tradition. And the history. A seriously hard combo to beat...

Statesville is a good program. Like North Davidson. A consistent team that is not a 3A powerhouse. Always close but no cigar.

I remember good games with them in 2011-12. We were small 4A and they were a very good 3A team that lost in the regionals to champ Catholic. My impression in both wins, other than Shy Tuttle destroyed them, was that they were very athletic and quick. But our lines were better and we won the trenches where it matters.

Dudley has the line and the skill. And the defense. And the special teams. And the coaching. And the tradition. And the history. A seriously hard combo

Yall had a solid squad that year!

You know. And you guys did too, albeit a young one. If only we didn't have one bad quarter against Porter Ridge...

Dudley 2013 vs ND 2012 would have been a great game. Moseley would be the difference.

I will say this. When you guys kicked our ass in 2013 I was amazed when Kennedy McCoy outran your D for a 75 yard TD. That told me how good he was before he set all our career rushing records.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT