Sept. 8 - at Hibriten
Sept. 15 - Stuart Cramer
Sept. 22 - at Hunter Huss
Sept. 29 - at Crest
Oct. 6 - Kings Mountain
Oct. 13 - Ashbrook
Oct. 20 - at Forestview
Oct. 27 - North Gaston

For the first time since 1972 South Point and East Gaston will not play this year. They have played every year since EG was formed in 1972. Inside scoop is that SP refused to schedule EG in basketball this year and now in turn EG has refused to schedule SP for football.

South Point
Aug. 18 - at Lincolnton
Aug. 25 - OFF
Sept. 1 - at Charlotte Christian
Sept. 8 - at Hibriten
Sept. 15 - Stuart Cramer
Sept. 29 - at Crest
Oct. 6 - Kings Mountain
Oct. 13 - Ashbrook
Oct. 20 - at Forestview
Oct. 27 - North Gaston

For the first time since 1972 South Point and East Gaston will not play this year. They have played every year since EG was formed in 1972. Inside scoop is that SP refused to schedule EG in basketball this year and now in turn EG has refused to schedule SP for football.
That's a shame. I know the rivalry was one sided but the Red Raiders and Warriors should play every year. Nothing like adults using kids to say I'll show you.

Charlotte Christian and Hibriten are upgrades to the Non-conference schedule. I hope these games help the Raiders prepare for the conference season.

I hate East Gaston hasn’t been able to put a more competitive team on the field. As close as the schools are in proximity it a shame the rivalry has ended for now. “All good things got to come to an end, it’s the same with the wild wood weed.”

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I hate it....makes no sense. Might be short lived, we will probably end up in the same conference in the next realignment.

Huss will probably be Huss again this year. Talent but no discipline. I think discipline has been their downfall since McCoy left.

Let’s be honest - This area is extremely competitive so It’s easy to know why some schools are better other when your successful I go there , Hunter Huss was good bc they had right coach bc I’m sure some kids went to Huss during tho yr but one they fell off - I mean SP is prob most consistent- Forestview, Ashbrook, SC are all decent but North/East Gaston and Huss and all aren’t very good

This happens everywhere

South Point
Aug. 18 - at Lincolnton
Aug. 25 - OFF
Sept. 1 - at Charlotte Christian
Sept. 8 - at Hibriten
Sept. 15 - Stuart Cramer
Sept. 29 - at Crest
Oct. 6 - Kings Mountain
Oct. 13 - Ashbrook
Oct. 20 - at Forestview
Oct. 27 - North Gaston

Solid schedule- CC, Hibriten and Crest/KM ofc will be bigger games

Let’s be honest - This area is extremely competitive so It’s easy to know why some schools are better other when your successful I go there , Hunter Huss was good bc they had right coach bc I’m sure some kids went to Huss during tho yr but one they fell off - I mean SP is prob most consistent- Forestview, Ashbrook, SC are all decent but North/East Gaston and Huss and all aren’t very good

This happens everywhere
East Gaston has the athletes. Always have but have struggled to get them on the field. Accompanied by the lack of good football leadership the program has struggled. I think they have their guy now. I see them continuing to get better.

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
East Gaston has the athletes. Always have but have struggled to get them on the field. Accompanied by the lack of good football leadership the program has struggled. I think they have their guy now. I see them continuing to get better.
Never said they didn’t have athlete it’s just that area is competitive- It’s kinda team went from Hickory to freedom now it’s back hickory bc It’s all about success so When u win it’s attractive so if I live closer to SP but still live in EG it’s a easy choice to pick SP

Never said they didn’t have athlete it’s just that area is competitive- It’s kinda team went from Hickory to freedom now it’s back hickory bc It’s all about success so When u win it’s attractive so if I live closer to SP but still live in EG it’s a easy choice to pick SP
Stuart Cramer takes far more kids from EG than SP. Half of Mt. Holly is zoned to go to SC.

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
Huss will probably be Huss again this year. Talent but no discipline. I think discipline has been their downfall since McCoy left.
Huss had a problem with discipline the first couple season from the upperclassmen not liking the change. Last season was a far cry from lack of discipline. Huss has a lot of their skills coming back, replacing 3 out of 5 on the o line. Lack of interior depth is weak point. I felt they proved they could play with anyone until the heffers got winded.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT