ADVERTISEMENT

SMC JV week 1

BlackKnightPride23

Sep 2, 2022
JV games start Tomorrow How are the teams looking. I know Robbinsville got 1 or 2 big boys but thats about it on the line. Heard they also got some speed to them this year

RV will be fast compared to most seasons but not overly big. Allison is in nly a 8th grader.
He broke K. Odom's middle school track record

Swain may have 25 kids total. Not a whole lot of size but in the MH scrimmage their RBs looked real impressive. Probably won’t matter too much since in that same scrimmage they snapped the ball over the QBs head 6 times in a row at one point. If they can get some rhythm goin their RBs might be able to carry them to some Ws.

I have heard neither Madison or Owen have enough players for a JV team. All the Asheville area schools are being plucked by the private schools in the Asheville area. Could be true? Could be just a rumor? Who knows.

But both Andrews and Hayesville will play each other tonight as a non conference game

Reactions: BK13T-$
Robbinsville 14
MTN Heritage 00 or 06. Scoreboard not working?
Halftime

Reactions: mhhs94
I was. Only at the game until halftime.
Looked like we needed to clean up the flags.

I was. Only at the game until halftime.
Looked like we needed to clean up the flags.
Got worse after halftime. But QB went down on last play before halftime so we had a lot of false start penalties in second half.

Robbinsville 20-14 final. Robbinsville QB likely out for year with broke arm.
Hate to hear that, Robbinsville must have a pretty good JV team this year as Heritages bunch is supposed to be really good, hope the kid makes a full recovery

Swain 20
Rosman 14
I wasn't at the game but apparently they stayed under center on offense, which is good.
Rosman went up 14-0 in the first half, which is not good.
Idk what Rosman has this yr but im assuming that this may be a long season for Swain JVs.

Last edited:
Swain 20
Rosman 14
I wasn't at the game but apparently they stayed under center on offense, which is good.
Rosman went up 14-0 in the first half, which is not good.
Idk what Rosman has this yr but im assuming that this may be along season for Swain JVs.

Old school veer instead of the shotgun option stuff???

Only beating Rosman by 6 should be counted as a loss

Only beating Rosman by 6 should be counted as a loss
Hopefully they now see what it's going to take to win, they held Rosman scoreless after the half and came back to win. The RBs I saw in the scrimmage looked sweet and willing to make contact so maybe they just get it rolling as the season progresses/they wear down opposing teams as the game progresses.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT