ADVERTISEMENT

SMAC 2015

smashmouth5

Aug 25, 2001
Here we are on July 1st, so I thought we would see everybody's take on the upcoming season.

I'll go with this for early conference prediction...
1-Crest
2-Shelby
3-Kings Mtn.
4-Burns
5-RS Central
6-Chase
7-East Rutherford
8-East Burke
9-Draughn

4-7 could jump around pretty quick depending on numbers and health. The final game of the year will decide conference champ again and it will be a monster like last year. My sleeper team is Kings Mtn. Will be interesting to see how their changes will impact them.

Last edited:
Smashmouth yours looks pretty good but I am going to flip Burns and RS.Shelby has a lot to replace so they could have some early tough going.

I like it smashmouth. However, the conference champ should be 8-3 or 7-4.

I thinks 1-4 looks pretty accurate. The team that wins the conference I think will be undefeated or one loss. 5-9 could be in any order. Agree about KM.

Pretty fair ranking Smash. The Dogs are gonna be better this year. Based on last year we will be picked to be a middle of the pack team in the SMAC by most everyone. I can see that changing on the field. Alot of young players asked to step up last year and will now be "seasoned" juniors. I love the energy i have seen at practice and at the Polk 7 on 7. We are short on coaches but hopefully can fill a couple of spots there soon...but i will say the coaches we have are working their butts off.

So what is going on at KM that makes them the county sleeper?

Reactions: burnsbulldogtweeter
Lion why would you flip R S and Burns . What do you know about R S that would make you think they will finish ahead of the Bulldogs
The only reason being is a couple years ago RS had a really good middle school team that beat everybody but Shelby and Shelby was really good but barely beat them.I figured some of those players are up there now.

The only reason being is a couple years ago RS had a really good middle school team that beat everybody but Shelby and Shelby was really good but barely beat them.I figured some of those players are up there now.
Thats a good point. But i will say you cant judge Burns by their middle school program . Some of burns better teams really did not have good middle school records , during the Littlejohn Ramsey years at the M S we had a 500. record . We are thin at a lot of spots but we have some really good players. If we can stay healthy we will finish in the top 4

If Burns had the seniors that have left they might have a chance at 1st or second.

If Burns had the seniors that have left they might have a chance at 1st or second.

Really? That is an insult to our returning players, we still have some talent back. Is it good enough to beat Crest and Shelby? I wouldn't bet on it but not a lot of teams can beat them. It is also even more so an insult to Crest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lawn12Dog

RS jv went 5 and 5.
One of them would have really helped us this year but so would our all conference corner that was recruited over to Shelby. Twitter i really think this was more of a shot at Crest . We are used to it. Next man up and we just play with what we have.

I look forward to seeing you again .Seadog ..my ..friend....Don't bet the house .....7 on 7 's .......We could be a 2 headed monster.....Do you know what TRE will do if there is not 8 or 9 in the box ?
Gonna get ugly for a lot of teams.........Just saying.......

chargerbacker, coon/seadog, shs...How are yall looking in 7 on 7s? We have had two. One with polk/pisgah, and tonight with lincolnton/blacksburg. At polk our offense was rolling...leslie himself had 4 tds. Tonight it was the D's turn. Our secondary did not give up a single score. Thats pretty impressive when you look at all the athletes they have. L came close several times but we held. As usual they will make some noise in 2A. ..watkins and james are looking good at corner. Offense looked great at times and struggled some but still managed several scores.

I know its hard to get excited about two hand tag football but its all we got unitl the Jambo...which will be here before you know it.

The lions did really well in the Cam Newton 7 on 7 and made it to the championship round and beat some good teams along the way.

Shelby plays East Lincoln in the first round up at Erwin next week in their 7 on 7 tournament. Should be a good test for both.

chargerbacker, coon/seadog, shs...How are yall looking in 7 on 7s? We have had two. One with polk/pisgah, and tonight with lincolnton/blacksburg. At polk our offense was rolling...leslie himself had 4 tds. Tonight it was the D's turn. Our secondary did not give up a single score. Thats pretty impressive when you look at all the athletes they have. L came close several times but we held. As usual they will make some noise in 2A. ..watkins and james are looking good at corner. Offense looked great at times and struggled some but still managed several scores.

I know its hard to get excited about two hand tag football but its all we got unitl the Jambo...which will be here before you know it.

Haven't had any yet, ldog. We did win the southeast US region chop blocking tournament though, on both sides of the ball.

Sea does chop blocking cause cramps ?
Look you found a friend in seadog. Enjoy the cellar LD. We're going to give Burns a worse beating than we give SP. It won't be as much fun though, they're actually fielding a varsity football team.

Sea does chop blocking cause cramps ?

Why LD, it sure does. Those Crest boys cramp up just thinking about it. You say chop, they flinch. You say block, they drop. Between my Raiders and your Bulldogs, I think rulz is gonna get his little feelings hurt this year.

well look who just crawled out from under their rock ....its Rulz. No cellar for the Dogs this year. I can promise you that .

SHS, yes sir we have two. We don't like getting any one of them winded running in plays on those 16 play drives.
LOl,you might as well run in 3 and make two more parents in the stands happy that their kid is on the field.

Reactions: seadog28
Had a touch football game against Charlotte Christian. Mid line, inside and outside veer looked good. I was very perplexed about why everyone was pissed off. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT