ADVERTISEMENT

Scores Week 1

Yeah, I just checked 3 different sites with NC football scores and it has Thomasville won 51-23.
So is Thomasville Down or Albemarle improved?
Yeah I see that and I’m not sure how they messed up so bad. And Thomasville is down bad. The offensive line can’t block ANYONE and without Dickerson they have no playmaker.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Alleghany was down 28 to 14 at midfield with only 2min 30sec left in game. They score with under a minute left like 50 some seconds I believe. Convert the onside kick. Then have a 4th down and 4 and convert that. Then on a 25 yard pass to the endzone score with 2 seconds left. Went for 2 and the win and our rb dove over the goal line to put us ahead. Then squib kick and made the tackle for the win. Great job Trojans!

Yeah I see that and I’m not sure how they messed up so bad. And Thomasville is down bad. The offensive line can’t block ANYONE and without Dickerson they have no playmaker.

Hopefully they get better as the season goes. O-line, d-line and secondary were my biggest concerns of improvement in the offseason.

Alleghany was down 28 to 14 at midfield with only 2min 30sec left in game. They score with under a minute left like 50 some seconds I believe. Convert the onside kick. Then have a 4th down and 4 and convert that. Then on a 25 yard pass to the endzone score with 2 seconds left. Went for 2 and the win and our rb dove over the goal line to put us ahead. Then squib kick and made the tackle for the win. Great job Trojans!

Your write up doesn't do it justice.. just watched that ending on NFHS it was insane. That QB's throw couldn't have been any better and that RB's run was so ballsy. It coulda easily backfired but he wouldn't be denied.

Reminds me a ton of my senior year vs East Surry. We were down 32 and came back and won the same way. When a team believes and finds chances and momentum they are hard to beat. Yall def were.

Huge congrats! I think you all will surprise a lot of folks this year.

Between the scrimmage and last night I would say in my time I've never seen worse run blocking from a Murphy o-line. Murphy has a huge line but they can't block anybody, this same group was the best o-line in the conference on JV in my opinion. I said it at the beginning of last season and I'll say it again now, Murphy's biggest current issue is they need someone that truly knows line play to coach the line and they just don't have that person on staff right now. It really doesn't matter what level of skill talent they have or don't have moving forward (and make no mistake they don't have the same level of skill talent they had last season), Murphy will not be truly contending again until that is resolved.

And I mean no disrespect but that was not a great or even good Franklin team that Murphy lost to. I would say that's probably a 5 win Franklin team and talent wise certainly not as strong as the Franklin team that beat Murphy last year. Murphy was just that poor last night and the schedule only gets harder from here.

Last edited:
Between the scrimmage and last night I would say in my time I've never seen worse run blocking from a Murphy o-line. Murphy has a huge line but they can't block anybody, this same group was the best o-line in the conference on JV in my opinion. I said it at the beginning of last season and I'll say it again now, Murphy's biggest current issue is they need someone that truly knows line play to coach the line and they just don't have that person on staff right now. It really doesn't matter what level of skill talent they have or don't have moving forward (and make no mistake they don't have the same level of skill talent they had last season), Murphy will not be truly contending again until that is resolved.

And I mean no disrespect but that was not a great or even good Franklin team that Murphy lost to. I would say that's probably a 5 win Franklin team and talent wise certainly not as strong as the Franklin team that beat Murphy last year. Murphy was just that poor last night and the schedule only gets harder from here.
I'm not saying this is their issue I haven't seen them but I've seen teams with huge lineman before that couldn't block, sometimes because they where just big but slow but most the time it would be poor technique coming straight out up of their stance etc. Ive seen Mitchell a few years ago had a big line but the best blocker was the smallest one because he had great technique and wasn't just relying on his size.

Heard both teams looked pretty bad. WC will be lucky to beat West Wilkes this year. They seem to get worse every year. Maybe the boys from Millers Creek can finally pull one out! They need to.
Didn’t get to go watch this one, I highly doubt west will pull one out on them this year. Don’t think they have enough offense yet to play keep away.

This has nothing to do with the game itself (Franklin sadly is just the better team right now and they just whooped Murphy the other night), but the FYN crew is wrong about Franklin leading the overall series 15-6. They lead the last 21 games 15-6 (16-6 in the last 22 now after last Friday), but the overall series goes back many decades and Murphy actually leads it overall. Not sure the exact numbers, and Franklin is undoubtedly closing in, but I’m pretty sure Murphy leads it overall. Since 1986, Franklin leads 19-18, but the series goes back way further than that. They have been playing each other since at least the 60s and both used to be 2a SMC members at one point.

Reactions: BK13T-$
My apologies next time I'll contact you first so you can tell me what game it reminds you of from your career so I can make it so much better

Wow dude really? Your offended over that? That's freaking hilarious. Bless your heart.

Your trying SO HARD to get a rise out of me. You know better, don't do it :).

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712

Murphy could be in for the first losing season in many years. May not win but one non conference game (New faith christian out of GA). May only win (2) conference games. Talent level has really fallen off at Murphy. The way I see it a 3-7 season is not out of the question unless they get the ship righted ASAP...

Commerce who they are playing this week defeated the #1 ranked team in SC Friday. So the work is cut out for the dogs this week,

Last edited:
Reactions: mbdfan
This has nothing to do with the game itself (Franklin sadly is just the better team right now and they just whooped Murphy the other night), but the FYN crew is wrong about Franklin leading the overall series 15-6. They lead the last 21 games 15-6 (16-6 in the last 22 now after last Friday), but the overall series goes back many decades and Murphy actually leads it overall. Not sure the exact numbers, and Franklin is undoubtedly closing in, but I’m pretty sure Murphy leads it overall. Since 1986, Franklin leads 19-18, but the series goes back way further than that. They have been playing each other since at least the 60s and both used to be 2a SMC members at one point.
Thanks for the info! It's hard to find records that date back before 2000.
Georgia does a good job of keeping all of its records on GHSFHA.org, would be nice to have something like that for North Carolina.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Thanks for the info! It's hard to find records that date back before 2000.
Georgia does a good job of keeping all of its records on GHSFHA.org, would be nice to have something like that for North Carolina.
No problem. I wish North Carolina had something like that too. Wasn’t trying to call you guys out. Y’all do an awesome job and I’m glad you are doing what you do. Keep up the good work!

Murphy could be in for the first losing season in many years. May not win but one non conference game (New faith christian out of GA). May only win (2) conference games. Talent level has really fallen off at Murphy. The way I see it a 3-7 season is not out of the question unless they get the ship righted ASAP...

Commerce who they are playing this week defeated the #1 ranked team in SC Friday. So the work is cut out for the dogs this week,
I agree if things stay as is, but there were wholesale changes on the o-line today at practice so that's a good start. Even better to see tuff down there this evening, I hope it wasn't a one off, he's badly needed. The D needs a few tweaks too. Hedden needs to be on the field somewhere, either at OLB with Laney shifting inside or straight up at corner or free safety. Skogen not playing last minute really hurt them in the secondary.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT