ADVERTISEMENT

Score Updates

Swain did not dominate Andrews….. Without the 99 yard qb run, the game was even. That broke Andrews back going into the 2nd half even though they scored right before half. I give all the credit to Swain QB though cause it looked like Andrews had him for a short gain and he managed to make it out of there and it was a foot race to the end zone. Penalties played a big part on both ends. Some cost both teams a possible scoring drive. All in all I’d say Swain and Andrews were pretty even.

For what it's worth knight fans that defensive pass interference that set up braves first touchdown was terrible call. Braves receiver didn't even try to catch the ball and knights defender didn't touch him...ref behind the play threw the flag. U can watch replay on gwy YouTube it wasnt even close to pass interference. Glad ref threw the flag though. Go Braves!
As an impartial spectator I was wondering about that one. I thought maybe the camera just missed it or something when it switched from one to the other because I didn't see anything that would have been pass interference.

#25 Elijah Watty was making a lot of plays tonight for cherokee. Announcer on YouTube said he transferred in...anyone know from where?

Dude you’re ridiculous.

With murphy, robbinsville, and cherokee left its not rediculous. Top 5 in smc are for real. If they can avoid playing each other in early rounds....could look like an smc tournament in the 1a west playoffs.

In my opinion Robbinsville wins tonight with #4 playing on both sides of the ball. Hes a sophomore but he's our leader. Without him we are lost. He's averaging 200 yds per game..He did not play much after the 2nd qrt. He has a pretty major injury but had lots of yardage against Cherokee tonight when he was trying to play..BUT it's gonna be hard for Robbinsville to beat anyone with all the costly turnovers. Cherokee deserved to win. Cherokee is good.
Robbinsville needs to be real careful with #4, I wouldn't play him if there's any risk of furthering that injury. If the injury is what I heard it was he's probably not going to be fully right the rest of this season.

Ultimately Robbinsville, nor anyone else in the SMC for that matter is a true title contender this season, each team has a hole or holes that prevent that. But Robbinsville has a lot to look forward to in the years ahead IF #4 is healthy, I wouldn't jeopardize that in anyway. I'm not implying your coaches are, but I know what kind of competitor #4 is, he wants to be out there at any cost and I'm just saying playing him at all might not be worth the risk of long term health.

Last edited:
Robbinsville needs to be real careful with #4, I wouldn't play him if there's any risk of furthering that injury. If the injury is what I heard it was he's probably not going to be fully right the rest of this season. Ultimately Robbinsville, nor anyone else in the SMC for that matter is a true title contender this season, each team has holes or holes that prevent that. But Robbinsville has a lot to look forward to in the year's ahead IF #4 is healthy, I wouldn't jeopardize that in anyway. I'm not implying your coaches are, but I know what kind of competitor #4 is, he wants to be out there at any cost and I'm just saying playing him at all might not be worth the risk of long term health.

Funny how that quote comes 7 days before they play murphy. He was getting 8 yards a carry tonight...running the same play over and over. Didn't know why they stopped.

Funny how that quote comes 7 days before they play murphy. He was getting 8 yards a carry tonight...running the same play over and over. Didn't know why they stopped.
Not at all, the kid has a college football future ahead of him, fandom aside I would never want to see a kid's future jeopardized. I hope he plays against Murphy IF he's healthy but based on the injury he's dealing with that sounds unlikely.

Oh and the fact that he was able to do that hurt against Cherokee just tells you what kind of player he is. If you've seen him before you know that wasn't him at 100%, not even close.

Andrews has a good football team, Weaver is as good as it gets in this league, but for the most part you just aren't going to beat the cream of the crop teams in this league with a bunch of pulling guard sized kids on the o and d-line. Andrews has exactly one tackle sized kid that plays and even he's on the svelte side weight wise.

Phillips has done a great job with this team, very well coached, they play good fundamental and assignment football. They just have a size weakness and it can be a fatal one when you go up against the size of the Swain's, Cherokee's, Robbinsville's of the world.

SMC up for grabs could be any of your top 4 gonna be interesting next few weeks in the smokies this has definitely been the strangest football season I can remember in recent years

Yall got out played just like we did. I watched both games.
Me too. I had the Andrews game on the tv and the Robbinsville game on the laptop. I’m not shocked by either game. I said weeks ago that the conference is tight this year. I’m still proud of the Wildcats. They never stopped competing. Mistakes killed them , punt off side of foot gave Swain 1st down on our 30 and 1st score. 2nd score was a 99 yd td because we overplayed trying to get a safety. Swain kicking game had us backed up all night. Swain played well on Homecoming and Hall of Fame night and as usual are hard to beat at home. Cherokee looks tough and plays tough

Reactions: Gentle Knight
Buzz, correct me if I’m wrong but the Bears played 3 quarters with out 5. So now the Bears are playing with both of there backs out? What’s the word on 5 . Rumor has it that dandy and penn will be back for the playoffs, any truth to that?

Buzz, correct me if I’m wrong but the Bears played 3 quarters with out 5. So now the Bears are playing with both of there backs out? What’s the word on 5 . Rumor has it that dandy and penn will be back for the playoffs, any truth to that?
#5 looked ok just iced knee. Ik getting one stud back next week. MA played with back up RBs from 2nd qrt on. #5 best RB imo need him

Reactions: gdawg74
If thats in reference to me I'm not trashing anyone just stating my opinion based on the game I watched. Also if so how is "outplayed" considered trashing? Lol. As far as Robbinsville is concerned I knew we were going to take a step back this year with what we graduated and now the injuries...if Adams doesn't come back 100 percent then we are toast.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
One thing about the smc fans and mountain football fans they are a lively bunch. Without that fan base of the mountains this board would be DEAD. We might give you guys hell sometimes but without you guys this is a dead board.

Because nobody else post anything. It’s dead since all the old schoolers are gone. All that’s left is the smc and Mitchell fans, sad but true

Hayesville looks like easy to me...
For Hayesville the issue like many other posters have always stated is line play. They don't have any to speak of and get bullied all up and down the field. The skill players are there though. They do have SOME talent but just nothing to back it up with. So until such a time they can figure out the trenches then yeah they'll be easy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT