ADVERTISEMENT

Round 3 North Moore @ Wilson Prep

Should be a close game. Just looking at stats they seem to match up pretty evenly. Will come down to who wants it more. North Moore has lots of seniors. Hoping they can pull this one off.

Reactions: thekidd12
Just a heads up to North Moore fans, unless something changed since I was last there, there is almost no seating on the visitor side. If your fans travel, you will need to invade the home side stands.

Just a heads up to North Moore fans, unless something changed since I was last there, there is almost no seating on the visitor side. If your fans travel, you will need to invade the home side stands.
I thought it was a rule that you have to provide a certain number of visitor seating for the playoffs

I am going to say that Wilson Prep won't beat North Moore. I remember North Moore wearing shirts that read we believe in RPO's Running People Over....LOL! You really have to be good up front the hang with them. North Moore 35 Wilson Prep 14.

Reactions: stang_pride#54
I thought it was a rule that you have to provide a certain number of visitor seating for the playoffs
There is. For Class 1A it’s 1000 on the host side, 500 on visitors.

I think the Tarboro folks will remember a game at Granville Central where there were only about 100 seats on the visitor’s side. Tarboro fans took over the home stands and around halftime, the stadium announcer said the Sheriff’s Department had ordered all Tarboro fans leave the home side stands. That was a hot mess. Fortunately, we were already up by 48. We didn’t figure there was much left to see anyway.

I am going to say that Wilson Prep won't beat North Moore. I remember North Moore wearing shirts that read we believe in RPO's Running People Over....LOL! You really have to be good up front the hang with them. North Moore 35 Wilson Prep 14.
I saw them last year in Robbins against Cummings and Rosewood. They had RPO painted in the endzones and we on the visitor's side thought it meant Run Pass Option. NM (no affiliation) held the ball on one drive against Cummings and ate up all but a little over a minute of the quarter on that TD drive. Not a single pass either. We began wondering where the "pass" option in the offense was. At halftime a NM fan told us what it meant, and the gentleman beside me said "Well that makes since. My boy'll have tire tread marks all over him when we get him home tonight."

Now, you make the Mustangs turn the ball over (like Rosewood last year), then there are no looooong drives. Stop long gains on first and second downs, and you'll put them in a very uncomfortable situation of passing. But often they still won't pass on a third and ten. Then there you are with five defensive backs on the field and they run it off tackle for 11 yards. Mt. Airy has a dynamic offense, Tarboro has finesse and flow to their T running and passing, Robbinsville--and a good bit of the SMC--has veered opponents to death over the decades. NM's offense looks like a triple option set-up, but it's not. Heck, I saw them run some I-Formation last week on the video too.

IF they can pull out a win tonight, I may have an opportunity to catch them next week as I'll be back home. --Batman

I might make a trip and watch this game if Tarboros game doesn’t get moved.
You should TarVikes. It's one of the dangdest offenses I've every seen. They are entertaining if you understand football. Veeeery boring if you're like my wife and want to see bombs, trick plays, fast scoring. Though, if their opponent isn't fundamental in tackling, then there are long runs. --Batman

I saw them last year in Robbins against Cummings and Rosewood. They had RPO painted in the endzones and we on the visitor's side thought it meant Run Pass Option. NM (no affiliation) held the ball on one drive against Cummings and ate up all but a little over a minute of the quarter on that TD drive. Not a single pass either. We began wondering where the "pass" option in the offense was. At halftime a NM fan told us what it meant, and the gentleman beside me said "Well that makes since. My boy'll have tire tread marks all over him when we get him home tonight."

Now, you make the Mustangs turn the ball over (like Rosewood last year), then there are no looooong drives. Stop long gains on first and second downs, and you'll put them in a very uncomfortable situation of passing. But often they still won't pass on a third and ten. Then there you are with five defensive backs on the field and they run it off tackle for 11 yards. Mt. Airy has a dynamic offense, Tarboro has finesse and flow to their T running and passing, Robbinsville--and a good bit of the SMC--has veered opponents to death over the decades. NM's offense looks like a triple option set-up, but it's not. Heck, I saw them run some I-Formation last week on the video too.

IF they can pull out a win tonight, I may have an opportunity to catch them next week as I'll be back home. --Batman
You are right. The offense is not the double-wing either to be honest the offense is a bastard of the double wing. They will make mistakes but most teams won't game and play man to man on them. The key to these teams are winning the 1st and 2nd down. If you can get them in a 3rd and (5yrds) or more you will beat them on possession. Unfortunately they don't have any concept for the passing game and if they did, they actually would be unstoppable. I would play a bear front on them with a 2 high shell and just rotate my safeties down into the box forcing them to throw. Bringing pressure is the key to beating this offense. You also have to slant on them too. If you look at their play calling they run heavy left counter right. I have watched them on film and love their proficiency.

You should TarVikes. It's one of the dangdest offenses I've every seen. They are entertaining if you understand football. Veeeery boring if you're like my wife and want to see bombs, trick plays, fast scoring. Though, if their opponent isn't fundamental in tackling, then there are long runs. --Batman
Well it was a good idea until I mentioned it to my wife this morning. I’ll have to settle for watching it on NFHS.

• Haha
Has anyone on here actually seen Wilson Prep play? If so, how do you think they matchup with the Mustangs?
WPA has good size up front. This shows up against the run. They absolutely shut down the SE Halifax run game, especially between the tackles. RPO is a good system against them because it gives those big guys more than one thing to focus on.

Offensively, the Tigers can be a hot mess at times. They seem to get penalized a lot. It’s not the lack of self control stuff. It’s false starts, holding, illegal forward pass, illegal formation, etc. They have athletes, but they don’t seem to play as one. Most of their offense is individual effort. They would be scary if they operated with a bit more precision, but they aren’t there yet.

North Moore will be their 3rd opponent this year with a winning record.

Last edited:
Keep us updated I knew I shouldn't have picked north moore

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT