ADVERTISEMENT

Round 2 - Grimsley versus Catholic

There for a minute I thought there was an old and new stadium. Lol

14-14 TD CC, Grimsley gave up two personal foul penalties on that drive. CC QB hits TE for 14 yard score.

CC punts, Grimsley ball.
Something, Something, Phone Booth...

Grimsley punts to CC. I feel like they need to score here before it gets out of hand a bit.

Grimsley with a big sack on 3rd down, and CC turns it over on downs the next play.
I was pretty spot on with my prediction, I said it could be a 35-34 type of game, and it could go +/- 14 points either way.
lol, nvm just as im typing this, Grimsley scores a long rushing TD.
42-22, PAT no good.

Whoever is filmin on nfhs is terrible every long pass...have to wait on fans reaction to know whether it was caught or not

Reactions: mrhonda
TD CC, 2 pt good. 42-30 Grimsley.

So, as much as I suspected, Grimsley defensive front was physical enough to give Catholic fits.

Final 42-30 Grimsley. Catholic scored a vanity touchdown at the end. My prediction of 5 touchdowns to win stands. Grimsley had a few too many horses for the Cougars and credit to their O line as Grimsley able to run the ball almost at will. Catholic simply could not get a stop when needed. Catholic able to move the ball and make a game of it but their margin of error was small. Congrats to the Whirlies, they were the better team tonight. Good luck in the next round.

Reactions: OptionFreak
Grimsley the better team. I knew CC bad defense would get them at some point. Think Grimsley scored on every single possession except for one. Hard to win consistently when the other team will score on mostly every possession. Grimsley is good on both sides of the ball and Catholic is not. Grimsley is the better team.

Grimsley the better team. I knew CC bad defense would get them at some point. Think Grimsley scored on every single possession except for one. Hard to win consistently when the other team will score on mostly every possession. Grimsley is good on both sides of the ball and Catholic is not. Grimsley is the better team.
I haven't see much of Catholic, but i love the old school offense. It looked it Catholic best defense is their offense.

Reactions: CCougarsfan
Yeah this score was not close to how the game went. Grimsley easily won this game. Good season to Catholic

Grimsley defense made enough stops and scored on 6 of 8 possessions. Gonna take 5
TDs to beat Grimsley. Offense is multi-dimensional.

I meeaaannn... I did say Grimsley had the hosses to make Catholic uncomfortable. I also said they had the front 7 on D to give them fits. What I didn't know was Catholic didn't play good defense.

Wasn't talking to you. Because I know you know Grimsley well. You actually gave people a good analysis on Grimsley.

Reactions: PagePirates44
I meeaaannn... I did say Grimsley had the hosses to make Catholic uncomfortable. I also said they had the front 7 on D to give them fits. What I didn't know was Catholic didn't play good defense.
Catholic was a very good team but not a complete team this year. In the past ten, maybe 15 years, this was by far their best offensive unit and the least effective defensive unit. When you get to the 2nd round of 4A, you need to have the horses on both sides of the ball. Grimsley did.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
Don't believe CC can see more than they've already seen on the offensive side of the ball. They went up against Providence Day, with 5 Star QB Jadyn Davis, along with 2, 4 Star WR'S who are long and tall, Huge OL, and Chad Grier who's one of the TOP OC's around. CC is very efficient at clock management. They kept PD offense off the field, which is why the game was so close. They'll need to keep Grimsley's explosive offense off the field. Looking forward to an awesome game.
We scored first and often so CC had to play catch up all game. #85 is definite talent and RB #30 ran hard behind a solid O-line. I hope he wasn’t badly hurt. I still think that Grimsley’s two WRs are the best duo in the state, but our run game helps us manage the clock in tight games.

Grimsley defense made enough stops and scored on 6 of 8 possessions. Gonna take 5
TDs to beat Grimsley. Offense is multi-dimensional.
I think you're wrong on this one RamKant. I think when they actually play a great team in the playoffs like a Hough or an East Forsyth who have great defenses along with really good offenses I think its going to be like the East Grimsley games of 2019. It will be a 24-21 type of game. Those always come down to who plays the best on special teams and then who can win the turnover battle. Let's be real I said Grimsley by 7 because I thought Catholic would run the ball and limit possessions. They didn't do that at all and their Defense is awful. Which leads me to believe that Grimsley may light Independence up this week.

If a team has a great defense and scores 35 on Grimsley they may lose big.

Reactions: RammanuelKant
Question for the Charlotte Catholic group. Thought a player had to sit out 365 when transferring into CC? Ryan Lewis from AK is now at CC and playing. HAs the rule changed on transfers into CC? Thanks;

So there is no hard rule for transfers into CC from public schools. They can play without sitting. What school would not sign off? So in essence there is no sit out period to get into CC.
There is if the school does not sign the waiver. If they sign off saying they can play then 365 rule is waived as well.

So there is no hard rule for transfers into CC from public schools. They can play without sitting. What school would not sign off? So in essence there is no sit out period to get into CC.
The 365 set out went away a few years for Parochials. Catholic adhered to it but Bishop and Cardinal G did not.

I personally think the Parochials should have a one year set out. I would not have an issue if the student was in the Parochial system prior to going to the public school and is a member of the Diocese. CMS has been much more strict about the legal transfers and athletic eligibilty than any other school system over the years and CC has followed their lead to some degree.

About a dozen years ago a football player completed his freshman school year at CC and went to his home public school due to what I am pretty sure was financial reasons. At the end of his sophmore school year he returned to Catholic but was told he would have to sit out a full 365 days by CC admin. I voiced to them that I thought this was unfair to the student/athlete as he had established CC as a home school freshman year and spent his full elementary life in their system.

If you remember CMS had a rule that originated from the No Child Left Behind legislation where a student established a home school day one freshman year and could always go to that school regardless of a physical move. This came up in 2007-2008 but the rule morphed into other regulations implemented.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT