ADVERTISEMENT

Reagan Raiders

MHSBigBlue06

Jun 19, 2022
What y’all look like this year?

New to our schedule, Reagan at Mooresville week 2, as far as I know don’t think we’ve ever met in a regular season game before?

About all I know about Reagan is a great fam base, y’all have a QB (baseball commit to State, but getting P5 looks for football), and a corner getting P5 offers too.

I know Reagan went 8-3 ( 6-1) last year. They will play Grimsley and East Forsyth after the Mooresville game. Will be interesting to see what kind of season Reagan will have.

It should be an interesting game - It comes down to Reagan offensive vs Mooresville D ; I still have ? On our Offense but Our D will be Nasty as they come and Depending on Reagan O this could be a BIG difference in scoring for the Raiders.

Should be a good one but One thing that on Reagan side is Mooresville is like 2-11 or something vs Triad team ALL time

Last edited:
Reactions: CPC4LIFE
It should be an interesting game - It comes down to Reagan offensive vs Mooresville D ; I still have ? On our Offense but Our D will be Nasty as they come and Depending on Reagan O this could be a BIG difference in scoring for the Raiders.

Should be a good one but One thing that on Reagan side is Mooresville is like 2-11 or something vs Triad team ALL time
Sometimes i think Reagan can be unpredictable in some games. It depends on which Reagan teams shows up vs Mooresville. I can see this match up like a 14-10 game either way

Sometimes i think Reagan can be unpredictable in some games. It depends on which Reagan teams shows up vs Mooresville. I can see this match up like a 14-10 game either way
Yeah I am thinking maybe a 21-14 type game unless Mooresville offensive has big night then could maybe be 35-14 as I don’t know if a young offensive can go up vs this veteran D

Reactions: Doppleganger#
Reagan will compete with East Forsyth for the CPC this year. Their QB and RB are legit play makers. Oline is solid but nowhere as good as last season. They will run alot of zone and counter. Lots of RPOs and WR screens off of the Zone running game. QB can make plays with his legs too. Reagan plays Grimsley week 3 so we will know what they are then. Me personally I see Reagan behind East Forsyth with an 8-2, 7-3 sort of year. They would have the best QB in the conference but with Bryce Baker going to East they have the 2nd best and it's not by much.

I've been to 80 to 90 percent of Reagan's games over the last 7 years. In my opinion, they are a mediocre team. Maybe even slightly above average. Reagan's record over the last few years may be a little misleading. The wins are padded with RJR, Parkland, and ND. That combined with the slide of WF and Davie have helped a lot.

The offense is okay usually. They usually start games out well but struggle by the end the game as opponents adjust. It's not unusual to see the qb hold on to the ball way too long and take a sack. The offense results in a lot clock stoppages. Dropped passes and quick passes to the sidelines resulting in out of bound runs. This makes it hard to to protect a lead.

The defense is suspect. It gives up a lot of points. As mentioned above, running right at them seems to work well. Several years ago, I know they used to make the defense do 1 up down for every point given up by the D. Pretty tough when you give up 50. Always thought that was bull shit. Coaches should have done them. They teach the skills and schemes and call the plays. I have no idea if they still do that.

Normally, Reagan will beat bad teams and hang tough with talented teams with suspect coaching. Reagan normally loses to fundamentally sound teams (see the playoffs).

I'd expect a close came in the first half and Mooresville pulling away for a convincing win in the second. I could be way off so take this all with a grain of salt.

Reactions: OptionFreak
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT