ADVERTISEMENT

Post your scrimmages

Swain Analyses
As we all know it’s just a scrimmage, these are simply my thoughts and observations.

The Bad
The QB had to about jump to gather the snap every other play and had little time to throw. Several balls were snapped over his head as well. The pass blocking looked plain bad at times, seemed to me some of the line had rather heavy stances on passing plays. Offensive rhythm seemed to come and go. I will say I seen MH sending a DB blitz a few times and it was effective. Some of the passes were under thrown or put in the dirt, mostly due to not being able to gather the ball for 2-4 seconds after most snaps. There were a few dropped passes and a pass that should’ve been picked if the defender didn’t drop it. The defense gave up some longish runs up the middle and got caught by MH fakes/misdirection a few times.

The Good
The offense seemed to be a bit more comfortable overal despite the snapping issues. There were some good chunk plays including a 30ish yd completion for a touchdown to #13 and another long throw that resulted in a TD. The QB is a smooth athlete, he throws a nice, tight spiral and has some juice on his throws when he gets to set his feet. Despite the bad snaps he was able to adjust and evade tacklers with ease, gaining distance from pursuers at will. The run game looked good and the run blocking was nice, them boys up front did well and the all the skill players didn’t shy away from contact. The defense looked crisp, motivated and nasty. Everyone on D was very excited, hyping each other up and laying several hard licks. They gang tackled on every opportunity given and the secondary was very willing to lay the boom. The line was constantly in the MH backfield resulting in multiple sacks, they looked much stronger than the MH front imo. MH had a few good drives but they stalled out, one in the red zone where the Swain D stiffened up quiet nicely.

JV offense snapped the ball over the QBs head about 6 times in a row and was barely able to run any plays not under center. The RBs ran real hard and looked really good. The o line needs some work but did well mostly. The D did well but depth will be a real issue.

Overall Swain looked improved but if they can’t fix the QB-Center exchange/get in rhythm they will have issues scoring again. The D looks ahead of schedule, ready and willing to deal punishment. They play with attitude and do a good job hyping each other up/playing for each other.

I was expecting Heritage to be improved from last year as they were really young so hopefully Swains got a good squad this year, but id definitely say Heritage is not a top 10 team in 1a right now idk ill have to see how they do week 1 against Chase

Last edited:
I think number six from Mount Airy is Derek dandy's brother. If that's who I think it is. Played for Elkin last year. Moved back to Mount Airy this year. Pilsner or something like that. I can't remember what my nephew told me. He's a senior but he's a good football player.

Swain Analyses
As we all know it’s just a scrimmage, these are simply my thoughts and observations.

The Bad
The QB had to about jump to gather the snap every other play and had little time to throw. Several balls were snapped over his head as well. The pass blocking looked plain bad at times, seemed to me some of the line had rather heavy stances on passing plays. Offensive rhythm seemed to come and go. I will say I seen MH sending a DB blitz a few times and it was effective. Some of the passes were under thrown or put in the dirt, mostly due to not being able to gather the ball for 2-4 seconds after most snaps. There were a few dropped passes and a pass that should’ve been picked if the defender didn’t drop it. The defense gave up some longish runs up the middle and got caught by MH fakes/misdirection a few times.

The Good
The offense seemed to be a bit more comfortable overal despite the snapping issues. There were some good chunk plays including a 30ish yd completion for a touchdown to #13 and another long throw that resulted in a TD. The QB is a smooth athlete, he throws a nice, tight spiral and has some juice on his throws when he gets to set his feet. Despite the bad snaps he was able to adjust and evade tacklers with ease, gaining distance from pursuers at will. The run game looked good and the run blocking was nice, them boys up front did well and the all the skill players didn’t shy away from contact. The defense looked crisp, motivated and nasty. Everyone on D was very excited, hyping each other up and laying several hard licks. They gang tackled on every opportunity given and the secondary was very willing to lay the boom. The line was constantly in the MH backfield resulting in multiple sacks, they looked much stronger than the MH front imo. MH had a few good drives but they stalled out, one in the red zone where the Swain D stiffened up quiet nicely.

JV offense snapped the ball over the QBs head about 6 times in a row and was barely able to run any plays not under center. The RBs ran real hard and looked really good. The o line needs some work but did well mostly. The D did well but depth will be a real issue.

Overall Swain looked improved but if they can’t fix the QB-Center exchange/get in rhythm they will have issues scoring again. The D looks ahead of schedule, ready and willing to deal punishment. They play with attitude and do a good job hyping each other up/playing for each other.
So, if we were to line up in the veer under center...... Just asking from your point of view.

BIG difference for the Rams just since Wednesday. Much more fluid on offense. Still dropping some passes but that should improve with time. Very balanced attack with multiple guys scoring. Very fast paced. Physical play continued. Another fight lol

Reactions: Orange01
Andrews had a lot of players last night that where starting their first varsity game. I think they looked pretty good for a scrimmage. Defense looked solid against the run but gave up a few long pass plays. Their back 7 on defense are all new starters so they will have some mistakes that I'm sure the coaches will fix as the year goes on. The line looked really good both sides of the ball. Don't count them out this season.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Andrews had a lot of players last night that where starting their first varsity game. I think they looked pretty good for a scrimmage. Defense looked solid against the run but gave up a few long pass plays. Their back 7 on defense are all new starters so they will have some mistakes that I'm sure the coaches will fix as the year goes on. The line looked really good both sides of the ball. Don't count them out this season.
The lineman from last year they moved to fullback ran hard in the bit I saw. Looks like they may air it out more than last year and passing game looked pretty good. West is a mountain. 19 players means have to avoid bad luck and injuries.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
BIG difference for the Rams just since Wednesday. Much more fluid on offense. Still dropping some passes but that should improve with time. Very balanced attack with multiple guys scoring. Very fast paced. Physical play continued. Another fight lol
Yeah they looked like a different team. Good to see multiple sets and formations on offense and the defense being aggressive.

Reactions: NCBBFB
5, 55 and your qb whos number forgot all/ looked great and of course big 77 was a beast, i didnt mean any disrespect by saying youd think franklin was better they just had double the players and they all looked thiick lol

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
If Rams keep getting in fights I might have to get on the bandwagon I love watching passionate play and players talking smack.

• Haha
Reactions: Orange01 and NCBBFB
The lineman from last year they moved to fullback ran hard in the bit I saw. Looks like they may air it out more than last year and passing game looked pretty good. West is a mountain. 19 players means have to avoid bad luck and injurie

5, 55 and your qb whos number forgot all/ looked great and of course big 77 was a beast, i didnt mean any disrespect by saying youd think franklin was better they just had double the players and they all looked thiick lol
No disrespect taken. Franklin definitely won the eye test before the game

If Rams keep getting in fights I might have to get on the bandwagon I love watching passionate play and players talking smack.
Your Trojans looked solid against north forsyth. Couldn’t do much on offense but the defense was very impressive

Reactions: NCBBFB and KW23
Orange01 thanks for update...we are supposed to open the season on our new turf field against Surry Central but might have to play on their field if its not ready in time.
They looked very good. I was impressed. One kid running the ball was big and fast. He's gonna be a problem for everyone. Team defense was very good!

Reactions: KW23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT