19NW CABARRUS 57

22WEST CHARLOTTE 80
27LAKE NORMAN CHARTER 54

7 ASHEBORO 46
10BEN L SMITH 73

2 HICKORY 67
15DUDLEY 47

Last edited:
I know West Charlotte gave North Meck all they want. I believe they will be a dangerous team in the playoffs. Wouldn’t surprise me to to see them get couple more rds or so of the playoffs. Or go deep. Also their record is deceiving due to the conference they play in. And that’s a split I Meck conference. With likes of North Meck and Chambers. Plus tough non conference schedule.
Is 22-seed West Charlotte the lowest seed to have a second round home game? They also seemed pretty underseeded to me watching them play Franklin. A lot of size and quickness.

Last edited:
Franklin struggled the first quarter but shot the ball really well to play them to 3 points at home....West Charlotte sure didn't look like a 22-seed to me with 2 6-10 kids and quickness all over the floor.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I honestly think West Charlotte was to play Central Cabarrus again that they will give them all they want. If that happens I sure would love to see that game.

West Charlotte will be a tough out in basketball and football as they have been a 4A school for decades. Expect them to go back up to 4A in the next realignment especially if NC doesn't go to 5 classes. I

As for this team expect them to meet Central Cabarrus in the Western regional final. Not sure CC can be stopped this year though. They are 58-1 in the last two years, CC is a former 4A team too.

West Charlotte will be a tough out in basketball and football as they have been a 4A school for decades. Expect them to go back up to 4A in the next realignment especially if NC doesn't go to 5 classes. I

As for this team expect them to meet Central Cabarrus in the Western regional final. Not sure CC can be stopped this year though. They are 58-1 in the last two years, CC is a former 4A team too.
Honestly if Franklin's 3 had gone in and they'd been able to pull it out in OT I would've considered that the upset instead of the other way around (based on the seedings). Looks like West Charlotte cruised last night and has a decent draw for round 3.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
Honestly if Franklin's 3 had gone in and they'd been able to pull it out in OT I would've considered that the upset instead of the other way around (based on the seedings). Looks like West Charlotte cruised last night and has a decent draw for round 3.
Agree fully. Had Franklin won that would have been an upset. WC struggled some down the stretch but think that's what happens when teams play the state champ, and are familiar with your style of play. WC has to make free throws though. WC got an excellent draw that got even better with upsets preceding their games.

Still think Central Cabarrus is the best team in the state. Possibly best team in the SE

I agree I think Central Cabarrus is the team to beat. WC may be unpredictable team to see how they play. After doing some research West Charlotte had North Meck down at HT But N. Meck rallied with a comeback win 61-55 game. I think if WC is on and having a good night they will be tough to handle.

Last edited:
I agree I think Central Cabarrus is the team to beat. WC may be unpredictable team to see how they play. After doing some research West Charlotte had North Meck down at HT But N. Meck rallied with a comeback win 61-55 game. I think if WC is on and having a good night they will be tough to handle.
No doubt. Styles make fights. WC is hard to prepare for as is CC. NM, and Chambers play them yearly so theres no fear or surprise. WC had much stronger wing play last year IMHO which gave CC fits. CC, NM, MP and Chambers could easily be the top 4 teams in the state regardless of classification. But NM, and CC are on a different level.

Charlotte area is ultra talented with teams and players and this is with a bunch of top guys leaving state. With the Mugsy Middle school tournament basketball is really going to be interesting in the upcoming years.

I think this comes down to Central Cabarrus and West Charlotte. I’m taking Central Cabarrus to win it all. If it does come down to CC n West Charlotte. That will be a game to see.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
3 double digit seeds left. Looking forward to seeing Crest take on CC to see how they measure up against the #1 team in the state. Played their best game of the year vs South Point. Young players are playing well.

It'll be a blood bath. Crest is a solid team with a very good coach and deserve to be in the 4th round. But CC is on a different level. Best of luck to my Cleveland County friends, but this won't go well.
You are correct. This will likely be a 50pt game or whatever score Central chooses. The yare just that good.

CC as good as advertised. Love how they go from offense to defense so quick. Hopefully the young players for Crest learn from this and realize what it takes to get to that point. Had several FR and Soph playing varsity and an undefeated JV team.

Good luck to CC the rest of the way.

Central Cabarrus vs West Charlotte. Mega matchup. This is Central Cabarrus chance to get their revenge from last year. Im taking Central Cabarrus in this one. I think this is their year.
Agree, WC had strong wing play last year vs. this year. If WC can limit turnovers, and avoid a big first quarter deficit they will make a game of this. Brain tells me CC BIG +20 or more, but heart says WC pulls it off and goes back to back. Central really didn't impress me like I thought they would last year vs. WC. But they killed WC in preseason so who knows.

WC is very well coached and have great guard play. WC winning wouldn't surprise me at all. They had North beat and Chambers beat before faltering 4th quarter. Gimme WC in the big upset!

One thing I did notice is that CC has had a 6-5 kid who didn't play much last year really emerge into a double digit scorer this year. Last year key players were all 6-2 and under and they were kind of overmatched by WC's size and length advantage. Obviously they still don't have 6-10 kids like WC, but I don't think the size difference will be as dramatic this year.

Last edited:
One thing I did notice is that CC has had a 6-5 kid who didn't play much last year really emerge into a double digit scorer this year. Last year key players were all 6-2 and under and they were kind of overmatched by WC's size and length advantage. Obviously they still don't have 6-10 kids like WC, but I don't think the size difference will be as dramatic this year.
Yeah, made that point earlier. WC wing size last year was outstanding. But the game really wasn't even close til the 4th quarter last year and Donovan Raymond nor Kone played. Both will play tomorrow.

This game really comes down to can CC play with pressure whereas WC has played Oak HIll, Chambers, NM, Robinson, 1 of 1, Cannon , Latin, and

Last year CC was just as impressive if not more impressive than this years team. 51, 53, 40, 42 point wins, where their playoff wins last year before losing to WC. This year, 53, 58, 44, 36 point wins. CC closest regular season win was Charlotte Catholic by 4. A well coached team that can handle pressure, much like WC a well coached team that can handle pressure. Whereas most of those teams had 2 days to prepare for CC, WC gets 4 four days. CC sked strength 9.4 vs. WC 16.6. There's gonna be a big jump in quality for CC, vs. WC seeing similar quality to what they have all year.

Also all the pressure is on CC. WC won it last year, and TBH has had a disappointing season per their standards. WC losing is par for the course in this type of matchup. IF WC survives the first quarter they will pull it off. If the first quarter goes bad all bets off and it could get ugly. LOL

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT