ADVERTISEMENT

Page vs Grimsley

nwguilford007

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2022
Im a northwest guy but someone gotta start this thread....one of top 3 rivalries in nc imo

Also, One of the oldest... if not the oldest rivalry in North Carolina. I think they played during the Civil War. That Old

• Haha
Reactions: PagePirate1989
Also, One of the oldest... if not the oldest rivalry in North Carolina. I think they played during the Civil War. That Old
you calling me old? lol

Page/Grimsley is not the oldest rivalry in NC. But it for sure is one of the biggest, if not THE biggest. All of the events leading up to the game set it apart.

Reactions: PagePirate1989
Greensboro had a hail storm around 5:30pm. Grimsley's field was covered in Ice pellets. Pea to dime sized hail.

you calling me old? lol

Page/Grimsley is not the oldest rivalry in NC. But it for sure is one of the biggest, if not THE biggest. All of the events leading up to the game set it apart.
Thomasville first played Asheboro and Mount Airy in 1927 and Lexington in 1929. I’m sure there are older rivalries.

Page punts, Grimsley muffs it, and Page falls on it, but they gave the ball to Grimsley?

Grimsley scores 4 plays later. Summers runs it in. 7-0.

Grimsley scored again. 14-0. Page ball tried to go for it on 4th around midfield and wasn't able to get it.

Grimsley just fumbled and Page now has the ball after the recovery.

Thomasville first played Asheboro and Mount Airy in 1927 and Lexington in 1929. I’m sure there are older rivalries.
TBH I've never heard of those rivalries. When it comes to best/biggest/oldest in the state I've mostly heard of Page/Grimsley, Richmond/Scotland, Crest/Shelby, AL Brown/Concord, and Pisgah/Tuscola.

*20-0. I’m watching, Page hasn’t crossesd their own 40 yet. Only thing that came close to a stop on defense was a fumble when Grimsley was driving

Reactions: PagePirates44
These refs are doing everything they can to keep Grimsley out of the end zone lol. I mean come on

Man…What has happened to Page
AD Rusty Lee retired. Football coach fired before Covid happened (just bad timing) and then the AD we hired retired after 4 years. Our new AD (former hs football coach) will get things going.

Let's not forget Page has had many lopsided victory scores against Grimsley in the 47 total rivalry wins.
Page is extremely overdue a blow out or 2 from Grimsley.

This is a rivalry for a reason. Part of it is because over the years, deep down Page knew that Grimsley was capable of winning like this. This game is always great. The rivalry is great for this city and community.

What does the AD have to do with the talent on the field? I a more familiar with Charlotte so I don’t know

That was tough to watch. Page crossed midfield one time the whole game. I think less than 5 first downs for the game. Score honestly could’ve been worse than 54-0. Hoping the Pirates can turn it around in a few years, tough to watch a former state power struggle like that

This is the biggest win for Grimsley in the history of this rivalry.
Page won 56-0 in 1975.

If Grimsley is going to be dominant, please just win it all. Show up for Greensboro. Just like when people say Page being good is great for NC Football. Same can be said for Grimsley.

Page has dominated this rivalry, it almost got boring after a while. It's good to see Grimsley have their time.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT