ADVERTISEMENT

Our politics in NC

Thank U, Freedom Alum.

Could you do an example?

Does the local supplements including coaching supplement count in the retirement package?

Thank U, Freedom Alum.

Could you do an example?

Does the local supplements including coaching supplement count in the retirement package?
You’re welcome. The state has a database of earnings for an employee, so I think they would count coaching supplements in their formula.

I’ll do a simple example: let’s say you averaged $50,000 and you did 20 years and retired at age 50. It would be 50,000 x .0182 (the percentage they use) x 20 which equals $18,200. With 20 years, at age 50, you get half of that (with a scale increasing based on age and years worked-that varies some and isn’t so simple to explain). So the retiree gets $9100 or about $760 a month. Some coaches might take this so they can go to another state where their salary would be higher or teachers might have another opportunity for a different job after retirement.

Reactions: btango
I am at 25 1/2 years looking to get out early and make more in another state to make up what I would lose if I retired early. NCGA is a joke when it comes to public education. They just cleared 600 million for vouchers for PRIVATE SCHOOLS. WTF is that. NC has the 11th biggest GDP in the country but they spend less of that GDP on education than any other state. As a North Carolinian for the past 25 year how can these politicians do this???? I would want an educated and job ready workforce to get the big jobs coming to NC and be able to fill them with NC people. Cutting public education is cutting what opportunities of North Carolinians.

I am at 25 1/2 years looking to get out early and make more in another state to make up what I would lose if I retired early. NCGA is a joke when it comes to public education. They just cleared 600 million for vouchers for PRIVATE SCHOOLS. WTF is that. NC has the 11th biggest GDP in the country but they spend less of that GDP on education than any other state. As a North Carolinian for the past 25 year how can these politicians do this???? I would want an educated and job ready workforce to get the big jobs coming to NC and be able to fill them with NC people. Cutting public education is cutting what opportunities of North Carolinians.
No clue how public school teachers handle everyone’s expectations when the schools aren’t properly funded. Good schools and good roads pay for themselves and this is what Raleigh needs to do.

Reactions: ocdavis31

I'm a teacher also/ Unfortunately im only 33. What can I/WE do to DEMAND better pay?

The NCGA gave the state board of education the power over the NCHSAA. That group gave the NCHAA the right to run the ship. NCHSAA makes a decision and the Gang of Three (plus some quiet ones) speak as if the NCHSAA did an end around on them and flip out about the NIL. I have lost any belief in Sawyer having a clue and I thought Todd Johnston was a good guy but he has lost me, also. Like many in the NCGA I never had much belief in McInnis. An old bully who gets bent out of shape if he does not get his way.

Many have issues with the NCHSAA but do any of us think the high school student athlete will be better off with the NCGA micromanaging sports? I think not. I thought the use of the lottery was a great idea and then we saw how they manuevered that. Basically lied to.

Every teacher should take next year off and lets see how the system would work.
All I know is if I’m a top recruit in NC I’m looking to go to one of the big private schools in TN where you can at least maybe make some money off your NIL

No clue how public school teachers handle everyone’s expectations when the schools aren’t properly funded. Good schools and good roads pay for themselves and this is what Raleigh needs to do.
Not going to happen. The state will continue to lose teachers and will not be able to attract talented people to fill those jobs. As I try I can not help to think that this is being done on purpose. Again the state will continue to lose quality people. Many say that public education right now is awful , you would be right but after 13 years of GOP control and cutting and attacking public education this is what you get.
I'm a teacher also/ Unfortunately im only 33. What can I/WE do to DEMAND better pay?
strike. Organize a strike walk out. There are jobs out there you can do until the strike is over. Have a rotating strike where you have 30 teachers call sick then come back and have a different 30 call on sick. Oh and refuse to cover classes when you do it.

You know in all my years I never understood Teachers having to pay out of their pockets, or asking the parents to help buy school supplies for the classrooms. You would think with all the tax and lottery revenue our schools would be top notch facilities wise, and have well paid and knowledgeable teachers that want to stay for 30 years. They have a huge impact on our future generations. We all remember those Teachers that impacted our lives. So for the lawmakers that promote the private charter schools, what is in it for them? There has to be something driving this, where is their kick-back?

You know in all my years I never understood Teachers having to pay out of their pockets, or asking the parents to help buy school supplies for the classrooms. You would think with all the tax and lottery revenue our schools would be top notch facilities wise, and have well paid and knowledgeable teachers that want to stay for 30 years. They have a huge impact on our future generations. We all remember those Teachers that impacted our lives. So for the lawmakers that promote the private charter schools, what is in it for them? There has to be something driving this, where is their kick-back?

There absolutely is something in it for them. They're going to push what pads their pockets.

Reactions: heelzfor2
I think every teacher should get a non public teaching job next year and not return. Do that for one year or until they come up with a better payment plan. NOT sure if that would hit you on the retirement plan for health care and that type of thing due to leaving and coming back. In business that usually results in a new start / hire date even if you go back into the exact same position.

What exactly is being done to address the mental health issue? Look at politicians attacking every single thing trying to be done about it. Look at the policiticians that won't give schools resources to help address it. Look at the politicians that block red flag laws. And don't tell me they'd get the gun anyway. Almost every single mass shooter has gone to their local gun shop and purchased whatever they want days before committing the heinous act. There have been red flags in everyone one of these cases and nothing has been done to get out in front of it and the only solution is "more guns" because Republicans don't have the balls to stand up to Wayne Lapierre because they don't want to lose that money and voting base.

One day it's going to hit close to home, and when it does alot of mindsets will be changed.

Also why do we need access to tactical gear and large capacity magazines?
Because we have the freedom to do so. It's in our constitution for a reason. Nobody wants to attack us and have to try and come ashore here. They know what they would face. Why do you feel like I have no right to enjoy target shooting on my land? That I have no right to weapons to defend myself or my family with out your restrictions? You can't depend on the law for protection. I have several guns. Thousands of rounds of ammo. I have what you call high capacity magazines. I choose to take control of my family's plight. But you can bet your bottom dollar I will not stop to help anyone that is not prepared to help themselves. That is my right too

Because we have the freedom to do so. It's in our constitution for a reason. Nobody wants to attack us and have to try and come ashore here. They know what they would face. Why do you feel like I have no right to enjoy target shooting on my land? That I have no right to weapons to defend myself or my family with out your restrictions? You can't depend on the law for protection. I have several guns. Thousands of rounds of ammo. I have what you call high capacity magazines. I choose to take control of my family's plight. But you can bet your bottom dollar I will not stop to help anyone that is not prepared to help themselves. That is my right too

Amen brother.

Those guys don't understand anything. Or that the deadliest school shooting was done with 2 pistols. They don't understand that we have laws already that should of stop several mass shootings but the FBI or whoever dropped the ball. More laws written on paper is useless.
How about we enforce the laws we have already? It's not about stopping mass shootings it's about the left getting more laws on paper. I would love it if the left would learn about guns before talking about it. They sound really pathetic. Some laws they want to pass would take my .22 speed master that my dead Grandpa passed down to me. It's a rabbit gun basically.

Molon Labe!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 91ths
Nobody is taking any of my guns. The deadliest school massacre in our nations history happened in Bath Michigan on May 18th 1927. Almost 100 years ago. Nobody wants to discuss it because it didn't involve a gun. You can't stop people intent on killing. Worst thing we ever did was allow 24 hr around the clock national news channels. They drool over every crime resulting in others wanting their own fame. Mental illness is at a record high. Nobody cares. They celebrate people with mental disorders. People in this country turned their backs on God years ago. We are paying the price for it. They are too dumb and hard headed to admit their mistake. Children use to be taught respect and honor. Look at it now.

Nobody is taking any of my guns. The deadliest school massacre in our nations history happened in Bath Michigan on May 18th 1927. Almost 100 years ago. Nobody wants to discuss it because it didn't involve a gun. You can't stop people intent on killing. Worst thing we ever did was allow 24 hr around the clock national news channels. They drool over every crime resulting in others wanting their own fame. Mental illness is at a record high. Nobody cares. They celebrate people with mental disorders. People in this country turned their backs on God years ago. We are paying the price for it. They are too dumb and hard headed to admit their mistake. Children use to be taught respect and honor. Look at it now.
The part about 24 hour news networks needs to be emphasized. I read an essay not long ago about how we went from letting kids go out and play every day, and they would wander and have adventures and maybe get lost and have to figure out what to do. That bred confidence and self reliance and we are better adults for it. Now if you let your kid ride his bike around the block alone someone will call child services. What happened? Well the essay said that once we got bombarded by the news nonstop parents heard about child abduction all the time and stopped letting their kids explore. In truth abductions were still rare, but the more those stories were amplified by the news the more parents worried and we lost something important in our society.

Correct.
It was a bomb if I recall correctly.
Most killed in a school shooting was Virginia tech. Two hand guns.

Where did I say you shouldn't have the right for any of what you said?

Beto
Harris
Booker
Deblasio
Gillibrand
Swalwell
All say the are for a (Mandatory) buy back.

Julian Castro and many others said we should START with a voluntary buy back.
That word start tell tells me that mandatory comes next.

Many more democrats want to take guns but are afraid of losing their job.
You can look up video if you want.
It's a fact that you cannot disprove.

Last edited:
Beto is the only one that said we are going to take your "AR-15" outloud. There is support for mandatory buybacks for AR-15s.

But you know just as well as I do that any bill is not going to get far but you choose to allow a select few to let you live in fear.

As I've said, other 1st world countries don't have this damn problem. Keep worrying about drag queens though. They're way more of a danger than the mental wear of lockdown drills and the prospect of being shot in school.

Questioning what type of gun or magazine I own? Once they think they can take one certain type they go for all. It's happened before. History shows it

Fear, live in fear. Don't forget AR-15s were illegal at one point in our history. Fully auto weapons are illegal. How often is anyone using those other than some gang activity?

• Haha
Reactions: BK13T-$
I think every teacher should get a non public teaching job next year and not return. Do that for one year or until they come up with a better payment plan. NOT sure if that would hit you on the retirement plan for health care and that type of thing due to leaving and coming back. In business that usually results in a new start / hire date even if you go back into the exact same position.

Make parents home school their kids for a year. It's amazing how everyone was so supportive of schools when Covid starting, then because they let certain outlets spread lies and misinformation, we are back to villainizing schools.

Fear, live in fear. Don't forget AR-15s were illegal at one point in our history. Fully auto weapons are illegal. How often is anyone using those other than some gang activity?
They never were. During the “assault weapons ban” from 94-04 I bought a fully functional AR-15. It didn’t have a bayonet lug or a flash suppressor, but it was a semiautomatic rifle with a detachable magazine and I could buy a kit to install a collapsible stock. The “ban” said that an “assault weapon” had more than two of the following characteristics: a detachable magazine, a bayonet lug, a flash suppressor and a collapsible stock. It was entirely about cosmetic variables because they couldn’t come up with a definition that would differentiate an “assault weapon” from any other semiautomatic rifle.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Beto is the only one that said we are going to take your "AR-15" outloud. There is support for mandatory buybacks for AR-15s.

But you know just as well as I do that any bill is not going to get far but you choose to allow a select few to let you live in fear.

As I've said, other 1st world countries don't have this damn problem. Keep worrying about drag queens though. They're way more of a danger than the mental wear of lockdown drills and the prospect of being shot in school.

You are wrong.
I just told you who said it but you refuse to believe facts. Look it up.
AR-15 were never really banned and Fully automatics are still legal it's just expensive.

Those other countries that you refer to have higher violent crime rates per 100,000.
Wonder why?
I knew you would talk out of both sides of your mouth.

Hey if this thread turns into the gun battle they may shut us down. Right now they like the clicks and activity its getting so lets keep it fairly civil.

I just happened to run across an article where it looks like the rural areas of Texas shut down a bill that would give every student 8 grand to go toward the tuition for a private school, however it did not pass. In many small, rural towns the public schools are the heart of them, employing many of the residents and offers something the whole town can rally around. If they destroy these public schools what are folks going to do?

An 8k voucher does nothing for a 20k school as most average folks can't make up the rest. But if you're already paying the 20k then you just got a tax break from your neighbors. Yet they frame it as a school choice issue.

Reactions: btango
Come on 13, we could sit here an post BS all day from the far right folks in congress, just look at Marjorie Taylor Green, both parties have their extremist, and neither party needs them.

Hey if this thread turns into the gun battle they may shut us down. Right now they like the clicks and activity its getting so lets keep it fairly civil.

I just happened to run across an article where it looks like the rural areas of Texas shut down a bill that would give every student 8 grand to go toward the tuition for a private school, however it did not pass. In many small, rural towns the public schools are the heart of them, employing many of the residents and offers something the whole town can rally around. If they destroy these public schools what are folks going to do?

An 8k voucher does nothing for a 20k school as most average folks can't make up the rest. But if you're already paying the 20k then you just got a tax break from your neighbors. Yet they frame it as a school choice issue.
According to this PBS report homeschooling has increased by 30% since the start of the 2019 school year.
I personally am a fan of public schools, but I also understand why some parents want alternatives. What you say about the importance of the school to small communities is true, but that might not be enough to convince parents that they should value that over doing what they think is in the best interests of their kids.

Reactions: heelzfor2
Come on 13, we could sit here an post BS all day from the far right folks in congress, just look at Marjorie Taylor Green, both parties have their extremist, and neither party needs them.

He said None said it.

I didn't deny what MTG said.

Prove it. Find audio that says from Biden or any member of Congress that says "we are going to take your guns."

You're obviously out of the loop is you think nobody using them.

Fully auto is not illegal. You just need a permit. I'm not scared of anything, don't have to be. I enjoy shooting. I have friends and cousins that come to our farm to shoot almost every weekend at some point. One of them has a fully auto completely legal

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT