ADVERTISEMENT

Ok I understand about Murphy

All these posts and not one poster gave me ..

Ec who left Murphy
Alternative who don’t count

And the amount of the 200 enrollenent left hiwasse to play football

But you can keep up the skirting
Honestly I don't know

Murphy fan saying Robbinsville was better in 14 and 15
I dont think anyone said otherwise. The topic was whether or not Murphy was a title contender those years. '14 yes they were, before the Cox injury. '15 no they werent, too young. Murphy was fortunate to beat Rosman in the playoffs in '15 and probably wouldn't have had Rosman been healthy.

If Robbinsville wasnt there in '14 and '15 Murphy still gets beat by Plymouth both years, given same set of circumstances.

Last edited:
Reactions: NC nole fan
I saw where you liked a post by one of your fellow knight fans that said Friday would be the first time both teams meet when they are both good enough to win the title. Since you liked that post, and since you said Robbinsville always kicks Murphy’s butt when the knights are good enough to win the title, I trust that there will be no lame excuses if your team loses Friday? No crying about playing down?
no lame excuses what so ever, but just know we could beat the east champ also

Shoot Cherokee bout beat them and should have . Robbinsville had a shot . And they got a shot this week .

Doesn’t distract you from the fact you got 800 kids to pull from lol

if you played where you belong Tarboro would put you out and we would have 15
You just made my point about you and a couple more for me uncle Rico. Only reason you dis on Murphy is because you know they are gonna beat your team most of the time. You cry and whine about numbers to draw attention away from that. You are just jealous of Murphys success and disappointed you cant make it to state every year. Just think Rico, if coach had put you in at qb in 4th quarter you would already have 15.

Shoot Cherokee bout beat them and should have . Robbinsville had a shot . And they got a shot this weekl
Reading comprehension is important. I said with the way Mitchell were playing FRIDAY NIGHT. That version of Mitchell is the best team Murphy has played this year.

And nobody said Robbinsville don't have a shot this coming Friday. The same team doesn't necessarily show up every week, these are teenagers.

Last edited:
Not sure Murphy would beat them in 15 with Cox. IMO 14 Knights were better than 15 team
Cox was a senior in '14, Murphy's '14 team was definitely better than the '15 team with or without Cox. Robbinsville '14 team was defiinitely better than their '15 team.

We know what the '14 Murphy team was capable of with Cox on the field, they gave a 14-1 Franklin team that played in the 2AA regional final all they could handle.

Senior version of Cox is the best RB Murphy has had since Jake Smith in '92. You don't lose somebody that talented and be alright. We saw how Mount Airy folded without Greene. In those situations it's not just the loss of the player, it's the mental effect it has on the rest of the team losing your top guy, your superstar .

Last edited:
nope murphy was 2a back in the day, then they whinned and cried until the nchsaa let them play every other year in 1a. They have scamed the system ever since
Your so full of this Robbinsville poor me crap I have heard it for years give it our get better wasn’t that the signs you all had up when you finally beat us (We got better ) . It’s sad when it takes another football coach from another school to motivate you all enough to finally win a game in how many years ? Did Murphy complain back in the 80s when you all had your glory years no went and found a coach started a winning program and it’s now one of the best in the state ! Stop whining! Did you even play football? I did and when Gentry first started at MHS. Was a senior on his first state title! I never lost the RHS! Nobody from RHS was whining back then. Farther more MHS never whined we took probation for 5 yrs and still keep winning BTW on of those years we beat RHS by over 40 and they went on to win a title we had to stop at 10 games.

And if Tarboro played where they belong then Murphy and Robbinsville would probably both win a title.
So are you saying that robbinsville at 1a, Murphy at 1aa, Tarboro at 2a? Cause if that’s the case than you’re agreeing that Murphy should be 1aa and cheats the system

Shoot Cherokee bout beat them and should have . Robbinsville had a shot . And they got a shot this week .

Doesn’t distract you from the fact you got 800 kids to pull from lol
Keep dreaming, Cherokee just happened to get Mitchell’s worst game of the season.

Why is this even being talked about? There are plenty of schools that have particular advantages over other schools. Just because there is an early college and another high school that doesn’t offer football, doesn’t mean that it’s Murphy making all this happen. If you are a kid and you live in HD bit you want to play football, why wouldn’t you go to Murphy. It’s befause they want to play the game. I live in Robbinsville and I’m a proud Knights fan but I have enough common sense to know that most of these kids that get drawn into Murphy are kids making the choice to play football. At the end of the day, Murphy isn’t scared of nobody and won’t back down from playing anyone. Play the game and the best team wins this Friday. Good luck to both the Knights and Dogs and I hope for an injury free game. Should be a classic

Murphy can't win in 1AA football.check out their record in playoffs when they were 1AA where they belong.zero state titles.swain plays with big boys in 1AA and has won a 1AA title.murphy gets a bye an awful alleghaney Mitchell and r'ville then Pimlico maybe in title.just this year swain would had to play Mic mt airy east Surry probably starmount then tarboro.the level of competition isn't even on same page.that's why they cheat to stay 1a

I don’t think any of the opponents that Swain would have had to play in the playoffs would beat Murphy handily. I think Murphy would be in every ball game and potentially win until they played Tarboro in the Championship.

Murphy can't win in 1AA football.check out their record in playoffs when they were 1AA where they belong.zero state titles.swain plays with big boys in 1AA and has won a 1AA title.murphy gets a bye an awful alleghaney Mitchell and r'ville then Pimlico maybe in title.just this year swain would had to play Mic mt airy east Surry probably starmount then tarboro.the level of competition isn't even on same page.that's why they cheat to stay 1a
Blah blah blah blah blah

Funny ,,, you brag on your 1AA title, but can't win your conference. We own you guys with 2/3 of your enrollment. Murphy spanked you like a child. And you talk about the teams "you would have had to play". Well guess what, you don't have to play them because you lost to a team that lost 40-0 in the next round. You guys would have maybe won a single game in 1A this year. Why don't you sit down and let the people talk whose teams are actually still playing football.

Lol the 1AA west was weak as piss this year, quit acting otherwise. Murphy is still playing in 1AA, EASILY. Take your 49-7 ass whipping this year and go hit the basketball boards.

The numbers thing is never going to change so considering game at hand. Murphy by two scores

Lol I’ll speak whatever my spell check or big thumbs texts. But you still don’t answer the question you got a 200 student that you use to get let’s guess 5-8 players a year . But when u talking 1a not 1aa most teams have 20-28 players that’s a big help
I will answer ,we get kids from Ranger area, 99% of those kids never considered themselves H.D. Kids ,very rarely if any do we get a transfer from H.D. High School to play football, and to your surprise they're are kids that select Copper Basin High School.

I will answer ,we get kids from Ranger area, 99% of those kids never considered themselves H.D. Kids ,very rarely if any do we get a transfer from H.D. High School to play football, and to your surprise they're are kids that select Copper Basin High School.
Agree !! How many athletes left Stecoah & Mtn View ( Strong Basketball Schools) in the Seventies to play football for Robbinsville ?
No difference

This entire thread....
58a.jpg

Im lost here. What kids did we have from Andrews? Not saying we didnt just cant think of one.

That was 2014 i think. He never went to Andrews school 1 day. He was homeschooled. His dad got a teaching job at Robbinsville when the boy was a 7th grader and he only kicked.

Thats hardly the same as kids coming from another school just because they cant play football.

Postell never went to any other school as far as i know.
His dad is from andrews and his mom is from Robbinsville

You are wrong ,the majority of Robbinsville State titles came when Murphy was 2a ,and Robbinsville was one of the largest teams in 1a.And also I believe you beat Murphy in 2014 and 15 with Andrew's kids.
Wrong dogtuff only conference winners went to the playoffs in the 70's we had to beat Swain and murphy just like the rest of the conference just to make the playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT