ADVERTISEMENT

Northwest IA Predictions for Girls

Girls -BBall Fan

Feb 7, 2003
Girls
1. WS Prep-athletic , strong guard player overall good tall team. experience and battle test. PG is the key to the team. Two very good wing players who can shoot the ball and attack the basket. Don't know about incoming players
2. Bishop - Nine team defending state champ will still be good, lose Brown and older Neiters sister. Still have good guard play and a very good freshman class
3. Atkins- Very young last year, may have lose a couple of players but are still very long and athletic.
4. East Surry- Only lose one senior could be very good if they play together. A lot of these Girls have play varsity for three year could be dangerous
5. Mt Airy - Lose 5 seniors have a couple of good returning players and good freshman class
6. North Stokes- Has a couple of shooters and a decent post player
7. Walkertown- Three Coach in three years very bad last year

Not a lot to gripe with here. I would probably swap Mount Airy and East Surry just because of their strong freshman class, but we're splitting hairs.

At the top of the league, Prep is almost definitely going to be the best team when the season starts. Bishop has a lot of holes to fill and will probably take some lumps early in the year (games against North Wilkes, Dudley, Southwest Guilford, Floyd County, etc in non conference will ensure that) with such a young team. If their freshman develop over the course of the year it's going to be REALLY interesting to see who the stronger team is at the end of the year though.

This post was edited on 7/19 7:34 PM by Dave2kMA

Prep's best player (the guard, Claytor) was all set to transfer, but the rumor is that her folks 86'd it because they didn't like the academics at New Hope in Thomasville, so she's back.

Atkins' best did transfer, but they had a ton of young talent (no seniors among their top 8 last year if I recall). They'll be weaker, but still very good. Atkins probably won't challenge for a league title, but they'll still be a solid #3.

I have a hard time going against Bishop with the last 9 years. LOL. Either way with the pod system removed this year should be a great year of basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT