ADVERTISEMENT

North Stokes vs Mt Airy

REWhitley

Sep 1, 2021
I would be interested in hearing various thoughts on the following question:
When one team is absolutely over powering their opponent, how does the coaching staff direct the game plan, protect the players of both teams while not disrespecting the opponent?
I have so much respect for North Stokes, its players, its coaches and community. So how do you coach/direct the game?

Could always use it to experiment a little with new plays or sets
Could very well do that. They ran some against Surry Central that were not in playback last year or in first two games. Some were under center. Again would like to see Landon play with first string offense

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
First, MA coaching staff must be creative with practice. New drills, looking ahead and work on an opponent without the team realizing it, work on your two minute offense with no huddle/hurry up, have a study hall each day, teach your players how to tie a tie, or shorten practice !
Second, there is so much difference in these two programs, you must be ready to back off immediately and play the JV players.
Third, always respect the North Stokes team!!!!!

Play your subs quick. Keep the playbook simple. Use as much play clock as possible. Tell your ball handlers to stay inbounds.

I like the idea of giving Landon some meaningful minutes. Play hard, stay focused, get a comfortable lead then let Group 2s & Group 3s play.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Get the score to 28-35 and then put in the back-ups. Save risk of injury and let that clock roll in the second half.

Run your normal offense for the 1st quarter.

Backs up for the remainder running base plays only. Build up that muscle memory.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT