ADVERTISEMENT

Mount Airy vs East Wilkes Rematch

EW really needs to use this game as a springboard for next season...of course they need to recognize they're David vs Goliath in this match up. EW only has 5 seniors. A good showing for them would go a long way. Let's see if Wimoth has the shock the world coaching mentality instilled in his players for Friday night. Winning is far fetched for the Cards...but Maximum effort will go a long way.

I was at the first game and EW went "toe-to-toe" with MA for a half. Several nice runs and sustained drives that either ended via FGs or on downs in the RED ZONE. MA better not have a sluggish start or this may be much, much closer. EW certainly has their attention and will see a more varied OFFENSE this Friday night. Good luck Cardinals and safe travels.

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
First game was on Monday. MA is the better team and hopefully coaches will have MA focused this time and not wait til halftime. I think MA wins big and comes out on fire with alot of sense of purpose

As far as tough games I thought the Starmount game game was one of toughest. Young men just kept shooting themselves in the foot. Lots of tension between teams. Coach finally had to call them over and chew on those buts. Lots of mouthing from both sides. Just my opinion.

N
So is East Wilkes the best team that Mt Airy has played this

So is East Wilkes the best team that Mt Airy has played this season
Offense yes! I still think Starmount was a hard nose game even though we held them to 46 total yards you could tell they were better than the outcome. Well coached! Physical!

I think it will be Stm at MA next week and will be physical game. If Andrews don't beat and bang them up to much. Last game was real chippy!
Agreed, that has been my thoughts since the brackets came out. Stm may give the Bears a better game than before and the best all season. Bears must be prepared ! !

Lets Go Bears, Friday Night Lights ! ! !

il_794xN.1675210403_89lu.jpg

Reactions: buzzcoach
I think he is meaning the shirt
One for you Deana.. Like I said, I think it is a decal according to price.
Change the search to Rams or any team mascot and probably get yours. I got 3 different ones and photoshopped one to have Mount Airy Bears on it.

I'm gonna have to pull for the Cards in this one. They earned my respect in 2015, and even tho he is no longer there, Atkins is a class act.
And I was going to pull for Mitchell. Know I need to give that a little more thought. Is it you had rather play the weaker of the two if you have to meet MA or EW ? I even picked them to win in the Bracket Picks Round 2
LOL ;) :cool:

And I was going to pull for Mitchell. Know I need to give that a little more thought. Is it you had rather play the weaker of the two if you have to meet MA or EW ? I even picked them to win in the Bracket Picks Round 2
I don't know all of Mounties' reasons but personally if Mitchell can make it to the 4th round I would want MA to get beat ether 2nd or 3rd round simply because I'd rather drive 10 minutes to watch a game instead of over 2 1/2 hours to watch a game.

Nope nothing to do with as a matter of fact. Although, nothing would tickle me more than traveling to Mount Airy and watching the bears face a REAL team 😁

Nope nothing to do with as a matter of fact. Although, nothing would tickle me more than traveling to Mount Airy and watching the bears face a REAL team 😁
Nothing would tickle me more than y'all traveling to Mount Airy and us beating a real team like we did the last time Mitchell made the trip. That was a really good team we played, I say 3 best in the state that year. I may be getting y'all mixed up with Murphy. 😁 ;) :cool:

Last edited:
Nothing would tickle me more than y'all traveling to Mount Airy and us beating a real team like we did the last time Mitchell made the trip. That was a really good team we played, I say 3 best in the state that year. I may be getting y'all mixed up with Murphy. 😁 ;) :cool:
I was thinking about Murphy's last trip to Mount Airy and Mitchell being the 3rd best team in the state in 2019 when East Surry beat y'all 35-28 and beat Tarboro 56-28 for the Ship. Heck Mitchell could possibly have been better than Tarbaro that year. The last time Mount Airy played Mitchell was the 2nd round in 2015 @ Mitchell, y'all won 41-14. Box score from MaxPrep. So we do owe you one. LOL
Q1Q2Q3Q4Final
Mount Airy707014
Mitchell02114641

Last edited:
I was thinking about Murphy's last trip to Mount Airy and Mitchell being the 3rd best team in the state in 2019 when East Surry beat y'all 35-28 and beat Tarboro 56-28 for the Ship. Heck Mitchell could possibly have been better than Tarbaro that year. The last time Mount Airy played Mitchell was the 2nd round in 2015 @ Mitchell, y'all won 41-14. Box score from MaxPrep. So we do owe you one. LOL
Q1Q2Q3Q4Final
Mount Airy707014
Mitchell02114641
1986 was a good game 2nd round 2A @ MA, Mitchell had just beaten East Surry the week before 27-0 ( my cousin who played football at ES never paid me the $10 he bet me on that game which to this day I remind him of lol) but Mitchell won I believe on their last drive in last few minutes 27-21. I was 21 working as a salesman for wtoe and one of the announcers went on vacation ( no one expected Mitchell to go that far) and I had to be the color man for the next game at Mitchell against Newton-Conover, Mitchell lost 20-12 , NC lost Lexington 27-21 and Lexington won the 2A state championship over Ahsokie ( who I guess is Hertford now) 35-7

If not mistaken I think Mount Airy Bear Historian posted the record on Mount Airy vs the SMC. Maybe he will repost it. I remember it one way but maybe wrong so hopefully, he will see this and repost it. It has been a while back.

I believe the last time Mitchell played Mt. Airy was in 2015 at Mitchell, which Mitchell won easily.

I believe the last time Mitchell played Mt. Airy was in 2015 at Mitchell, which Mitchell won easily.
The last time Mount Airy played Mitchell was the 2nd round in 2015 @ Mitchell, y'all won 41-14. Box score from MaxPrep. So we do owe you one. LOL
It was the Murphy game I was thinking about, not Mitchell.
Q1Q2Q3Q4Final
Mount Airy707014
Mitchell02114641

Reactions: The Deerhunter
I don't think Adkins really shut down the game plan in the 2nd half. Personally, I think Wilmoth went away from his game plan, or whatever was working in the 1st half and in the 2nd half started throwing the ball down after down with pressure all night and Mt Airy forced interceptions. Then ultimately just ran away with the game.

MA definitely made adjustments and showed a different look on Defense in the 2nd Half. Wilmoth made adjustments and started throwing the ball. EW did not execute and MA has a few more athletes than EW and those guys made some great plays. Interested to see the "chess match" between Staff's Friday night. Hats off to Darren on a great game plan!!!

Im sure they made some adjustments, not saying that they didnt, I just personally think EW went away from their game plan under "panic mode" being down 19-6 at half, needed a quick TD and ended up throwing an INT and the game just went down hill from there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT