ADVERTISEMENT

Mount Airy 2022 Football Schedule

Team is young but returning a lot of players from last year. Lots of sophomore played last year. Will be heavy with Jr's this year

Reactions: buzzcoach
I disagree with that. Obviously our game will be tough for them. Starmount will be much improved. I believe they beat the team that beat you guys last year. I could be wrong about that but I thought you guys lost to Andrews.
Andrew’s has a good team they’ll be tough again. When we played Andrew’s we’d just played two 4a teams and weren’t prepared mentally or physically. I thought y’all and tarboro were the best teams we played last year.

Mitchell played terrible in the Andrews game.
If Robbinsville had played that version of Mitchell we would've won by 3 tds.
Mitchell just didn't look right.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Andrew’s has a good team they’ll be tough again. When we played Andrew’s we’d just played two 4a teams and weren’t prepared mentally or physically. I thought y’all and tarboro were the best teams we played last year.
Totally understand buddy I just saw them with 10 and 10 coming back and thought man they're going to be pretty good. You guys did play lake Norman in watauga that's correct. Those had to be two tough physical games. Good as to you guys. They had the bodies to throw at you you guys didn't but hung in there. I don't think we played you guys last year? And I guess we won't get to again since we moved up.

I think we are 8 weeks out until the first scrimmage game on August 12th. Thanks for the additional information.
Hope Mount Airy looks ok in their 2 scrimmages this evening vs George Wythe @ 4 pm & Ridgeview @ 7 pm. I don't know anything about the teams they go against this evening in Wytheville, Va. I think both would be 1A in NC, since Va, goes to 6A.

Has anyone gone to the Top 5 review put out by NC Preps? Only one of the five provided "speed" figures. Mt Airy has 11 players with speeds ranging from less than a 5.0 40 time and they have 11 between <5.0 and 4.56 times.
Do not know if that converts to wins on the scoreboard but as one of the former App State coaches would time me when he was recruiting, you can put weight on a player but it was really hard to add much speed or quickness.
Did you go to Wytheville, if so how did the Bears do ?

A Defense like Mt Airy had last year don't come very often it's been years since they've allowed that fewer points in a season probably 08 was the last time they will be fine

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
A Defense like Mt Airy had last year don't come very often it's been years since they've allowed that fewer points in a season probably 08 was the last time they will be fine
Correct, in 2008 MA averaged giving up 5.9 points per game, and the scoring average was 52.8 points in a 16 - 0 undefeated season. They scored 845 points and 94 points were scored against them.
2021 they went 13-1 with 46 points against them for an average of 3.5 points per game and scored 680 points for an average of 52.3 points scored per game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT