ADVERTISEMENT

Most memorable or wildest game you seen.

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
I seen quite a few. But just going back a couple years ago. In both JV and Varsity games with Mooresville playing against Lake Norman. In JV game. It was like 4 secs left in the game. Lake Norman kicks a field goal and wins by 2. The next night in Varsity. Mooresville is down by 1 with 4 secs to go. They kick a FG and win by 2. It’s those moments you never forget. What is your most memorable moments in HS football.

I seen quite a few. But just going back a couple years ago. In both JV and Varsity games with Mooresville playing against Lake Norman. In JV game. It was like 4 secs left in the game. Lake Norman kicks a field goal and wins by 2. The next night in Varsity. Mooresville is down by 1 with 4 secs to go. They kick a FG and win by 2. It’s those moments you never forget. What is your most memorable moments in HS football.
One of mine involves Mooresville also. It was verses Kings Mountain during the playoffs, a little over 10 years ago I believe. KM defense made a game winning tackle on the literally 1 inch line.

Also the Crest at Catholic game with the student section taunting Ledbetter and him giving the chomping gesture all night.

Kings Mountain vs Anson County 2008 playoffs KM 56-55

South Point over KM 56-52 1999

Catholic over KM 56-49 2019 playoffs

KM vs Crest 28-28 1996

Being at the Kings Mountain game listening to the 2022 Crest - Shelby game online Crest 54-49

Most memorable was definitely the KM 26-21 playoff win over nationally ranked AL Brown in 1998

Last edited:
Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Kings Mountain vs Anson County 2008 playoffs KM 56-55

South Point over KM 56-52 1999

Catholic over KM 56-49 2019

KM vs Crest 28-28 1996

Being at the Kings Mountain game listening to the 2022 Crest - Shelby game online Crest 54-49
That KM-SP game was first time could remember seeing such a high scoring game anywhere. Now they are common, at least in college.

1981 East Surry at Salisbury second round playoffs, East Surry has 27 players(4 moved up from JV’s, Salisbury has 55 dressed, East Surry has ONE player over 200(Scott Campbell), East Surry wins on a last second field goal !!!!! MAJOR upset !!!

I forgot this gem from 2021 when KM fought back from a 19-7 deficit in the 4th qtr to knock West Charlotte out of the playoffs for the second year in a row. That KM defense was doling out punishment all night in this one.

A.L.Brown’s 2012 first two rounds in the playoffs.

Round one against North Forsyth Brown was down 14 with 2 mins to go in the game and scored to go down 7. Brown kicks the onside kick and all N F has to do is fall on the ball and the game is over. But they pick up the the ball and runs it back for a TD to go back up 14
With 1:30 left in the game. On the next possession. Brown goes back down the field and scores a touchdown with a minute to go into game to go down seven. On the next on sidekick Brown recovers the ball and goes down and scored for 30 seconds to go in the game. Brown goes on the win 41 to 35 in overtime.

In round two at Hickory Ridge, Brown wins a wild 69 to 55 game, neither teams defense could stop the other teams offense.

I looked on Carolina Preps team pages for the exact date of this game, because I’ve talked about this game before and anyone can look up the score this way. On October 25th, 1990 Freedom played host to Hickory in a conference game. The Tornadoes had a big lead at halftime (three TDs) and Leon Johnson was hurt.
I don’t know what they did in the locker room, but he came out for the second half like a man possessed and we started catching up, mostly on his scoring. Finally, late in the game we were down eight and scored a TD. Leon then juked a Hickory defender on a nice misdirection for the two point conversion to tie it.
But credit to the Red Tornadoes, they didn’t panic and drove down to kick a field goal to win. They were set up from about 30 yards out when Leon broke through the line and blocked it. Zavia Tate scooped it up and headed for the end zone, but a Hickory player had the angle on him. Suddenly Leon comes from way behind the play and catches the Hickory player, he manages to throw a block that freed Tate to score the winning touchdown. It was the greatest performance by any player I’ve ever seen on a football field. I remember it clearly to this day.

Pisgah Tuscola I believe in 2016 both undefeated .Tuscola ahead 17-0 at the half. Bears down by 10 with two minutes left ,Bears ties it at 17 then win in overtime 23-20.Sylva Webster ,Pisgah playoff game in 1976,Streeters against Singleton .Bears down 17 points in fourth quarter come back and win 38-30.I agree with the guy from Crest .Shelby Pisgah was another good one.

In no particular order
The mallard creek vs Byrnes @ Byrnes
2015 Crest vs Shelby
Last years Crest vs Gaffney
2022 Crest vs Shelby was a very good game

Bottom line if you want to see a great football game just go watch a Crest vs Shelby game 😂

1986 Havelock at Shelby in the 3a state title game.... Shelby on a Colonel Hopper field goal takes the win 9-6 in an absolute slobber knocker game

1987 Shelby vs West Caldwell semis: Unbelievable hard hitting ball game, Clint Gwaltney with the 50 yard field goal near the end for the final points in a 3 point Lions victory

Shelby Pisgah 2006 unreal atmosphere

Crest and Mt Tabor: the bounce pass game.... Exciting game hard hitting ....

Any Crest Shelby game.. just never know what to expect

Crest and Gaffney last year

Hibriten and Bandys (woodlief and the unreal QB for hibriten)
Hibriten and Tuscola: Coldest I have ever been in my life
Shelby and Bandys 1997 second coldest I have ever been

Shelby and Cummings 2004

too many others to count, I am getting old

1986 Havelock at Shelby in the 3a state title game.... Shelby on a Colonel Hopper field goal takes the win 9-6 in an absolute slobber knocker game

1987 Shelby vs West Caldwell semis: Unbelievable hard hitting ball game, Clint Gwaltney with the 50 yard field goal near the end for the final points in a 3 point Lions victory

Shelby Pisgah 2006 unreal atmosphere

Crest and Mt Tabor: the bounce pass game.... Exciting game hard hitting ....

Any Crest Shelby game.. just never know what to expect

Crest and Gaffney last year

Hibriten and Bandys (woodlief and the unreal QB for hibriten)
Hibriten and Tuscola: Coldest I have ever been in my life
Shelby and Bandys 1997 second coldest I have ever been

Shelby and Cummings 2004

too many others to count, I am getting old
I remembered the 1997 Bandys vs Shelby game. 4th rd of the 2A playoffs. I was there for that one. Incredibly cold game for sure.

Reactions: Shelby Lion
As I stated at the top of the post. Seen quite a few good ones over the years. I believe it was 2010 when West Rowan played Hibriten in the playoffs. It was tooth n nail dog fight type of game. A game that could have easily went either way.

1990 A L Brown was down 5 with 50 seconds to go in the game against Concord. They go 70 yards in 3 plays to score a TD as time expired to win the game.

You had to get there like at 530 just to get a seat and it was already in the 20s. Great game
Yes it was a great game for sure. I remember I got there early to saved a seat for a friend. And the wind was whipping and trying to stay warm. And I don’t think I ever made it to the concession stand. I was just trying just to keep warm. Lol.

Reactions: SHS LION
Yes it was a great game for sure. I remember I got there early to saved a seat for a friend. And the wind was whipping and trying to stay warm. And I don’t think I ever made it to the concession stand. I was just trying just to keep warm. Lol.
I attended this game and have 2 memories. the cold and I was standing a couple of rows back when the group leaning on the fence caused it to fall down toward the field.

2014 East Surry at Mt Airy

Last regular season game and for the conference championship. On paper ma was the better team. Our boys hung around and fought like champs. Got the ball with 3:53 to go in the 4th quarter on the 4 yard line and went 96 yards to score and win 28-23. My favorite part was Coach Diamont putting them in the Cardinal set and ran plays from little league. The bears didn't know whether to scratch their watch or wind their butts. Complete team win.

Go Big Red
#27Forever

2014- Weddington vs Cuthbertson

State Semi finals. Conference rivals playing for a chance to play for the state title. Cuthbertson led by Austin Kendall defeated Weddington in the regular season. Tim Carson and the Warriors were looking for revenge. Game was back and forth most of the way, Grayson Willingham scored with less than a minute to go. Cuthbertson couldn't mount a miracle drive, and Weddington would go on to play Northern Guilford in the state championship.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT